It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK PM Boris Johnson taken to intensive care

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Boris Johnson has released a statement giving more info on his hospital stay and thanking the NHS staff who saved his life.

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex
Discharged already? Awesome!

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Looks like the man has won another battle. Good for him.

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: UKTruth

Most of the people I have met who work in the NHS are wonderful people, however the NHS is a disaster and is proving to be again during this pandemic.

No, it isn't.

We have one of the worst death rates in the world from the virus.

Is that due to inefficiencies in the NHS or politicians handling of the situation?
If it's down to inefficiencies can this then be due to serial mismanagement and under-funding by a succession of political administrations across the political divide?

We've already run ou of some essential medications.

Again, why?

Personally I think if anything the current situation shows the need to ring fence NHS funding and if anything increase it annually by at least the rate of inflation.
Sure, its not perfect and there are things that need addressing - wastage being one of the priorities - but now isn't the time to politicise things.

The NHS is a disaster because of exactly what you say - inefficiency brought about by serial mismangement - or over management in many regards - layers upon layers of paper pushers in management wasting money, resources and making it actually harder for doctors and nurses to do their jobs.

Like I said, it is not to do with the people who actually provide care, but as an institution, the NHS is a failure precisely because it is run by govt.

edit on 12/4/2020 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 11:58 AM
link   

The NHS is a disaster because of exactly what you say - inefficiency brought about by serial mismangement - or over management in many regards - layers upon layers of paper pushers in management wasting money, resources and making it actually harder for doctors and nurses to actually do their jobs.

It's not often we agree but on this we are one , mismangement and waste are rife in my experience.

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Looks like we all agree; mismanagement and waste.

But we can not allow the NHS to be privatised, ever.

I know no-one has suggested that but what is the alternative?

The NHS needs to be managed in an efficient and professional manner whilst remaining in public hands.
Fine words I know and its probably a damn sight easier said than done.....but I for one am a passionate supporter of a nationalised health service.

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: gortex
Discharged already? Awesome!

Looks better than before this virus came on the scene.

I CRY "FOUL PLAY"!

Prince Charles didn't bat the eyelids of the British people, so Boris stepped up to the plate imo and did a great job of FAKING it.

Flame me if you wish.

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

Looks like we all agree; mismanagement and waste.

But we can not allow the NHS to be privatised, ever.

I know no-one has suggested that but what is the alternative?

The NHS needs to be managed in an efficient and professional manner whilst remaining in public hands.
Fine words I know and its probably a damn sight easier said than done.....but I for one am a passionate supporter of a nationalised health service.

It can stay in public hands - but how about an independent leadership appointed by the people and not accountable to the Govt?
That way the Govt could not screw it up - which they do with every single thing they touch.

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I wonder if he took either Hydroxychloroquine or chloroquine or the cocktail of I think three of them.

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 07:16 PM
link   

The screw-ups aren't elected they are old boy networks that get bonuses for cutting costs, whilst looking good doing it.

The NHS should not be there for every Tom, Dick or Harriet to claim non-essential medicals - sex changes for example.

There should also be an enforcement of turning away Tourists who come without insurance and make demands on the NHS.
They should be dropped of at their embassy and then only treated if they foot the bill or dropped of at nearest BUPA hospital.

There is a lot of mismanagement because there is conflicting requirements.
ER's --
Serious illness - Cancer Strokes
Elective surgery -
GP's
Maternity
Mental health
Old age.
Preparations for pandemics , large scale accidents crisis
medical training
medical waste
research
etc

You seem to think it is an easy problem but most people can't even manage a family budget without going into debt. Think of the scale managing the access to health system for 70 million UK Citizens + foreign freeloaders

So what else could we do?

Does each hospital have to make every penny spent visible to the public?
-- who would verify the spending for free - Armchair accountants maybe?
Is there bonus paid for meeting targets? -- should be no bonus or payouts in my opinion.

Can each person in the whole operation from top dog to thieving bastard druggie do better?
of course but will it happen no to many scammers, #heads and entitled pricks out there.

Right now all who have been found breaking isolation rules should be put on a register and not allowed any NHS services.
If they receive treatment the should be forced to pay for the full costs.

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Xtrozero:

I wonder if he took either Hydroxychloroquine or chloroquine or the cocktail of I think three of them.

Nah. I think he took gin and tonics and Pimms, and cucumber sandwiches (with the crust cut 'orf).

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 04:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: puzzled2

Right now all who have been found breaking isolation rules should be put on a register and not allowed any NHS services.
If they receive treatment the should be forced to pay for the full costs.

Get over yourself.
You sound like a little facist.

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 04:28 AM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

Prince Charles didn't bat the eyelids of the British people, so Boris stepped up to the plate imo and did a great job of FAKING it. didn't bat the eyelids of the British people, so Boris stepped up to the plate imo and did a great job of FAKING it.

Prince Charles is physically fit and leads a healthy lifestyle , Boris is overweight and likes a cigar or two.

The Intensive Care nurses Boris name checked for saving his life would know if he was faking it or not , but I guess they're part of the conspiracy too.

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Humm - ah you want your cake and to eat mine too.
fyi - Facists would do as NK is reported to have done to quarantine breakers- Bang! No problems.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 04:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: nerbot

Prince Charles didn't bat the eyelids of the British people, so Boris stepped up to the plate imo and did a great job of FAKING it. didn't bat the eyelids of the British people, so Boris stepped up to the plate imo and did a great job of FAKING it.

The Intensive Care nurses Boris name checked for saving his life would know if he was faking it or not , but I guess they're part of the conspiracy too.

Yeah exactly!

And while we're on the subject, I'd like to give a shout out to all my girlies who helped me get in contact with the spirits over the Easter weekend...

Gracie
Sharona
Sarah C
Sarah G
Pheromone Sue
Yin
Jib Jab
Rub Dub
Man Hands Helen
Goose
Jean
Jan
Junkie Jill
Fat Karen
Sambo
Virgin Tracey
Faith
Hope
Dog Bird
and Roberta

Thanks girls, couldn't have done it without ya!

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 02:32 AM
link   
President Trump hinted that U.K. Prime Minister Boris Johnson's "miraculous" recovery...from ICU, to walking out the hospital door in 48 hours, was due to taking hydroxychloroquine.

President Trump sent some U.S. experts to P.M. Johnson's hospital. But what they did there has been kept secret.

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 03:37 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Nah. Downing Street said they weren't interested in Trump's offer when he originally made it as there's no evidence they work. The drug companies involved also confirmed that it never went further than Trump phoning the CEO as the drugs haven't undergone any clinical trials and three of the four companies' drugs can't even be prescribed on compassionate grounds as they're too dangerous.

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: bastion
a reply to: carewemust

Nah. Downing Street said they weren't interested in Trump's offer when he originally made it as there's no evidence they work. The drug companies involved also confirmed that it never went further than Trump phoning the CEO as the drugs haven't undergone any clinical trials and three of the four companies' drugs can't even be prescribed on compassionate grounds as they're too dangerous.

sources?

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 02:28 AM
link   
a reply to: bastion

April 16, 2020

A sure indication that Hydroxychloroquine/Zinc treatment of Covid-19 WORKS GREAT, can be found by Googling the drug, and seeing what News Outlets are at the top of the Google results.

1.) CNN - www.cnn.com...

2.) Bloomberg - www.bloomberg.com...

3.) FoxNews - www.foxnews.com...

The ABOVE THREE are digging up studies in order to make people think that Hydroxychloroquine is pretty much useless. Most of the Mainstream Media articles are strongly against this inexpensive, yet effective medication!

But, when you look at real people reporting their experiences in local media outlets, blogs, forums, and other social media platforms, you realize that the drug is pretty darn amazing!

Once you get past the 20 or so Anti-Hydroxychloroquine results that Google intentionally stacks at the top of the search results, you begin entering the realm of REALITY...with story, after story, after story, like this one:

I'm Recovering Nicely..Finally!: mtstandard.com...

It's also curious that celebrities, politicians, and other VIPs who recover from Covid-19 in record time, never mention what drug/drugs were administered.

The most recent is U.K. Prime Minister BORIS JOHNSON. He was in ICU this past Thursday...and by Saturday, walked out of the Hospital, and shot a "Thank-you" video for the hospital staff. As of this writing, I still can't find what type of drug is responsible for Mr. Boris Johnson's miraculous recovery.

Does anyone know?

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 03:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
As of this writing, I still can't find what type of drug is responsible for Mr. Boris Johnson's miraculous recovery.

Er, that's because people's medical history and treatment are private.

If you were told it was aspirin you would not believe it, because you want to believe Boris has been given some treatment not available to everyone else - virgin's blood, or unicorn horn, or whatever.

There are a number of treatments whish have been proposed for Covid-19. These range from some antiviral drugs, HIV drugs, melatonin, vitamin C, a repurposed Ebola drug. Even an arthritis drug has been proposed. Oh, and there’s chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine. While some of these drugs may be fast-tracked through trials, there has to be a modicum of clinical testing to make sure they work and they don’t cause other complications, or just raise false hope.

At the moment, in the UK at least, the treatment regime for people with Covid-19 is based around clinical need and this is how it should be. New drugs need to be tested by due process rather than YouTube, the prevalence of syndicated news, Google search results or urban myth.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join