It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is Africa doing so well with this Covid-19 Pandemic ?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
They don't have 5G

Clever very Clever

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I wonder...

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 12:51 AM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

You really have to know Africans and their mindset. They were trying to cure AIDS with cow urine, albinos and sex with newborns.

Yeah I'm sure Ghana ,Morocco, Mali Sudan, Egypt ,Rwanda is included in that universal "African Mindset" etc.
And has it occurred to you that torching the vaccination testing center. could be a response to stupid low key racist statements made on French t.v by two doctors about using Africans as guinea pigs??

2 top French doctors said on live TV that coronavirus vaccines should be tested on poor Africans, leaving viewers horrified
www.businessinsider.com...

edit on 7-4-2020 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

And talk about stupid cures by our own witch doctors in the west.

On March 11, amid the COVID-19 pandemic, Copeland claimed to heal the disease in viewers of his TV show, asking them to touch the television set as he prayed for them.

“It is finished! It is over! And the United States of America is healed and well again,” spoke Copeland to his TV viewers.
www.aldergrovestar.com...

edit on 7-4-2020 by Spider879 because: Add content.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 01:43 AM
link   
I have wondered that too.
Maybe because of a naturally separated continent?
Maybe because of their experience maintaining control of even deadlier diseases like ebola?
Maybe too many military states not sharing infection information?
Maybe it's due to exposure to malaria medications in many people?
Many possibilities.
It's Africa...The last big mystery.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 01:54 AM
link   
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

There is a fair amount of air traffic out of Nairobi too but Kenya has now closed all borders and closed down the city as far as travel in and out goes.
Nairobi has dealt with infectious diseases and been victorious so they may have an edge.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 01:58 AM
link   
a reply to: jefwane

I think the numbers are going to change there over the next few weeks.
They are just behind Europe and Asia.
They will catch up just like the U.S. is doing right now.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 02:04 AM
link   
a reply to: HelloboysImbackguy

Not a lab created virus.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Africa has been containing Ebola for years and Ebola is very contagious, so they have been practising the measures of containing people and diseases in one place. This what happens now with COVID is basicly what happens there all the time, it is not new to them.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 02:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: SonOfTheLawOfOne
a reply to: JAGStorm

The parts of Africa that are infected, yes.

Otherwise, no... sub-saharan Africa is spotted with some Chinese enthusiasts looking to get rich but otherwise, not many from Wuhan province travel there on holiday.

~Namaste

But they can feast on all manner of weird and wonderful inedible creatures in Africa.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 02:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Silly. Oh this.

Yes it MAY BE a lab created virus. You know you cant know either way for sure ATM. I dont want to do anything other than love you to bits you crazy woman.

*Mwah

edit on 7-4-2020 by HelloboysImbackguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 04:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: dollukka
Africa has been containing Ebola for years and Ebola is very contagious, so they have been practising the measures of containing people and diseases in one place. This what happens now with COVID is basicly what happens there all the time, it is not new to them.

Very true, and while much of their health care system is weak, nations like Nigeria and Ghana did remarkably well during the outbreak.
And in the DRC itself they developed a local cure and the last infected person had been cured.
DRC doctor discovers Ebola cure
ubuntunet.net...

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Today's figures reveal that there are now over 10,000 infected....that they know of With Africa calling for cancellation of the £55bn debt they owe internationally with the vast majority of that owed to .....China
gosh quelle surprise

China has been supplementing Africa's economy with vast loans which they knew Africa had to way to repay, in exchange for mineral mining rights and other such incentives

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Wasn't a thread here from one of our resident experts predicting that South Africa covid 19 would be worse than any country?

Yeah. I seem to remember that.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: dollukka

Agreed , Africa is the Continent of Pandemics . They have suffered through much worse than Covid-19, Ebola being the most deadly but it is because of the Deadly nature of Ebola that it never spreads to far, it kills to quick to spread.

Malaria on the other hand seems to be very similar to Covid-19, People of the African Continent have some serious immune systems.

But then again I'm sure the low numbers of reported infected has a lot to do with the Lack of testing capabilities.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 04:36 PM
link   
no one really wants to go there unless you have family origins there.

a reply to: asabuvsobelow

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I'm from South Africa and lived here all my life and I can confirm I have never taken any malaria prevention at all. It could be the case in other African countries.

We are on lockdown and the cases are currently at around 1800 but there's still alot of movement around so the lockdown wouldn't be the reason for relatively low amount of cases.

It also could be lack of testing since we only tested about 60 000 and the tests are around R1000 which majority of the African community cannot afford. There have been cases in the rural townships where people stay close together in shacks and I really don't understand why the cases haven't sky rocketed by now.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join