It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Courthouse Shooter Brian Nichols is in Custody

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Brian Nichols, the man who opened fire in the Atlanta Superior Courthouse on Friday, has been captured in Georgia after a brief standoff with officials. He was found in a suburban Atlanta apartment with a female hostage. Among many other charges, Nichols faces at least three counts of murder in the deaths of a judge, a court reporter, and a deputy. He is also the prime suspect in the murder of a US Customs agent found shot dead Saturday.

www.11alive.com

At approximately 9:50 a.m. Saturday, Gwinnett County police received a 9-1-1 call from the woman saying courthouse shooting suspect Brian Nichols was in her apartment. It was not clear how the woman was able to get free in order to make the call from the apartment leasing office.

Police, including a SWAT team and a large presence of about 30 officers, went to the Bridgewater Apartments and locked down the complex. It was at that point, Nichols -- who had been watching TV and knew he was surrounded -- decided to surrender to police at 11:24 a.m.

“He literally waved a white flag or a T-shirt and came out and surrendered to our folks. The excellent thing was that we had sufficient force there. There was no alternative to him,” said Chief Walters.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This is great news. I am glad he did not put up a fight and no one was hurt. People are now cheering the Officers as they wisk Nichols off to jail where he belongs.

[edit on 12-3-2005 by Banshee]

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 10:35 AM
link   
This is indeed good news. Maybe they should put him in a cell with a rope!

Maybe he'll go ahead and do what he's already done to himself.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Channel 11 news is reporting

The agents blue pickup truck was found at the Bridgewater Apartments.

This is the very same complex where Nichols was taken into custody, so it would appear there is a link to the shooting of the US customs agent.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Did anybody notice the women that was in the news next to him?

She was taller than him and the men around her, I think she was FBI.

I think it was for damage control, after all he over took a women before.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 12:13 PM
link   
They are now moving Nichols from the first FBI facility to downtown Atlanta.
All roads have been blocked, they have him in full boby armor.

In other words they are taking no chances. By the looks of it one would think the president was in town. One can only assume they do not want something like a Jack Ruby shooting in this case.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

She was taller than him and the men around her, I think she was FBI.

I think it was for damage control, after all he over took a women before.

Well at least this agent was not 50 years old like the female sheriff.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 12:30 PM
link   
woo, this is highly comforting news.
Thank God.

and thanks for reporting this shots.
I feel much safer considering I live within a 24 hour driving distance of Atlanta.
- Tass

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Very happy to see that he was caught before anyone else was injured. It will be interesting to see how safety measures will be curved to prevent something like this from happening again. Seems as though some tpe of panic button should be available or something to notify other officers in or around the building that something major has happened. The security guard at the base of the stairs had no idea what was happening until a bullet was lodged in him.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 01:39 PM
link   
It's too bad he didn't put up a fight. Justice would have been better served if an officer of the law had put a bullet between his eyes. Now, he'll just continue to waste valuable natural resources, while every bleeding heart liberal comes out of the woodwork to offer excuses for his behavior and clamor to save him from execution.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Sigh of relief! I’m so glad they got this monster of a man, And im happy that no more have been killed or injured in the capture of him.

So what’s the penalty in Atlanta? Is there the death sentence?

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
It's too bad he didn't put up a fight. Justice would have been better served if an officer of the law had put a bullet between his eyes. Now, he'll just continue to waste valuable natural resources, while every bleeding heart liberal comes out of the woodwork to offer excuses for his behavior and clamor to save him from execution.

Heh, he may spend years in prison, but they won't be pleasant.

Only thing lower in prison than a cop killer is a pedophile. The other criminals are gonna give this guy a very hard time.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Grady, this is a first. I agree wholeheartedly with you. I wish he HAD resisted arrest.

DE

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Georgia has the death penalty.

www.deathpenaltyinfo.org...

I can just see Susan Sarandon getting into character now.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by asala
So what’s the penalty in Atlanta? Is there the death sentence?

Oh he'll get the chair.

Murdering government agents (judge, deputy, plus likely a Cusoms agent) is a capital offense and basically gives him a direct ride to death row.

www.courttv.com...

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Yeah a direct ride over the next 10 years.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Now, he'll just continue to waste valuable natural resources, while every bleeding heart liberal comes out of the woodwork to offer excuses for his behavior and clamor to save him from execution.

Wow, since when is the Democratic prerogative to ban the death penalty. Sounds like another idiotic comment to encourage the already widening political divide. Ignorance denied.

new topics

top topics

join