It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEW Images from Private Aircraft of the TTR, Groom Lake/Area 51, Papoose Dry Lake

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 10:59 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: FosterVS

Actually, those large trucks next to the former F-117A hangars look like Scud missile transporter/launcher vehicles. Those have been spotted previously at TTR.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Zarniwoop

Heh, that's funny! I just got done reading this article and came here to see if it was posted. It's linked on Drudge.

For those wondering, the flights were all perfectly legal. The author quotes the pilot in the article where he explains what he did.

edit on 4/7/2020 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

you should get the Nikon P1000

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Dr UAE

I've got a D7500, with multiple lenses. I prefer that setup personally. I run an 18-55 for close work, 55-300 for mid range, and 150-600 for long work.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 12:42 PM
link   

I used to use a 3200 with a 300. The Nikor 300 is a nice lens. For being an older body the 3200 and 3500 are nice kits.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Certainly hope those are being copied on multiple servers but I am doubting they will lead to much...

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: abeverage

About the only time the range is cold and can be opened is on weekends. The bases are usually shut down on weekends and everything is put away.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shadowhawk

Actually, those large trucks next to the former F-117A hangars look like Scud missile transporter/launcher vehicles. Those have been spotted previously at TTR.

I had heard they had some of their Russian radar trucks parked in some of those hangars. Thanks for the clarification.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
I used to use a 3200 with a 300. The Nikor 300 is a nice lens. For being an older body the 3200 and 3500 are nice kits.

I have a Canon T5i and a Canon EF 100-400mm zoom lens, also Canon 2x extender. Some shorter lens. That's all my budget allows.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: abeverage
Certainly hope those are being copied on multiple servers but I am doubting they will lead to much...

I downloaded them as soon as I knew about them. I have seen this kind of stuff "disappear" in the past.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

A lot less distortion looking up through thin air than there is looking across mixing air at surface-level. A lot. But good luck to you! Haha

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 12:54 AM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

We know. It won't be our first time. We got good shots of the F-117s both on the runway and flying in 2016 I think it was. We've got good equipment, and know how to time our trips to allow for the heat buildup.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 08:50 PM
link   
The best shots would be ones not taken through aircraft window glass or plastic.

They both create slight distortion.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: ANNED

We usually aim to hit the area right around sunrise, and get panorama shots of the area. There's almost no distortion for them. Then the rest of the time we take random shots and see what we get. Even with the haze we've gotten a few surprising things.

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 04:12 PM
link   
What the hell is so interesting about a "secretive" military base, anyhow? How many truly secret military bases are there that the public never heard anything about? It's ridiculous to think that if there ever was anything there the government really didn't want us to know about that it would still be there after all this time. Sheesh people! Do you really think they wouldn't just move it somewhere else and let the media in and say "See! Look around! Nothing here!"?

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

Tonopah and Groom are just as active as ever. The military isn't going to open a base and let the media in at either. With commercial satellite services you're not building an airfield and hiding it. They're not going to move either base because they are remote, extremely difficult to get close to, and are in the middle of a huge block of restricted airspace. So all any test article has to do is take off, and it's in secure airspace.

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Isnt that why most of the good stuff is flown at night time....?

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I find it funny that people seriously still think that the good stuff is developed, tested, flown, based etc etc at Area 51. That place is way too easy to snoop on by the general public. Case in point the TS flying and taking photos.

Even at night the public access to decent night vision gear, the ability to camp in the surrounding area and trek close to have a look at the coming and goings of the base....

Sure, they would be testing upgraded gear from the base, using existing airframes, but radically new technology, potential UFO's and all the juicy stuff, I would put a significant amount of money on that being tested at an unknown facility, that I highly doubt would be within cooee (Aussie slang) of anyone being able to access.

Think completely isolated islands that only the military and government will have access too...

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: BalderAsir

And you'd be wrong. I always hear people say how easy it is to observe the bases, only it's really not. If it's so easy why do so few people do it? There's no reason for the military to move them because no one has ever caught anything from them. They know exactly when people are watching, and if they have to they'll adjust testing times. The closest anyone has come is radio chatter.
edit on 4/12/2020 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join