It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Due To Covid-19 Concerns - Wisconsin Primary Delayed To June - But Now It's Back On For Tomorrow.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Monday, April 5, 2020

Earlier today, the Governor of Wisconsin (Tony Evers-D) delayed tomorrow's state primary until June. Tonight a judge says it's back on for tomorrow. And, the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that Absentee ballot extensions can no longer be allowed.

Late Monday, the Wisconsin Supreme Court insisted on maintaining an in-person coronavirus-plagued primary (and for certain offices, general election) contest for Tuesday, April 7, despite a massive shortage of poll workers and a lot of voters rightly terrified of congregating.

In so doing the Wisconsin court’s 4-2 conservative majority confirmed the wishes of the Republican-controlled legislature in this intensely polarized state, where the GOP would prefer to keep turnout limited.

A few hours later the 5-4 conservative majority on the U.S. Supreme Court delivered another win for Wisconsin Republicans by overturning a federal district judge’s effort to let voters wait for delayed absentee ballots, and put them in the mail after the statutory election-day deadline, up until April 13 (the deadline for receipt of such ballots).

As a result, Wisconsin’s much-disputed election will begin and end on April 7 after all — the only in-person statewide voting event in the entire month of April.
Source: nymag.com...

A lot of activity in 24 hours for Wisconsin!

-CareWeMust

edit on 4/6/2020 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Wisconsin Supreme Court, where Irony goes to die.

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

God forbid in-person voting, right ?

It makes it much more difficult for one person to hand carry, without id, HUNDREDS of "mail in" paper votes, also without any ID, to fraudulently win an election like was done in Arizona, particularly for a candidate where NO ONE shows up at their rallies....

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: M5xaz

The Governor wanted people to vote in-person in June, because of the risk of in-person voting right now, due to the Coronavirus. The State Supreme Court shot that down. In the meantime, the State Supreme Court is closed to protect its employees from the Coronavirus.

Kinda ironic, don't ya think?

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 12:31 AM
link   

I'll be very shocked if we're not in stage 2 of this pandemic in June. I do however support delaying the primary in order to help mitigate cases on the off chance that things are better by then.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 12:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

The Governor wanted people to vote in-person in June, because of the risk of in-person voting right now, due to the Coronavirus. The State Supreme Court shot that down. In the meantime, the State Supreme Court is closed to protect its employees from the Coronavirus.

Well, gee whiz Einstein, if Walmarts in Wisconsin can operate using proper social distancing techniques, somehow it is possible to use those same techniques for voting centers, don't ya think ?
edit on 7-4-2020 by M5xaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 12:52 AM
link   

What a BS article.

The District Court had for some reason ordered that absentee votes could be cast AFTER the election itself - something that the DNC hadn't even asked for. That is not in compliance with state law.

The Supreme Court Justices ruled only on whether or not state law on the electoral process should be followed. They voted that it should.

Although heavily implied, the decision to not delay the election has nothing - NOTHING - to do to with that.

Wisconsin has decided to proceed with the elections scheduled for Tuesday, April 7. The wisdom of that decision is not the question before the Court

The sole question before the Court is whether absentee ballots now must be mailed and postmarked by election day, Tuesday, April 7, as state law would necessarily require

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 12:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Evers, basically, closed down the state on March 13th.

Apparently, election polls were "essential " business, up until today.

WI GOP (a frick'n MONTH ago) brought up delaying the election, due to the new state separation rules. A month ago. You know, back when there was still time for it to be legally challenged and voted on?

Evers said, "NO!"

That's right! Evers didn't even want to discuss it, stating that he didn't believe it (amending the Constitution) could be legally changed/delayed by April 7th.

So, he waits until the day before the election, to write an EO to delay until June. Wait! There's more.

The EO also opened up voting through June 9th. Not a date change or delay the vote. Nope.

Evers wants TWO more months to harvest votes! That is all. This is 100% Evers and the WI Democrats!

edit on 7-4-2020 by SourGrapes because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 01:13 AM
link   
a reply to: SourGrapes

(Replying to myself, instead of adding to my last post)

I'll tell you what this is. This is a very important election, here in WI
It's to take the Supreme Court, by beating the incumbent. George Soros has even dumped millions into the Democrat's (aka: Soros) candidate.

Milwaukee and Madison started early voting weeks before the other WI districts (due to individual distinct rules and dates - the two largest cities are Democrat, of course, and have the most lenient voting laws with the longest voting period of absentee ballots.

So, a month ago, Evers was confident that they had April 7th in the bag.

Well, after an entire month of absentee voting in the two most democrat saturated districts, they realized they don't have enough votes.

They need two more months to harvest ballots.
edit on 7-4-2020 by SourGrapes because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 01:18 AM
link   

The National guard will assist at voting sites. From what I’ve heard the do not have face masks....

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Wisconsin isn't a Covid-19 "hot spot" at the moment.

www.worldometers.info...

If that changes after a good turnout for tomorrow's primary, the Wisc Supreme Court should get the blame.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 01:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: DupontDeux

What a BS article.

Here's a different one: www.cnn.com...

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 01:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hypntick

I'll be very shocked if we're not in stage 2 of this pandemic in June. I do however support delaying the primary in order to help mitigate cases on the off chance that things are better by then.

Where can I find out more about "stage 2" of the Covid-19 pandemic? First I've heard of it.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Wow...that's very enlightening! I was wondering why Gov. Evers decided to delay the primary less than 24 hours before the primary was scheduled to begin.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 01:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

The National guard will assist at voting sites. From what I’ve heard the do not have face masks....

Wisconsin has had only 77 Covid-19 related deaths...but the first of the 77 was on March 19th. Maybe it wasn't a good idea to hold the primary election tomorrow after all. That might be the spark that ignites a surge in cases, like Michigan experienced after its state primary that the Governor there refused to delay.

Monday afternoon the Wisconsin Covid-19 death and suffering projections were lowered.

Source: www.tmj4.com...
edit on 4/7/2020 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Yup! Here's the thing. I was set to work one of the polls. This morning, we find out the election date has been delayed until June 9th.

Last month, Evers did a press conference, saying there would still be in-person voting on April 7th and that all polling places will abide by all social distancing guidelines, but given the situation, they'll extend absentee voting to the day of (April 7th) and anyone can request a ballot.

Well, turns out many, many people have been complaining that they haven't received their ballots they requested a month ago!

Well, of course I gambled and figured I'd vote in person, since I'll be working the polls. So, of course I didn't request an absentee ballot.

Today!! I learn they've CANCELED tomorrow's election?

And here's the rub:

Evers can say they'll accept absentee ballots up until June 6th, but the U.S. Supreme Court has already shot that down. Evers knows this.

So, what we have here is Evers shutting down the polls, knowing that in-person voting is how many suburban and conservative districts in WI vote.

Those of us who didn't request an absentee ballot would be SOL. He knows that!!

He also knows that the Supreme Court would block his E.O. This is a game to these people. A sick and twisted game.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Replying to myself, again.

He succeeded. How? Here's where it gets even better!!

Training for poll workers was supposed to happen today, but because of Evers's EO, we didn't have training.

To give a perspective, out of Milwaukee 300 polling places, 5 will be open.
Strict social distancing will be enforced.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Liberal nymag.com... makes it seem like the GOP outsmarted Evers.

There must be some important state and local elections at stake in Wisconsin. Everyone knows Biden will win the Dim primary.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Sounds like the makings for a low-turnout primary, rife with confusion.

If so, I don't expect to hear too much about the dairyland disaster on CNN or MSNBC. They goofed up by showing how discombobulated the Democrat side of the Iowa Caucuses were. Their coverage really made the Democratic party look bad that night...and the next day too.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 02:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: DupontDeux

What a BS article.

Here's a different one: www.cnn.com...

That's a way better and much more illuminating article - it explains that it is neither the federal nor the states supreme court that is the issue.

The issue, it explains, is that neither the state legislature nor the state's DHS secretary (who has the relevant emergency power) will postpone the election or cancel in-person voting.

Them you can and them, in in my opinion, you should blame.
But not the courts though.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join