It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is Henry Kissinger Relevant?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
a reply to: 2ndTenor

Because Kissinger is a God among men in the racist, far rightwing, antisemitic segment of the American population.

Kissinger?
Right-wing ?
Really ?
You must not know much about the man.

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Drunkenparrot

originally posted by: DISRAELI
As a life-lomg student of history, I have his White House memoirs on my bookshelves. All three volumes.

Reading his commentary on events has convinced me that he had a firm grasp and understanding of the realities of "Realpolitik" and what was necessary to negotiate its pitfalls. In other words, people ask his opinion because he knows what he's talking about.

So sue me.

The more I have learned about Henry Kissinger and his role in the Nixon administration the more respect I have for the man.

Kissinger was arguably the most relevant statesMan of the 20th century.

I love the comments from the window lickers that have no clue about who Kissinger actually is and how relevant his political philosophies are to the world.

There is a reason global leaders still seek his opinion.

What ?
So much ignorance , and I don't have the time to deny all represented in that post.
So , for now.....

Denying ignorance .
Why ?
I do it my way...

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: 2ndTenor
Are you a Balcony Muppet?

How to subvert some brown and yellow people, to benefit the Euro-Centric Colonizers...? Many a Nation was superior to the West, yet we are the Girl Friday Since WW2...or WW1 for that matter when we put lines on Sovereign Nations and found it Good. Close up shop, and focus at home everyone. Trade for goods not produced Domestically, the science is here to fill the gap.

As a life-lomg student of history, I have his White House memoirs on my bookshelves. All three volumes.

Reading his commentary on events has convinced me that he had a firm grasp and understanding of the realities of "Realpolitik" and what was necessary to negotiate its pitfalls. In other words, people ask his opinion because he knows what he's talking about.

So sue me.

The more I have learned about Henry Kissinger and his role in the Nixon administration the more respect I have for the man.

I love the comments from the window lickers that have no clue about who Kissinger actually is and how relevant his political philosophies are to the world.

yawn.

Did you have a coherent point?

No more than you are a window licking mouth breather.

Do you have a relevant comment on Dr. Kissinger?

What is your opinion on how the political philosophy of Realpolitik applies to our current global issues?
edit on 6-4-2020 by Drunkenparrot because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-4-2020 by Drunkenparrot because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

So sue me.

What ?
So much ignorance , and I don't have the time to deny all represented in that post.
So , for now.....

Denying ignorance .
Why ?
I do it my way...

I don’t post here as often as you so I am more familiar with your intellect and mindset than you are with mine.

With that said I promise you I have forgotten more on this topic than you think you have learned in your entire life.

I don’t have any interest in educating you either so if you would like to debate a point please articulate your thoughts or I will just assume you are another Monkey flinging scat at anyone who gets within arms reach.

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

So sue me.

What ?
So , for now.....

Denying ignorance .
Why ?
I do it my way...

I don’t post here as often as you so I am more familiar with your intellect and mindset than you are with mine.

With that said I promise you I have forgotten more on this topic than you think you have learned in your entire life.

I don’t have any interest in educating you either so if you would like to debate a point please articulate your thoughts or I will just assume you are another Monkey flinging scat at anyone who gets within arms reach.

I am not the one who went all schoolyard with the "window licker" style of post .
And never have.
Take it back to the playground , 5th grader.

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Henry Kissmyass is all of that and more...I just wonder who gives him his marching orders...a reply to: JoseGarcia

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigbrooklyn
Henry Kissmyass is all of that and more...I just wonder who gives him his marching orders...a reply to: JoseGarcia

The UN
And always have.
Wonder no more.

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Every time I hear of this guy, adding to the National Dialogue...Why are you Relevant anymore? You are 100 years old, and your President was WAR happy. The voters can't get rid of you, why are you still influential 50 years after Nixon? Why don't you retire, and play Golf? You are out of touch with the needs of the many.

Relevance is a pop culture term promulgated to excuse some of the youths ignorance of history and disdain for the experience and wisdom of elders and anything old really.

As far as why Kissinger still has power and influence, for the same reason men like Donald Rumsfeld circulate around the government and positions of power. That is because it actually is pretty hard for the elite to find extremely competent footsoldiers and fixers, that can get their agenda done in any field and have no conscious or remorse in doing it.

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

You present revisionist history here. By blaming the Democrats you have it sounding like the Democrat Party was all for that war. Wrong.

The war began right after WWII by allowing the French to take back their colony, which of course the Vietnamese did not like so much. Then a long period of containment against the growing threat of communism called for the US to provide resources for the weak South Vietnam regime. This went on and on. Also this was not just the Democrats. It was mostly all of the Republicans in Congress as well that supported the containment of communism. Blaming the Democrats alone is revisionist.

And of course, Kennedy did up the involvement of ''advisers'' that had already been there under the Republican president Eisenhower. Kennedy was killed and Johnston took over.

And yes Johnston did really escalate that war but much of that was at the behest of the Republican Party that was all still very hawk oriented.

But if we are to recall those times correctly, it was the liberal people in this nation who wanted an end to that war. It was the liberals who took to the streets by the millions to protest it and put an end to it.

It was the Democrat Party that struggled to break the handcuffs of the past and elect a candidate who would end that war, not the Republicans.

It was liberals who chanted in the streets, LBJ has got to go, LBJ has got to go. And of course the only reason that Kennedy chose LBJ as his VP in the first place was that he was a Southern conservative who would help Kennedy with that portion of the electorate

And even as Nixon also promised to end the war during the election cycle, he did not in his first term. He won again and still did not end the war. He had as his advisers a complete assortment of war hawks and dramatically escalated the war.

So you insult that previous poster by claiming that they were not alive at the time and hence no expert. Well Shuylar, I was and in my prime during that war and I must say that your revisionist simplification is completely disingenuous.

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: JoseGarcia

Calling Kissinger a Marxist demonstrates a complete lack of knowledge about the anti-communism that drove his entire thought processes. The rest of our assesment of K, well, I will not argue with that at all.

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: EartOccupant

Oh yes. All those pics of K and the Missus. I suppose the juxtapostion there depends upon how we see them both. Do we assume her to be a liberal and posing for pictures with K and hence he was a liberal as well? Or do we see that he, being arch conservative makes her not the liberal you thought she was but more of a conservative.

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Then conservatives are wrong.

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 03:36 PM
link   

How long will you continue to press this invalid moniker. He was not Marxist. You may need to go back to whoever told you he was and set them straight.

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Because Kissinger is a God among men in the racist, far rightwing, antisemitic segment of the American population.

Kissinger and ilk leave the political divide to the plebs like you and me - when you're rubbin shoulders with the planets bloodlines, there is only one single agenda - globalism, a one world government and making sure that 99% work for the 1% whilst believing they are free.

Q: What is the difference between Kissinger & Soros?
A: Nothing.

The End.

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Pray tell, what has Kissinger done, to remove this nation from the problems of being an occupational Force. And a nation Hoodwinked into Globalism...Thought excersize*...

a reply to: olaru12

I am not a racist, antisemite nor far right wing and have tremendous respect for the man.

Then again, I lived through the times and have enough of an education to understand the effect his policies have had on the western world.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Bump Bump, surely there are more people with an opinion on this Methuselah...?

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Kissinger and ilk leave the political divide to the plebs like you and me - when you're rubbin shoulders with the planets bloodlines, there is only one single agenda - globalism, a one world government and making sure that 99% work for the 1% whilst believing they are free.

Q: What is the difference between Kissinger & Soros?
A: Nothing.

The End.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 04:09 PM
link   

He isnt relevant.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Someone made him relevant.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join