It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3.4 million travelers poured into US as coronavirus pandemic erupted

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Now we hate the Chinese....I remember when we used to hate the Mexicans....those were the good old days, eh?
aaah, but we will always hate the left

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Doctor Smith
If their was a travel ban? Who circumvented Trumps ban and is responsible for them getting into the country?

US citizens, in many cases.

Patient zero (the first confirmed case) in the US was a US Citizen returning to Washington state from visiting his family in China. He was entirely asymptomatic when he got on the airplane to come back and didn’t start having symptoms until a few days later.

Trump’s travel “ban” only prevented non-citizens from entering the US from China without first undergoing a 14 day waiting period in China.

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
It was the exceptions the Democrats put into the Immigration Laws dealing with direct and extended family members...

So they can use them for elections. Betray America and themselves for bribe profits from Foreign invaders . That's what it looks like to me.

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: 1947boomer

Trump’s travel “ban” only prevented non-citizens from entering the US from China without first undergoing a 14 day waiting period in China.

I don't think so. Do you have a source on that? Their was plenty of Americans waiting in quarantine. On those Cruise ships.

And what's your point? Biden and Pelosi would have had them flood in. Pelosi told them to come to China Town against Trumps orders! And I have a source.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
It was the exceptions the Democrats put into the Immigration Laws dealing with direct and extended family members...

So they can use them for elections. Betray America and themselves for bribe profits from Foreign invaders . That's what it looks like to me.

It is part of the takeover process.
The country falls , and then is handed over to the UN

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 01:31 PM
link   

I don't think so. Do you have a source on that? Their was plenty of Americans waiting in quarantine. On those Cruise ships.

And what's your point? Biden and Pelosi would have had them flood in. Pelosi told them to come to China Town against Trumps orders! And I have a source.

www.youtube.com...

You are doing the good work , and doing your due diligence to the ATS Motto
"Deny Ignorance".

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Here is a pointer to the White House proclamation that Trump issued on Jan. 31:

www.whitehouse.gov... avirus/

The relevant part is:

"The entry into the United States, as immigrants or nonimmigrants, of all aliens who were physically present within the People’s Republic of China, excluding the Special Administrative Regions of Hong Kong and Macau, during the 14-day period preceding their entry or attempted entry into the United States is hereby suspended..."

The proclamation did not prevent any US citizens or legal residents from returning although it did impose some quarantine restrictions on them.

The cruise ships did not in any way, shape, or form have anything to do with Trump's China travel ban. The Diamond Princess cruise ship was quarantined in Yokohama, Japan by Japanese authorities. The Grand Princess was quarantined off the coast of California directly by the CDC because there were known COVID-19 cases on board.

Nancy Pelosi did not invite foreign nationals to "flood in" in violation of Trump's travel restrictions. For one thing, that wouldn't even be possible. Entry into the country by anyone from a foreign port of debarkation is controlled by the Transportation Security Administration--part of Trump's Department of Homeland Security. A member of Congress has absolutely no power whatsoever to unilaterally do anything about that.

Nancy Pelosi's congressional district is basically the city and county of San Francisco. In that YouTube video she is talking to her constituents, basically telling them that if they are in San Francisco already, there is no reason they can't come to the Chinatown neighborhood if they want to. That speech was on Feb. 24, about 3 weeks before San Francisco issued its first stay-at-home order. Trump has never ordered anyone to not go to Chinatown. In fact, he's never issued stay-at-home guidance of any kind, for reasons that nobody can quite figure out.

My point is, you are just making stuff up.

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: olaru12

Are Italy and China Considered capitalist countries?

By any measurement... yes.

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 03:53 PM
link   

The arrival of people from China to U.S. states like New York and California has continued mainly thanks to exemptions in Trump’s travel ban which allow chain migrants — some relatives of American citizens — to still enter the country with minimal screenings at airports.

Travel data obtained by the Times reveal that about 279 flights from China have landed in the U.S. since the travel ban took effect on February 2. In the first half of January, before any temperature screenings were enacted, roughly 4,000 people landed in the U.S. from Wuhan, with 19 of those flights landing in New York or California.

In addition to his travel bans on China, Iran, and Europe, Trump has said he is considering a travel ban on Brazil where now more than 10,500 nationals have coronavirus and nearly 500 have already died. As Breitbart News reported, daily flights from Brazil’s largest airport, Sao Paulo Guarulhos International Airport, have continued into states like Florida, Texas, Georgia, and Massachusettes

Nearly 40,000 people have landed in the United States from China on almost 280 flights since President Donald Trump’s February 2 travel ban on mainland China, a collection of travel data reveals.

How did Pelosi's advice and assurance about safety work out for us? How many have to die before they remove her from office. She just carelessly gets in the way to counter Trump no matter what. How many must die before she is removed?

Pelosi: Virus fears shouldn't stop Chinatown trips

edit on 6-4-2020 by Doctor Smith because: corrected

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Are Italy and China Considered capitalist countries?

Italy absolutely. China, only for the few.

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

We trust them with supplying us with critical pharmaceuticals and medical equipment.

Funny how trump said bring home manufacturing jobs from China three years ago is looking more brilliant every day.

I like Trump's policy in that regard. He tried to do what he could on that front a few times, and a president only has so much pull on commerce.

Sorry but I totally disagree with your viewpoint on China. They could have prevented much of this suffering if they had been honest up front with how nasty this virus really is. Yes we could have been better prepared but that still doesn’t excuse their blatant disregard for human life.

We can't rely on nations we know to be untrustworthy and dictatorships to tell the truth. But even their intense spy state couldn't keep the truth concealed.

Our politicians knew for months before they acted (then they overreached)... So my question is this, are we going to hold our politicians to the same standard of China's government, or higher?

If we do the same level, they're as much to blame as China. If we do higher, they are the sole one to blame, because if we put our faith in China, that was F*k up number one.

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Nobody hates the Chinese people, they are amazing!

The CCP and the PLA and dear leader XI..not so much, they suck!!!!

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 07:42 PM
link   
good bye Rosie, the queen of Corona! Me and Julio down by the school yard

edit on 2020-04-03 by skybandit because: brainfart

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978

originally posted by: cognizant420
a reply to: Doctor Smith

Is it still racist to call it the Chinese flu. I think not!

Would you have felt it racist to call swine flu, U.S.A flu?

Did we take the swine infection and fly it to every corner of the Globe?

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978

originally posted by: cognizant420
a reply to: Doctor Smith

Is it still racist to call it the Chinese flu. I think not!

Would you have felt it racist to call swine flu, U.S.A flu?

Did we take the swine infection and fly it to every corner of the Globe?

Yes

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join