It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Cure" Is Worse Than The Disease

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

My God... it's actually happened, the retards have now come out of the shadows to openly assail those who believe in inalienable Rights.

I've assailed you, have I?
I've called you names, have I?

Ad homs are a very impressive mode of argument.
edit on 4/6/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Retard: to delay or hold back in terms of development or progress.

You're supporting the retarding of nearly 250 years of development a progress in a nation built on Freedom, liberty, and individual Rights. If that insults you, then dont fit the description.

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Sure. That's what you meant.

Thanks for the clarification.

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Having to go back and clarify yourself after your words are clear shows you have an inferiority complex. No need to over explain your position as it is clearly established you do not understand the context of the original post.

You do not understand that a vaccine is not going to save you. Assuming one will ever be developed. Instead you choose to live in unjustified and unsubstantiated fear. This virus is here to stay.

Remain one of the fearful huddled with your guaranteed government check each month and let those of us who know how to live our lives without oversight do what we do best which is come up with solutions. Case in point the one I proffer in my original post.

It is the only solution that is going to work.

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: Phage

We will ALWAYS be able to cite that as a bullsnip claim you make which you will quickly throw aside when faced with challenges.
Yes, yes you will.
Isn't that awesome.

Of course, the converse can be said as well.

My God... it's actually happened, the retards have now come out of the shadows to openly assail those who believe in inalienable Rights.

You absolutely nailed that one on the head. I have taken note of the people I have known for years who have claimed to be a free and independent thinker and have seen their true obedient sniveling colors.

Part of me is thankful for this great false fear campaign as it has exposed so many sheep among those who I once associated with but will no more.

I hate sheep.

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Case74282

For the record. I have a job and my AGI last year was over the limit for the free money.

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Retard: to delay or hold back in terms of development or progress.

You're supporting the retarding of nearly 250 years of development a progress in a nation built on Freedom, liberty, and individual Rights. If that insults you, then dont fit the description.

LOL.

Really, how does what you said in this post make sense with where you said "the retards have now come out of the shadows"

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

Let's be honest, the ideology that has always worked against the Constitution has spent most of the past decades hiding in the shadows. They have spread false narratives while doing so, including false narratives of political ideologues. The Conservatives have fought for the unquestioned primacy of those Rights while the so-called progressives have fought for the destruction of those individual Rights in the name of collectivism. FDR did it using the crisis of the Great Depression, LBJ did it using the crisis of Soviet influence, Bush did it using the crisis of terrorism, and now, beyond a single political office, the collectivists are using the crisis of a pandemic to rally their troops to demand the individual Rights cited in the Constitution be weakened from inalienable to totally optional as long as the tyranny of the majority calls for them to be put aside in the name of collectivist nonsense.

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 10:48 PM
link   

I've read your op and all of your follow on. I am wondering what your solution is to all you believe is coming about.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 02:32 AM
link   

If it ran its course it would be the death of hundreds of millions. Not thousands.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 03:39 AM
link   
a reply to: vance

I've already answered that question multiple times, some dont like the answer.
1. The Constitution remains fully respected, Rights intact, free choice and personal responsibility honored.
2. Quarantine ONLY those the codified law permits to be quarantined... anyone who has tested positive and anyone entering a jurisdiction from somewhere with high infection rates.

Anything beyond the above is Unconstitutional and requires a declaration of Martial Law (the ONLY way suspension of Rights, partial or otherwise, is legal in the US). That declaration also would place these actions under strict oversight and require court input, both of which are absent in the current extrajudicial, Unconstitutional garbage we are seeing.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Well that's not happening. Hence my further question. Being it's not, what do we do now. I've noticed the Fed was careful to allow Governor discretion.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: ApCadmus

If it ran its course it would be the death of hundreds of millions. Not thousands.

No matter how much mental gymnastics math you attempt you could never arrive at a figure of hundreds of millions. Especially when 98.4% of the people in the US who are being tested for CV are coming up negative. Meaning they are sick and some are very sick...just not with CV.

So there's that.

And to add that the majority of the people who have died from CV have died due to prior existing health issues and age as corresponding factors.

The reality the dooms day sheep don't want to admit is the vast majority of generally healthy people who contract this virus are going to be just fine.

That, too, is a fact.
edit on 7-4-2020 by Case74282 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 01:10 PM
link   

7.5 billion people on Earth. Let's say all contract covid19.

Italy currently has a 40% mortality rate of the closed cases.
www.worldometers.info...
US has a 36% mortality rate of closed cases as of time I'm writing this.
Some countries are doing better, but these are an example of an impacted health system.

Even more people would die if hospitals became impacted e.g. if there was suddenly millions of cases and people could not get the treatment they needed.

36-40% of 7.5 billion is more than a few hundred thousand.

Right now China's falsified stats are deflating the actual death rate on closed cases. They put they had 80k+ recoveries and only 3k deaths at first. Everyone know that's nonsense and their death toll was at least over 100k. But when you remove China from the equation completely, then the death rate outside of China is currently 31%.

I understand people don't want the economy to suffer, but to let it spread like wildfire is committing murder on a scale surpassing all the deaths in every war we ever had in our human history combined x 10.
edit on 7-4-2020 by ApCadmus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: vance

In this case, it's time to throw caution to the wind. Those who want to stay isolated, stay home.... those who want business as normal, reopen your business. Freedom has risks and rewards, let it ring.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: ApCadmus

Your numbers using "closed cases" severely skew reality.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Case74282
The "cure" from the global shut down is going to prove to be so much worse than had the actual virus just run its natural course as all viruses do. Some of you may think I am advocating for the death of hundreds of thousands and I can assure you I am not. However, I do advocate that we should not continue the global shut down and shuttering of business world wide.

We should return to work and continue to use the same safety precautions whenever possible. If you are sick (with any sickness) then you simply do not go into work. If you have a cough (but are no longer sick) then you wear a mask. We continue the self maintenance with hand washing, ongoing disinfection of common areas, etc. Basically, the stuff we all know we should be doing.

And, yes, there will be people who get sick from this and other viruses and yes I understand that some people are going to unfortunately die. But the world will continue to revolve and industry and economies will continue to operate which is what is desperately needed.

The alternative is to continue this ridiculous shut down policy which will 100% insure there will be no economy and no society to return to once this peak passes. Because guess what? This virus will renew in the fall when temperatures drop and when viruses tend to stay around longer and we will go through yet another massive wave of spread. It happens with all viruses and this one will be no different.

H1N1 is still the predominant viral strain circulating the globe and has been doing so since 2009. Why does everyone not realize that Covid-19 is here to stay and will be here for many, many, years from now? It MUST be allowed to integrate naturally into our eco system or we will all literally perish as a result of not allowing it to.

People will no longer have any means necessary in which to provide for food, home, etc. If people adopt the flight mentality versus the fight mentality then we are done folks.

The sooner we allow this virus to integrate into the masses the sooner antibodies can be built up in our immune systems and the sooner this virus will began to have its curve flattened over a long enough period of time. Those who get sick and recover can donate their plasma to those who have not yet contracted the disease and that will help them build antibodies. This will help make us healthier as a global population. It is the only thing that is going to work. Vaccines take years to develop. Whatever we can try we need to try but I know this "shelter in place" mentality is the wrong way to go about it. This virus is not going away.

We do not have years to wait huddled inside.

Interesting opinion piece. Do you have your degree in economics or virology?

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: ApCadmus

US has a 36% mortality rate of closed cases as of time I'm writing this.

Oh man are you intentionally being a stupid person or simply showing us all the purest definition of confirmation bias?

Your oracle CNN published this today: www.cnn.com...

Maybe you should call them and give them your "math". Lulz man...

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: DoubleDNH

originally posted by: Case74282
The "cure" from the global shut down is going to prove to be so much worse than had the actual virus just run its natural course as all viruses do. Some of you may think I am advocating for the death of hundreds of thousands and I can assure you I am not. However, I do advocate that we should not continue the global shut down and shuttering of business world wide.

We should return to work and continue to use the same safety precautions whenever possible. If you are sick (with any sickness) then you simply do not go into work. If you have a cough (but are no longer sick) then you wear a mask. We continue the self maintenance with hand washing, ongoing disinfection of common areas, etc. Basically, the stuff we all know we should be doing.

And, yes, there will be people who get sick from this and other viruses and yes I understand that some people are going to unfortunately die. But the world will continue to revolve and industry and economies will continue to operate which is what is desperately needed.

The alternative is to continue this ridiculous shut down policy which will 100% insure there will be no economy and no society to return to once this peak passes. Because guess what? This virus will renew in the fall when temperatures drop and when viruses tend to stay around longer and we will go through yet another massive wave of spread. It happens with all viruses and this one will be no different.

H1N1 is still the predominant viral strain circulating the globe and has been doing so since 2009. Why does everyone not realize that Covid-19 is here to stay and will be here for many, many, years from now? It MUST be allowed to integrate naturally into our eco system or we will all literally perish as a result of not allowing it to.

People will no longer have any means necessary in which to provide for food, home, etc. If people adopt the flight mentality versus the fight mentality then we are done folks.

The sooner we allow this virus to integrate into the masses the sooner antibodies can be built up in our immune systems and the sooner this virus will began to have its curve flattened over a long enough period of time. Those who get sick and recover can donate their plasma to those who have not yet contracted the disease and that will help them build antibodies. This will help make us healthier as a global population. It is the only thing that is going to work. Vaccines take years to develop. Whatever we can try we need to try but I know this "shelter in place" mentality is the wrong way to go about it. This virus is not going away.

We do not have years to wait huddled inside.

Interesting opinion piece. Do you have your degree in economics or virology?

Sure, I'll play along with your lopsided logic. Unless one holds a degree in a particular subject their opinion is moot? Then by that logic everyone who graduates with a PHD should be head of NASA or immediately replace the people in positions with lesser degrees right? Because a degree is the governing validation how exactly? Experience accounts for nothing right?

Ironically, my opinion piece was derived from economists and virologists who've made similar assertions independent of each other. You can perform your own due diligence or continue to preach from your cave in virtue hill.

But you must first produce a degree in virtue signaling before we take your opinion into consideration. Lulz...

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Give me freedom - or death!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join