It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Cure" Is Worse Than The Disease

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

Chins

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: nerbot

Chins

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Apparently, in some places, it does/might soon.

Isn't that special?

What people are forgetting, is that there's going to be an after. What's going to be left of our Republic at this rate, I wonder?

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

. . . a lady asked Dr. Franklin “Well Doctor what have we got, a republic or a monarchy.”

Franklin replied, “A republic . . . if you can keep it.”

(The rest of the quote)

244 years later, Ebay posting "A Republic" for sale. 5 rolls of toilet paper OBO.

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Oh for sure it has, but then that's no longer an "ask."

There will be an after and some of us will be able to keep our heads held high in that after while many will not, lest they risk making eye contact with those of us who will be looking to make every minute of their lives moving forward a living, breathing HELL of reminding them of what they readily accepted and embraced. Pay back is a bitch, but having your nose rubbed in the mess is even worse, ya?

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Yes.

And you will always be able to say you are right and that the mitigation measures were completely unnecessary and that doing nothing would have been best.

How comforting for you.

edit on 4/6/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

That quote from Franklin has never been so important, or so prophetic.

Maybe I'm wrong, I sure as heck hope, and pray, that I am wrong. That's a helpin' of crow I won't mind chockin' down, frankly.

I'm tired of being told to be afraid. Why? What good is that going to do?

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 05:32 PM
link   

I wouldn't be able to help myself.

As I said above, I hope and pray that the Republic is strong enough to withstand this assault of fearmongering, and the related idiocies being revealed.

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 05:34 PM
link   

What people are forgetting, is that there's going to be an after. What's going to be left of our Republic at this rate, I wonder?

Read "9 meals to Anarchy"

desperate people do desperate things

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Case74282

I could not agree more with the OP. They are trying to 'stop" "control" and "contain" something and it's just not possible. A lockdown of 1 year will not get rid of this. A vaccine will not get rid of this, in fact a vaccine, if it works, will DELAY the herd immunity that needs to take place, because large numbers of people will be temporarily protected, NOT get the disease, but still be open to it at a later time with no immunity to it, unlike people who have been exposed. One might think that's a good way to go, and that's understandable, but it means the virus will never go away and that high death rates from many who have never had it, will continue. Whereas if it passes through the population, even if and when it mutates, it will lose virulence.

Whatever the view on vaccines, they have done a LOT of damage attempting a method which is not going to work and is only making the world's state much worse.

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 06:04 PM
link   
If you turn off the news and go through the day as you did before covid-19, you'd be very pleased with shorter lines to wait for things, lower prices at the gas station, much less traffic, less noise.

I might move to a little town in another state after this is over.

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Yes.

And you will always be able to say you are right and that the mitigation measures were completely unnecessary and that doing nothing would have been best.

How comforting for you.

No one ever said doing nothing was best. And as far as your use of the words "mitigation measures" I am assuming you mean the very same measures we first learned about in grade school and the very ones that are suggested people exercise every single flu season right? Those mitigation measures? There is nothing new there.

This plandemic has all the sheep fooled. While the herd of sheep allow themselves to be voluntarily locked into their own homes there are those of us who are more than capable of making decisions on our behalf that take into account our personal safety and the safety of the sheep. We can still continue to function in a daily working society with added safety measures versus the outright shut down that will send the majority of the planet into financial ruin.

I'm going to guess you are either partially or fully disabled and have a monthly check that is guaranteed for if you were someone who actually held a job where your rents, food, etc. were dependent upon your need to work you would have a different view point. Or perhaps you have a compromised immune system in which case you should be concerned at all times of the year and not just during the mockingbird media fear hyped event unfolding before our eyes.

The ramifications of this over hyped fear campaign are going to ripple across the globe for more than a decade. And the vast majority of people across the planet will never financially recover from this and will find themselves more in debt and working long after traditional retirement ages.

This "cure" is most definitely much worse than the disease. The economies of the planet need to be reengaged immediately before it is too late. But you keep cashing your monthly checks and preaching to the rest of the populace from virtue hill there man.

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Those mitigation measures?
I'm talking about the mitigation measures which are being taken in the vast majority of states.

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Those mitigation measures?
I'm talking about the mitigation measures which are being taken in the vast majority of states.

Like I previously said...you mean the mitigation measures we learned about in grade school and are suggested to use each and every flu season? Those mitigation measures that have been around since time began. You're saying you are incapable of being responsible enough to manage yourself to not go out in public when you have a fever or are contagious and you need the federal and state governments to tell you what to do?

You are incapable of managing your own affairs?

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Like I previously said...you mean the mitigation measures we learned about in grade school and are suggested to use each and every flu season?
No. There is a certain level of natural immunity to influenza. There is no such immunity to COVID19. Those measures are insufficient for a completely new disease, one for which no one has any level of immunity. There are also influenza vaccines, not so for COVID19.

But don't worry, you will be able to continue to claim that such measures would have been adequate.

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Like I previously said...you mean the mitigation measures we learned about in grade school and are suggested to use each and every flu season?
No. There is a certain level of natural immunity to influenza. There is no such immunity to COVID19. Those measures are insufficient for a completely new disease, one for which no one has an level of immunity.

But don't worry, you will be able to continue to claim they would have been.

There is no immunity to the flu. One can only build up antibodies from a previous flu infection that helps them to fight off the next one and even then it is not always successful because of how often the flu strains mutate on a frequent basis.

And you have no idea if there is any level of protection against Covid-19. There are tests being developed to see if people have already been sick and recovered from Covid-19 because there is a belief it has already come through the US many, many months ago and well before it was even being tracked in the US.

I've written about it in other posts where I am certain I have already had it based upon all the identical symptoms I experienced. Once a test is developed and it shows I've had it I will donate my plasma to those who have not been infected yet so they can build up antibodies in their immune system.

If you think locking yourself away in your guaranteed monthly check cave is the answer to fighting a virus that will never go away then you are beyond redemption.

If you do think this way are you saying IF a vaccine is developed you are going to willfully inject yourself with that vaccine in the off chance you come into contact with it? Which would be an ironic contradiction because why would you do this if you willfully allow yourself to be locked down which ensures you will not come into contact with it?

So what we have established is you don't know much about viruses, you could care less about your civil rights and require others to tell you what to do.

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Dude, you and every other AINO (American in Name Only) who have defended and supported these infringements have disenfranchised yourself from ever again claiming you value Rights, the Constitution, or freedom again. We will ALWAYS be able to cite that as a bullsnip claim you make which you will quickly throw aside when faced with challenges.

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 08:14 PM
link   

We will ALWAYS be able to cite that as a bullsnip claim you make which you will quickly throw aside when faced with challenges.
Yes, yes you will.
Isn't that awesome.

Of course, the converse can be said as well.

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 08:18 PM
link   

There is no immunity to the flu. One can only build up antibodies from a previous flu infection that helps them to fight off the next one and even then it is not always successful because of how often the flu strains mutate on a frequent basis.
Did I say there was full immunity?

And you have no idea if there is any level of protection against Covid-19.
What I meant was that no one who has not been infected has immunity. Sorry for the confusion. I thought you may have gotten the context.

If you do think this way are you saying IF a vaccine is developed you are going to willfully inject yourself with that vaccine in the off chance you come into contact with it?
I'll probably ask someone else to vaccinate me. I won't do it myself.

So what we have established is you don't know much about viruses,
I'm not an epidemiologist if that's what you mean.

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 08:18 PM
link   

We will ALWAYS be able to cite that as a bullsnip claim you make which you will quickly throw aside when faced with challenges.
Yes, yes you will.
Isn't that awesome.

Of course, the converse can be said as well.

The converse being that I will forever be able to be criticized for valuing freedom and liberty above group think and fascism? Yes, obviously that's accurate and I will wear that sudden scarlet letter with the same pride as every real American before me did through history.

My God... it's actually happened, the retards have now come out of the shadows to openly assail those who believe in inalienable Rights.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join