It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York sees 75 percent drop in new coronavirus hospitalizations

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
a reply to: putnam6

Baseball thinking of restarting in May

Yes, I was reading this morning that one plan is for all games to be played at the Diamondbacks stadium in Phoenix, but no fans allowed. I read some concern for the players -- "all it takes is just one player to have it and pass it on and the whole baseball league will die of coronavirus! OMG!!!" -- but I'm thinking it might work rather well in practice. Playing in the sun, heat and dry air would actually be very healthy and healing for the players (especially with Covid) AND very unhealthy for the Covid for the same reason.

Think you and I had this discussion a month ago about just that..

Yes, we did have this conversation A MONTH AGO (!!!) and it seems to be playing out just as advised and expected, eh? Well, at least by those who haven't lost their heads to fear and panic. Or agendas. It's telling that all of the models/projections completely ignore the known impact of increasing sunlight, warmth, and dry air on the viruses. Garbage in and garbage out.

Florida teams will have the humidity and they say thats helpful more than dry air.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 09:56 AM
link   

a reply to: LordAhriman

Social-distancing and shutdowns played a part, but not as big a role as Mother Nature: More sun, more heat, and less humidity.

I also think there are many people who knew how to take care of themselves, with nutritional, mineral and herbal supplements, and simply didn't develop complications that needed professional care.

Bullsh!t. It’s been in the 70’s and 80’s in Florida and we’re still racking numbers up like crazy.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I only have multivitamins and normal supplements (magnesium, milk thistle, vitamin B) I dont have any zinc lozenges
I ordered some from Vitamin Shoppe but they keep pushing the ship date due to stock.
I had leftover sambucu zinc lozenges from christmas we are taking randomly one a day or so but that is only 5mg per lozenge.
Maybe it helps.

Plus I exercise more at home now than I ever did because not working at the office...
There was a thread here about people getting FAT due to quarantine but I have lost 5 lbs from all the extra walking outside from being cooped up.

a reply to: Boadicea

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: mikell

Florida teams will have the humidity and they say thats helpful more than dry air.

Interesting... but I'm not sure I'm buying it yet. At least not based upon the logic I'm seeing. I hadn't heard about this, so I did some checking, and there appears to be a few theories about it, and all are faulty.

One article I read spoke to studies performed in mice, but their results had more to do with how humidity benefits the body of the infected, not how humidity affects the virus itself. It seems to me that a case could be made that if humidity is good for the body of the infected person (and we already know that steam relieves and mitigates certain symptoms), then humidity isn't good for the virus itself. So I would say those studies are missing the mark, and more study is needed.

Another study I read of compared cold and humid outcomes to hot and humid outcomes, with hot and humid winning. So okay, that makes sense. But there was no comparison with cold and dry or hot and dry, so the results (and therefore the value) is limited.

We can also just take a look at the reality around us. New York City and New Orleans are both very humid, and both are considered hot spots. Arizona is not, and Arizona is about as dry as it gets. As opposed to Florida, which has similar temperatures to Arizona, but much higher humidity, and has many more cases than Arizona.

I'd say it's too soon to come to any conclusions.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Drucifer

Bullsh!t.

Wow! What a fact-filled and informative argument!!! This will be sure be tough to argue against

It’s been in the 70’s and 80’s in Florida and we’re still racking numbers up like crazy.

Hmmmm... just for #s and giggles... I wonder if we could possibly find any other potential reasons for this. Like maybe -- just maybe -- there are other factors involved. Whatever could those be...

Oh! I know!!! Maybe all those spring breakers that descended upon your beaches and were partying like there's no tomorrow? Ya think maybe their irresponsible behavior passed the virus around like a freaking doobie? (Metaphorically, if not literally!)

And/or perhaps the fact that Florida has a very high senior population during the snowbird months?

Or maybe the fact that Florida is a very humid environment and that benefits the virus, as opposed to a dry heat like in Arizona where we have very very few cases, even with a similar snowbird population?

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: chris_stibrany
I only have multivitamins and normal supplements (magnesium, milk thistle, vitamin B) I dont have any zinc lozenges

Good for you! It may not seem like much, but never discount the healthful effects of good nutrition. One thing I've learned is that many viruses go for the weak spot so to speak, the stronger and better fortified our bodies are, the better chance we have of fighting any illness.

I ordered some from Vitamin Shoppe but they keep pushing the ship date due to stock.

That seems to be the norm these days. And it's one of the reasons I'm sure many many people are taking their own precautions and healing steps. I wanted to purchase some liposomal C for my kids, and everywhere was sold out. We were sick mid- to end of February, and I re-stocked our liposomal C, colloidal silver, and olive leaf extract right before the Great Corona Panic of 2020. I managed to find some for my niece over the weekend straight from the manufacturer, but even they were out of stock a couple weeks ago.

I had leftover sambucu zinc lozenges from christmas we are taking randomly one a day or so but that is only 5mg per lozenge.
Maybe it helps.

I'm betting it helps. It won't keep you from getting the virus, but it will certainly help your body fight it if you do catch it, and no doubt reduce the severity and duration of symptoms.

Plus I exercise more at home now than I ever did because not working at the office...
There was a thread here about people getting FAT due to quarantine but I have lost 5 lbs from all the extra walking outside from being cooped up.

Well that's a happy unintended consequence! And quite fortuitous in that it seems that the overweight and obese are disproportionately affected. Of course, the overweight and obese commonly have other related health issues, like diabetes and heart conditions, which are also at higher risk for complications. So overall, that's a very good thing.

A friend was telling me that she was losing weight as well, but because she was preparing her own real food these days, instead of picking up fast food at lunch and on the way home from work. She was feeling pretty good about it.

Perhaps, at least for some people, these times will inspire a new normal and healthier habits!

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz

The media is turning their back to Cuomo now because he said:
1.) New York is "turning the corner" on Covid-19,
2.) he advocated for using Hydroxochlor.....(?) yesterday, and
3.) he sent out a "Thank-You" tweet to President Trump for helping so generously.

THREE SINS in the eyes of our TDS-afflicted Mainstream Media.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

You make good points but this is an issue:

Our medical system in this country is broken, too many prestigious experts that can not see anything other than what they are focused on.

Most people have no idea what it takes to become an expert in some of these things. 200 years ago, a genius might be a learned polymath. Today, that genius will be really good at one thing (and think they are "good" at everything else, but that's a different issue).

We live in a very specialized world by design and as a logical extension of the sheer amount of knowledge accrued over the centuries. And it's not just in medicine.

Worse, we have confused big picture thinking with business school, which are similar constructs but not at all the "same." This has created a kind of enforced myopathy. Maybe this will be the catalyst we need to force a sea change in the way we do a lot of things (poorly). Open office plans? Get bent. More telework for jobs that can be done remotely much of the time? Yes! Paid sick time for blue-collar/pink-collar workers who can't telework? Yes.

Overspecialization is a much harder nut to crack.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

The media is turning their back to Cuomo now because he said:
1.) New York is "turning the corner" on Covid-19,
2.) he advocated for using Hydroxochlor.....(?) yesterday, and
3.) he sent out a "Thank-You" tweet to President Trump for helping so generously.

THREE SINS in the eyes of our TDS-afflicted Mainstream Media.

His brother is still a "hero" though because he caught a cold.

Also he was 100% right to demand that every doctor, nurse, ambulance, and military medical personnel in the U.S.A. to report to NYC immediately or else everyone will die....

Lolz🤪

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: hombero

I think we should throw out the China and Italy numbers, to get usable data.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 12:04 PM
link   

A friend was telling me that she was losing weight as well, but because she was preparing her own real food these days, instead of picking up fast food at lunch and on the way home from work. She was feeling pretty good about it.

Perhaps, at least for some people, these times will inspire a new normal and healthier habits!

One can hope.
I think people feel much better not working under fluorescent lights for sure. I have more energy.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: chris_stibrany

I think people feel much better not working under fluorescent lights for sure. I have more energy.

Excellent point! I hadn't even thought about that, but I'll bet you're right. Especially in combination with the recirculated air in most buildings. Just getting out into the fresh air and natural light would boost one's physical and emotional well being.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Sorry but critical thinking isn't appreciated on this topic. You either have to believe they are hiding mass graves or that this was a waste of time/PsyOp by your opposing political party. It is just entirely unreasonable to believe that this could be a non-political threat that could be successfully mitigated through implementation of medical guidance and sanitization practices. It is also impossible to consider the fact that some people in government and medicine may be wrong about something without it being a ploy to damage us or political opponents.

sad times we live in.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 03:05 PM
link   

So happy about this. Lets get this over so we can get back to being normal.

edit on 7-4-2020 by HelloboysImbackguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Drucifer

Social-distancing and shutdowns played a part, but not as big a role as Mother Nature: More sun, more heat, and less humidity.

I also think there are many people who knew how to take care of themselves, with nutritional, mineral and herbal supplements, and simply didn't develop complications that needed professional care.

Bullsh!t. It’s been in the 70’s and 80’s in Florida and we’re still racking numbers up like crazy.

www.worldometers.info...

14 deaths per million is not bad.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 05:14 PM
link   
As it happens, it has just been confirmed that NYC's figures are in fact way out as people dying at home are NOT included in the figures. The source quotes 200 further deaths per day not accounted for instead of the more usual 25-30
Dying at Home Stats

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
Maybe... because of all of the shelter in place and social distancing measures taken? The whole point it to slow the spread.

Yup.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport
This is what’s happening.
There is a 400 percent increase in people dying at home.

I would imagine that some of this is people being stubborn, and waiting too long to get medical attention.
And possibly others that are just plain afraid to go out.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 06:14 PM
link   
It could also be a case of they are more likely to catch covid 19 in hospital, or they were old and couldn't afford the cost in the USA or they've rung one of the many "helplines" and been told to stay put,
That's been happening here in the UK
Plus trying to get an ambularnce now is hard work

a reply to: spacedoubt

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: spacedoubt
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport
This is what’s happening.
There is a 400 percent increase in people dying at home.

I would imagine that some of this is people being stubborn, and waiting too long to get medical attention.
And possibly others that are just plain afraid to go out.

I suspect, many people are just told to stay home, I know many are told to do so, or turned away period.

I welcome any good news but only a real fool is doing victory laps right now.

<< 1    3 >>

join