It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK PM Boris Johnson taken to intensive care

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Do not usually comment on other countries politics being from USA none of my business

but I do hope BoJo makes it through this..

Those other UK prime ministers were not even getting going

on BREXIT!! The people of the UK have spoken

BoJo finally was getting things done.. Prayers from across the pond!!

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 01:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: puzzled2
lets hope the give him oxygen and not forced air - COVID-19 IS NOT ARDS - Dr Cameron Kyle-Sidell FROM NYC ICU: DOES COVID-19 REALLY CAUSE ARDS??!!

The article "Covid-19 had us all fooled, but now we might have finally found its secret" also says Covid-19 dose not cause ARDS.

To summarize, in the beginning the virus has infected only a few red blood cells, and here antivirals can help, because there are still many live cells to save. In the critical stage, most of the red blood cells are dead, so antivirals do little because there is little to save. The remains of the red blood cells also do a lot of damage. Ventilators do little, because there are few red blood cells to carry oxygen.

The solution is a whole blood transfusion to replace the dead red blood cells and their remains with fresh red blood cells, along with hydroxychloroquine and zinc to protect the new blood cells from the virus. The more blood that is replaced, the faster the recovery.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 01:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: DoctorBluechip
If it does become raab in charge he's a karate black belt which is a good start ,

For what exactly? Because it has sweet FA to do with running a country.

The rest of your posts doesn't exactly instill confidence in him. You've actually made me a little fearful for what comes next...

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Oh this is very bad. Poor Boris. That is not a good sign with this disease.
Hoping for a speedy recovery.

Wasn't Charles also diagnosed with Covid 19?
Right around the same time as Johnson was.
No word on the health of the next King?
Has there been anything at all on the news over there?

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 01:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Prince Charles has recovered from COVID-19 and his wife is now out of isolation.

Prince Charles pulled through COVID-19 after he tested positive thanks to his good health and lifestyle, former royal doctor Anna Hemming said. Being 71, the Prince of Wales is among those more likely to suffer from more severe problems after catching coronavirus.
www.express.co.uk...

Hoping for more and better news on Boris today.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 01:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

(Edited: I posted this before reading the post above mine, by Gortex.

That's good news to hear Charles has recovered. )

Oh wow. Thanks, for bringing up Charles and his position, it just hit me beside the head!

The PM and (potential) King have both been diagnosed and sick. Possibly, gravely.

Plus, the Queen did just address the public, which is uncharacteristic of her these past few years.

Imagine, losing PM and King at the same time?

Britain may be in trouble.

edit on 7-4-2020 by SourGrapes because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Dbl again! Sorry guys! I'm really sucking at posting via cell phone.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Dbl

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Trpl

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 01:34 AM
link   

That is excellent news.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Personally I don’t think Prince Charles ever had CV19.

I think everyone was told he had it as a bit of a ‘leveller’.

No issue for him and Camilla to go and self isolate at their Scottish residence for a few weeks.

MR

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 04:13 AM
link   
President Trump send America's best physicians to the U.K. to (hopefully) help Prime Minister Johnson.

www.theguardian.com...

The "best" doctors are those who don't let you die, while extensive thorough failsafe cautious tedious medical Rx test trials are conducted.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 04:23 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

He didn't send any doctors, it was pharma CEOs as the article states.

It's a nice gesture but not of any help or practical use though as the drugs aren't approved for use by NICE and there's no trials showing they're effective so they can't be used on people in the UK.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 04:30 AM
link   
a reply to: bastion
Then the CEO's/Trump will pull some strings and get the "NICE" rules circumvented. Do you think they went over there for idle chit-chat while PM Johnson is deteriorating in ICU?

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 04:37 AM
link   

I think we got it covered thanks, how us Brits have progresed since you won the war for us, we all grown up and everything now, even got our own health service.

I mean you even used the term physician and doctors despite the article not even mentioning them, maybe your "doctors" also dont read things properly.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 04:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: bastion
Then the CEO's/Trump will pull some strings and get the "NICE" rules circumvented. Do you think they went over there for idle chit-chat while PM Johnson is deteriorating in ICU?

That's not how medicine works in the UK thankfully, treatment is based on evidence not shady backroom deals or big pharma lobbying. The UK already has 80 different drugs used in the treatment of covid including heroin, fentanyl, ketamine, and Hydroxychloroquine was put on trial last month.

assets.publishing.service.gov.uk... _the_UK.csv/preview
edit on 7-4-2020 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 06:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: bastion
It's a nice gesture but not of any help or practical use though as the drugs aren't approved for use by NICE and there's no trials showing they're effective so they can't be used on people in the UK.

Hopefully you are fully aware of just how ludicrous the rationale behind your comment is.

Treatments aren't allowed because they haven't been proven effective by extremely expensive, time consuming controlled studies?

That is the stupidest, most unreasonable basis I have ever heard of for deciding whether nor not any treatment can be used.

There is one question and one question only that any government regulatory agency should ever concern itself with...

Safety.

If something poses no risk of serious - life threatening - side effects, then it should be up to the individual, first and foremost, what treatment they get. Period. Their Doctor should only be there to assist them and maybe make recommendations, but that is all.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

NICE and MHRA are concerned with patient safety, hence the need for a drug to be proven effective. The trial process has been expedited for COVID-19 but still remains in place. www.gov.uk... Hydroxychloroquine may be effective in early stages but it has known side effects like breathing problems, brochospasm cardiac arythmia and heart failure which will likely put the patient at much higher risk when in the latter stages that Boris is in. www.drugs.com...

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 07:03 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

No because it' wrong and not how medicine is practised in the UK as shown in the links I provided. Off label prescription can only be done after efficacy has been shown in clinical trials and it's believed the benefits outweigh the risk. For better or worse h US has a much more lax approach to drug regulation.
edit on 7-4-2020 by bastion because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join