It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quarantine is an urban mountain-bikers dream!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I've been trying my hardest to make sure I get out on my mountain bike and get some fresh air, we're allowed to go out for fitness and we can be in groups no larger than 2.

I normally do a lot of mountain biking, well urban biking.. I do enjoy the hills and the rocky trails, but urban biking has always been my way of meditating.

I'm going to throw up some photos along the way.. I'm incredibly lucky to have ended up where I did in all this chaos and I'm trying to do my best each day to smile at everyone I see.. It's mostly the elderly I see out to be honest.. every day.. walking, sitting on a bench...

The next demographic I see the most of are young, tattooed up, shirt off, dodgy looking folks zooming around on mountain bikes or sitting in groups...

So if you want to come for a ride now and then, checkout some photos!

As I took this picture I texted some friends, ''you boys should grab a beer at ya favourite local, you probably wont be able to for a while''
This was March 22nd... that night it was announced all bars would shut the next day at lunch

I've go a bike track thats around 40kms return (24miles) and it passes some of the most stunning beaches in the world with a sun that always sets over it.

On this day I found a fish and chips shop thats open still... not many people around but

found a dog sunning himself and asked him to take a picture for me

always end the ride with basketball

we've got cruise ships floating off the coast, some have confirmed convid19, some dont..
we're in a pickle with what to do..

Had to go to work today, cities a ghost town
some shelves still empty

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 08:07 AM
link   
thanks for taking us riding with ya....

the people......oh dang idk it was that sparse

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 08:08 AM
link   
That is awesome. Same here...country roads are empty so I dont have to worry about drunks coming round the bend.

I REALLY wish I had the race car here. Damn roads are empty so one could do some topend runs and not have any obstacles to worry about.

Plus, i have offset my carbon footprint til I die. 😅😂🤣

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Looks great. Have fun.

Stay safe and please don't have an accident while out riding and perhaps stay away from those ships.

Thanks for sharing the photos, I love the panoramas.

And that beer sure looks good.

enjoy.

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Excellent!

I am doing a lot of outdoor activities I haven't done in years thanks to the fearful weasels who don't leave home.

Perhaps the meek won't inherit the earth after all

edit on 6-4-2020 by DietWoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Any crabs running down your way, worth a scooping weekend?

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Looks like a wonderful time

Wish I was at the beach with my Coin Master

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Road biking to!
I love it. The streets are empty and it safe to ride.
If it never goes back to the way it was, I would be in heaven.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 11:18 PM
link   
found some dolphins and a dog playing at the beach

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 12:37 AM
link   
found some more dolphins terrorizing fish

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 12:43 AM
link   

All of those pics are incredible!!!

We can still ride here in Colorado but I go suburban trails (may be different than what most people consider urban) and so its mostly pine trees and scrub. Maybe a rattler if you get lucky. That just look so fun!

top topics

join