It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK PM Boris Johnson taken to intensive care

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

We have our own Doctors who are pretty great over here, and you might be needing your own doctors soon, so probably best to keep a hold of them.

To be honest its the ones sent from China, Italy, and Spain that will be of the greatest assistance right now, considering they know what to deal with and expect.

Doctors don't let you die through carewemust, they are there to save our lives, they work with the tools they have available and do the best job that they can with the limited supplies that they have at there disposal.

Some extra ventilators might be nice, Trump should send those instead.
edit on 7-4-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: bastion

Wasnt there a tidepod craze in the USA not long ago, kind of sums up the attitude of its my body I will kill it how I want, silly doctors advising me what to do.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Let's not fight the Revolutionary War again, please???

Do NOT reply to this post.

edit on Tue Apr 7 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

edit on Tue Apr 7 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: Damn autocorrect😈

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 08:56 AM
link   
*pictures dumping Charmin into Boston Harbor to start a new Revolutionary war*

**chuckles**

How is the PM doing?

American media is saying he's on oxygen but not on a vent, and is in good spirits.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

He's off oxygen now but received four litres of oxygen yesterday evening. Strong rumours he was on a positive pressure breathing apparatus (CPAP) last night but was conscious and not on a ventilator.

It's unclear what treatment he's on at the moment. Downing Street said he's no longer on oxygen and in high spirits. In a BBC interview with Drs at the hospital in the last few minutes the Dr said he's improved but is on a 'normal oxygen delivery system' at the moment (no idea if that means oxygen mask or CPAP equivalent) and will be in hospital for the next 2 to 3 days, they're hoping he's at or just past the peak of the illness.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Sounds like he’s just got supplemental O2 going at 4 liters per minute with a nasal cannula, sounds promising, thanks

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Sounds like he’s just got supplemental O2 going at 4 liters per minute with a nasal cannula, sounds promising, thanks

Good to know his condition is stable.

Btw, I know what a nasal cannula is, but my mind wants to read it as cannoli. Sorry, I'm hungry.

"Leave the gun, take the cannoli" - Guess the movie for bonus points... no cheating!

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Encia22

Quentin Tarintino film?

(not cheating)

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Godfather or Goodfellas maybe?

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 11:05 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown

Godfather or Goodfellas maybe?

Godfather .... unsure if it's part 1 or 2, think it's part 1.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 12:09 PM
link   
DBCowboy - a good attempt... I can see Tarantino writing such a quote.

UpIsNowDown - 50% right!

Catch_a_Fire - close enough... Pt. 1

Thanks for playing. Let's scram before the cops arrive!

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Thanks. I was wondering about that "4 liters of oxygen" bit. I've spent enough time in hospitals and nursing homes to know they don't dispense oxygen by the liter, like it was a bottle of water or something.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 01:01 PM
link   
6227 deaths in UK now
getting scary

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Another article on how President Trump is attempting to help Boris Johnson, in spite of Draconian regulations put in place by the UK's National Health Service.

www.breitbart.com...

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

God bless the NHS.

You have those people painted all wrong!

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Another article on how President Trump is attempting to help Boris Johnson, in spite of Draconian regulations put in place by the UK's National Health Service.

www.breitbart.com...

I think we all know the prime minister won't be bound by the rules put in place to control the serfs.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Yes oxygen is dispensed in litres with a nasal cannulae ( tube) globally so you really haven't spent that much time around ambulatory oxygen tanks or otherwise
NHS Oxygen

a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Yup, though the figure was presented as a total so may be he only needed a short burst/boost. For comparisons sake the standard oxygen given to people on intensive care units is 15 litres. He's in ICU primarily as a precaution in case he needed to go on a ventilator so it could be administered straight away but now seems to have responded well to treatment and out of the main risk scenario.

He didn't do himself any favours by ignoring his doctors advice to get rest and continued working. Apparently he's had pneumonia-like symptoms in the past, any thoughts on whether that could increase the chance of having a more severe case or is it a lot more complicated than that/more data required?

Good news is his condition has improved significantly overnight and his temperature has fallen significantly but doctors have said he should be on bed rest for at least a month, maybe two. We're running on a skeleton government as it is as several key ministers are in self isolation after catching Coronavirus.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Anytime you get sick with anything and you're already run down and exhausted, you set yourself up for potential trouble just because your body is already tapped out. I see no reason why this wouldn't be the same, but I wouldn't think this is any more or less especially prone to being worse because you're exhausted than anything else would be ... just try not to run yourself down in general.

That's one of the catch-22s health care providers face right now, if they get swamped, they get more likely to get ill in general, including with this.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join