It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

COVID-19 is racist. I mean c'mon, you knew it was coming

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Doctor Smith

or is it because the government has made sure they do not get Vitamin D with their EBT/SNaP food items? Hmmm.....

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Geesh, the virus must really hate asians

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 07:31 PM
link   
The cities hit by this virus have a lot of black people in them. Also those black people probably work in airports quite often. So I would suspect that overall in the inffected cities, the number of blacks ratio would be higher than the ratio in the whole state of blacks.

In Michigan, the majority of black people live in Detroit, but overall in Michigan I would bet that blacks are a minority.

Compare the right things to get a correlation that is accurate.

I saw the governors medical person on TV tonight and she stated in Detroit the black ratio of sick was higher than the state black ratio. Daaahhh. Detroit is higher in black people. I think it effects most people the same, I do not think there is racism in this. Maybe because the hospitals in black areas tend to have more patients could be the problem. But the White people in that area have the same problem.
edit on 6-4-2020 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 12:40 PM
link   
It's a population density issue, not a racial one.
Statewide statistics are meaningless, the greater NYC area proves that for both NY and NJ.
IF one were interested, the appropriate comparison would be incidence by racial breakdown within a geographical area by population density.
IF racial disparity is detected, highly likely it conforms to racial density within a defined population.
Plain language: more African Americans may be infected in IL because they comprise higher percentages in dense population areas - extending the numbers statewide is misleading at best.

ganjoa

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 12:46 PM
link   
The big issue is the poor in general carry undetermined preexisting conditions. Doctors are saying these people are showing up with extreme COVID-19 reactions and they find out the person is also advance diabetic with zero treatments their whole lives, or even having a clue that they might be. Hypertension is also a leading reason for complications with COVID-19 and about 50% of the black population has it.....So ya minorities will take big hits from this...
edit on 7-4-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Or you're going to have people like my brother-in-law's family: drug addicts, alcoholics, know they are raging diabetics and just plain don't care.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Or you're going to have people like my brother-in-law's family: drug addicts, alcoholics, know they are raging diabetics and just plain don't care.

Well ya that is why many are like they are. You can be way over weight and still have an extremely poor diet, extremely... and just do not give a crap... I'm sure most in these situations don't even give it one thought until they have a heart attack or something else extreme.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 03:49 PM
link   
It seems that the racism of the virus is particularly out of control in chicago

washington post

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 04:06 PM
link   
In Philadelphia they had to go around to all of the playgrounds and take the basketball hoops off of the backboards because the "youths" were gathering and still playing long after the "stay at home orders" were issued. So it has nothing to do with a bunch of ignorant shirtless sweaty idiots spitting on the courts transmitting communicable diseases to one another willingly in defiance of orders to STAY AT HOME, it's the "orange man in the white house" and "racism" that's killing their community. Gotcha. Seems legit.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: SwissMarked

That basketball behavior ain't limited to the hood. I got a nephew who's out playing with his basketball team probably right now, even.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Democrats are sick. They did not care when African Americans killed each other in the inner cities.

But suddenly they demand to know why the covid-19 flu is disproportionately affecting African Americans?

I don't believe their sudden concern is genuine.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Watching the press conferences he is holding is nuts. The same questions. "The same I'm gonna get ya Mr Trump...." . I liked how they were at least honest when the question was asked. If they would have asked Obama he would have said black people have been held back for decades.

I feel bad for anyone who has to deal with this no matter the color of their skin.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

You do realize a majority of the cases were started by Americans coming home from abroad and not tourists/immigrants?

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: MonkeyFishFrog

and?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join