It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was the Fed Just Nationalized?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

it was clear to myself.....the Federal Reserve has been 'nationalized' since the Housing-Bubble-Burst & Wall Street/Central Banks in USA& EU were all bailed out to the tune of $29 Trillion

this Pandemic/Pestilence is estimated at $36 Trillion

But

the start of UBI universal-basic-income has begun in earnest with the swiftly passed $1,200 checks being doled out because of the Economy getting Shut-Down by Government by citing the CV pandemic and forced closures of all business not considered 'Essential'

$1,200 instead of the $1,500 that the SSI pays out on Average in social security monthly benefits--- why ?
(keep the peons/serfs dirt poor ?)

the fiat money reset is next, either Digital, crypto, precious metals will need to be pressed into Service for the 'payrolls' that people need to earn outside of the UBI monthly checks as a untaxable underground economy grows into a powerful, non-governmental source of necessary income stream beyond the government UBI paydays ($300 wk)

UBI will keep theFed & the Wall Street banksters flush and the Ponzi derivatives/synthetic monies markets limping along for another decade (my guess) with fancy $$shifting & FRNs together with USTreasury Coinage...to act as the Rising Tide for the commerce & consumerism which drives the GDP

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

The global warming bunch they’ve been trying to take over the economy with that BS for two decades .

I’m quite comfortable with bailing big banks out to prevent those yahoos from screwing it up more ..

What does that have to do with anything?

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

The global warming crowd wants to remove us from fossil fuel‘s and change the entire global economy .

I’m sure they will be just as happy to get their foot in the door this way. Because their only goal is taking over the global economy . They don’t give two #s about global warming .

Would you rather bail out the banks or have Rhodes scholars like AOC make a power grab and screw everything up worse ?

I’m not going to debate the Democrats intentions I just gave you a plausible scenario .

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 11:25 AM
link   

OK.

But they're not in power, nor will they be anytime soon.

So I'm just not seeing how using a group who has no chance to power for years to come is relevant to what those in power now are doing.

This is how we are able to screw the pooch so often. "our guy" does something under the justification "at least ______" isn't in power.

That's lame. Let's start demanding all of our employees make decisions in our best interest instead of being selectively critical.

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 11:46 AM
link   
How do you buy something back when you're trillions of dollars in debt.

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 12:02 PM
link   

that’s lame

If economy implodes because big banks are bad and I have a personal dislike for them as in your narrative .

The free stuff platform of the democratic party’s gonna look pretty damn good . You would have any idea who’s going to be in charge if we follow your plan .

The system we have now isn’t a perfect system. But it’s one at work for a couple hundred years. Stability is what would help us through a possible economic destabilization .

Now is not the time to grind axes.

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: hombero
How do you buy something back when you're trillions of dollars in debt.

Wow 😮

I was talking about the banks and investors buying securities back .

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

If businesses follow the requirements it's a grant, doesn't need to be paid back. It's not a loan.

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 12:23 PM
link   

I think you're getting the impression I like democrats or see them as a viable alternative. That's not the case.

Now is exactly the time to be critical. America always makes its worse decisions out of fear. We're making some colossal mistakes right now.

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
a reply to: FyreByrd

Did Congress just nationalize the Fed? No. But

clickbait idiocy at its " finest "

Usually in pretty critical of click bait type headlines.

In this case though, a lot of what's happening with the fed is severely unreported or under played when it is.

There are different ways to word what's going on right now, but either way, it's unprecedented and extreme.

Agree...we need to talk about all the doors being cracked open before they are thrown wide open and taken off the hinges.

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

For god's sake, for our children's very lives, Mr. President, declare the FED a direct threat to national security and burn it to the ground!!!

Our current economic system is the reason trump has so much money.
He will never change that.

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I don't think the FED has been nationalized, they have been given free reign for infinite quantitative easing, printing endless amounts of money and buy anything and everything they want. Far from being controlled it seems they have been unchained.
And even though the senate removed the digital dollar wallet in the stimulus bill, they almost just sold everyone's account and last dollar into the FEDs hands and control.

I could be wrong, but to me it seems less like the FED got nationalized and more like the nation got FEDralized.

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 04:30 PM
link   

I think you're getting the impression I like democrats or see them as a viable alternative. That's not the case.

Now is exactly the time to be critical. America always makes its worse decisions out of fear. We're making some colossal mistakes right now.

We’ve been through the you may think I’m a Democrat thing a couple times I know you’re not

The only impression I got is that you hate big banks and big businesses . It wasn’t a impression either you made it clear .
You don’t think they should be bailed out .

Monkeying with the norm is not gonna help the situation any. In fact it could make it catastrophically worse why risk it ?

Now’s not the right time to implement your feelings .

Let’s get through this mess then we can talk about big banks and bail outs .

I can’t make my position much clearer than that last sentence .

edit on 6-4-2020 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown
Won’t the majority of that be sold back once the economy straightens out .

Hell I wouldn’t be surprised if Trump turned a profit . (Jk)

The feds did turn a profit through some of their actions in 08'.

Is that possible now? Sure.

Does that outweigh the ramifications of keeping "too big to fail" companies addicted to federal money every time they get caught with their pants down? I don't think so.

What happens when we have another inevitable raging bull market that leads to a crash in 10-15 years? We raise the bar on assistance? What happens when we keep raising the bar and it finally goes bust? The taxpayer is left with the burden, as usual.

I'd recommend reading the article in it's entirety. There is a lot packed into it.

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3
Through the Small Busines Administration forgivable loans are available to businesses with less than 500 employees. The loan is caped at 2.5 times the average monthly payroll in 2019. The money must be used for payroll, rent,and utilities of your business. Corporations and sole proprietorships can qualify. If you spend the money for anything else you have to pay it back.

I have high hopes that my company will qualify. We have closed for two weeks at the request of our governor. If the lockdown is extended and the SBA is refused, I will have no choice but to commit to a massive layoff.

So you see the evil corporations aren’t stealing all of the money.

350 Billion from a 2.2 Trillion bailout package - it was all that could be gotten for small businesses and will not be anywhere near enough to keep them afloat.

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 04:52 PM
link   
My opinion....

This feels like a "Going Out of Business Sale" where you squeeze the last bit of revenue out of a business and run....

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown

The global warming crowd wants to remove us from fossil fuel‘s and change the entire global economy .

And that would be a bad thing?

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 04:57 PM
link   

The only impression I got is that you hate big banks and big businesses . It wasn’t a impression either you made it clear . You don’t think they should be bailed out .

I don't hate big business, I dislike big business addicted to an artificial environment, one which is the only way to ensure their survival.

Monkeying with the norm is not gonna help the situation any. In fact it could make it catastrophically worse why risk it ?

Here we agree, but I believe that's what we're doing now. Throwing immense amounts of money everywhere in an attempt to make sure those in need are addressed.

Now’s not the right time to implement your feelings . Let’s get through this mess then we can talk about big banks and bail outs .

I think everyone including my feelings are that I don't like any of this. It sucks. People are going to get sick, some will die, and no matter what we do, our economy is going to take a hit. I don't like that, it's clearly horrible... What I'm trying to do is say we should talk about all this instead of writing blank checks while proclaiming we're doing something.

Now is exactly the time to talk about all this, if we wait like many suggest after we've "dealt with it", it's too late.

In fact, it's already too late.

This is not a free market, that's gone. To "sustain" it, we're incentivizing the very things that puts it in more jeopardy. We have a debt problem, and instead of trying to address it, we're creating that problem bigger on a government level and an individual one.

I don't think I'm operating on feelings.

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I hate these endless discussions with you . Lol

Here we agree, but I believe that's what we're doing now. Throwing immense amounts of money everywhere in an attempt to make sure those in need are addressed.

That is the norm .

Why take chances on preconceived notion’s when 7 billion people are at risk ?

Do it the way we’ve done it and fix it later .

How about we call it one last time .

BTW

I don’t think my opinions are pretty lame .
edit on 6-4-2020 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 06:50 PM
link   

That last reply might’ve come out wrong .

It’s 50-50 between us on the endless discussions . We could talk for 50 pages and at the conclusion of our discussion neither of our opinions are going to change . 👍

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join