It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "virus" in the US has taught us to fear and distrust, government, politicians, media, each other

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Good thing you are finished here,between your
posts and the op changing her avatar to Obamination,
I almost threw up my breakfast.

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Like everything else in life, this emergency is holding up a mirror and showing each of us who we really are. Not everyone likes what they see. Very little of it can be generalized to everyone else.

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 08:09 AM
link   
originally posted by: mamabeth

THAT is NOT my avatar. Someone hijacked my avatar. I have tried and tried to change it. I did not put that in!

My avatar is an older nice looking woman.

I hate it!!! I can't get rid of it, I have tried over and over and over.

All my attempts have failed.

edit on 4/6/20 by The2Billies because: THE MODS FIXED IT MUCH THANKS FOR THE ASSISTANCE

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Sorry Silly,but the Chinese have been lying through their
teeth about the virus and their death toll.

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Edit: problem solved.
edit on 6-4-2020 by 0zzymand0s because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Again,sorry Silly but Obama isn't the president
anymore!

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 08:16 AM
link   

edit on 4/6/20 by The2Billies because: AVATAR PROBLEM FIXED BY ATS - MUCH THANKS deleted now irrelevant post

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Silly,we promise to wake you up when our side wins.
You can go back to sleep until then.

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: peter_kandra

The rumors I have heard say that the WHO was
working with the Chinese to cover up the real
numbers and cause of the virus.

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Edit: problem solved.
edit on 6-4-2020 by 0zzymand0s because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 08:20 AM
link   
" The "virus" in the US has taught us to fear and distrust, government, politicians, media, each other "

I started doing that about 30 years ago.

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: The2Billies

Sorry,I didn't know that someone can hijack your avatar here.
I'll help you out as soon as I can.

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 08:26 AM
link   

edit on 4/6/20 by The2Billies because: Mods fixed issue, post deleted by me

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 08:27 AM
link   

edit on 4/6/20 by The2Billies because: Mods, if you want to delete this avatar stuff now that it is fixed, as off topic, I'm cool with that.

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Yea but what if you're wrong and nobody did social distancing and the u.s. got much worse?

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
" The "virus" in the US has taught us to fear and distrust, government, politicians, media, each other "

I started doing that about 30 years ago.

I returned after 11 years from an overseas assignment back in 2015. Didn't recognize the America I had left (and, I realize it has been changing for the worse, since at least when Nixon got his ass kicked to the curb ... something to be said about how smart Hammurabi must have been).

First thing I did was immediately stop trusting ANYONE except my wife and my dog. New neighbor moved in across the street from me. We've exchanged first names, and I doubt there will ever be another word of dialogue between us. It _is_ the new norm. Any new friends I make will be made on the rifle range. The value of 'other people' is rapidly reaching zero.

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Man, I haven't trusted the government since the Nixon days and as for the news media, it started going downhill when Cronkite retired. Definitely when CNN was sold to Time Warner

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12

Yea but what if you're wrong and nobody did social distancing and the u.s. got much worse?

I'm not blaming anyone about social distancing.

I am blaming the virus and what it has done to the nation.

I am all for self-isolation suggestions, and requesting the nation self-isolate as much as possible, even social distance as much as possible, a REQUEST for the nation.

Those who choose not to self-isolate, take their chances at getting the virus and giving it to loved ones.

We all must be exposed eventually. There won't be a vaccine for close to 2 years because of the process.

We can't keep this up until there is a vaccine, it will destroy the nation and the psyche and will of the people.

I understand that enforced isolation will slow the spread and keep hospitals from being overwhelmed.

But unless we are willing to keep this up for 18 months to 2 years, which we can not. We must accept that everyone who chooses not to self-isolate will be exposed and risk the ultimate penalty, death for themselves or their loved ones.

I pray every day for a cure to be found, one that can be out quicker than the 18 months for a vaccine.

But if we keep this up the entire country will be in ruins, lives in ruins, and a thoroughly depressed and psyche damaged (from long term isolation) citizenry who are entrenched in "me first" and "hoarding for themselves" that it might take a generation or so to recover.

Suggesting self-isolation, social distancing, even actually requiring masks in public those I am ok with. But keeping up the lockdown much more than another week or two will utterly destroy the economy and destroy any cohesiveness between people as they will be so conditioned to fear and distrust even the best among us.

We will become economically dependent upon a government almost none of us trusts or even likes a little, because we have already be conditioned to so deeply hate/fear/loathe the "other party" the past 12 years or so.

edit on 4/6/20 by The2Billies because: addition formatting

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
Now we are hearing that trump knew about this virus as early as January 3rd. And did nothing.
The Chinese announced a cluster of the virus in December.
They didn't hide it like so many have claimed.

Now that ________ is saying that hospitals are thrilled with his response and that they have all the supplies they need. Why lie about that?
I guess he doesn't think his base is also dying.

And if we would have elected a Democrat we would have been listening to Nancy Pelosi in early March that everything was fine so go to China Town.

My god this is the dumbest argument ever.

Trump reacts quicker than 95% of the planet, and gets railed by left wing media and left wing politicians and you on the left still blame Trump.

And you wonder why we say you suffer from TDS and don’t take anything you say seriously.

Wasn’t he supposed to be impeached and his son thrown in jail. How many times do you have to be wrong before you wake up to reality?
edit on 6-4-2020 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 09:42 AM
link   

When all along it should have "taught us" to fear the fragility of our existence and supposed importance of wealth.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join