It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Cure" Is Worse Than The Disease

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I’m sure no Government, anywhere in the world, would have wanted to make the decisions they have had to make in the last month or two.

In fact the economy is the first and foremost thought when taking political decisions.

No leader wants to be the person that leads their economy into oblivion, but it is about healthcare capacity more than it is about saving lives. Deaths are going to be inevitable, but if everyone goes down within a short space of time, then the number of people requiring assistance will be far beyond anything that we could imagine, let alone manage.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: chr0naut

We're good to go now in most States!

I don't know man... I think you're down playing this quite a bit. I see what it's doing in my home state and that's no bueno.

So say the SG.. the $#!% is about to hit the fan here in the US this week. 'This is going to be the hardest and the saddest week' of most Americans' lives

Wonder if something is being planned.... or if they know something we dont

Biden is saying they need to go virtual (image of the beast? - if so, does this mean the dems will kill all Trump voters? lol - I laugh...)

BIRX (who the hell is BIRX) says don't go to grocery stores.

Italy and China getting a second wave.

US death tolls reach over 2,600 in one single day...

Irf it's fake or if it's real, my arse is staying in my home. You can do what you want. Right now is not a time I wanna be testing the government reach especially when I feel that 'something' is afoot. Something IS happening and whether it's the virus or something else, pushing back probably isn't safe. There are other ways to fight your enemy and out front in the wide open is a bad way to do it. No one has your back, this I promise you.
edit on 5-4-2020 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Case74282
The "cure" from the global shut down is going to prove to be so much worse than had the actual virus just run its natural course as all viruses do. Some of you may think I am advocating for the death of hundreds of thousands and I can assure you I am not. However, I do advocate that we should not continue the global shut down and shuttering of business world wide.

We should return to work and continue to use the same safety precautions whenever possible. If you are sick (with any sickness) then you simply do not go into work. If you have a cough (but are no longer sick) then you wear a mask. We continue the self maintenance with hand washing, ongoing disinfection of common areas, etc. Basically, the stuff we all know we should be doing.

And, yes, there will be people who get sick from this and other viruses and yes I understand that some people are going to unfortunately die. But the world will continue to revolve and industry and economies will continue to operate which is what is desperately needed.

The alternative is to continue this ridiculous shut down policy which will 100% insure there will be no economy and no society to return to once this peak passes. Because guess what? This virus will renew in the fall when temperatures drop and when viruses tend to stay around longer and we will go through yet another massive wave of spread. It happens with all viruses and this one will be no different.

H1N1 is still the predominant viral strain circulating the globe and has been doing so since 2009. Why does everyone not realize that Covid-19 is here to stay and will be here for many, many, years from now? It MUST be allowed to integrate naturally into our eco system or we will all literally perish as a result of not allowing it to.

People will no longer have any means necessary in which to provide for food, home, etc. If people adopt the flight mentality versus the fight mentality then we are done folks.

The sooner we allow this virus to integrate into the masses the sooner antibodies can be built up in our immune systems and the sooner this virus will began to have its curve flattened over a long enough period of time. Those who get sick and recover can donate their plasma to those who have not yet contracted the disease and that will help them build antibodies. This will help make us healthier as a global population. It is the only thing that is going to work. Vaccines take years to develop. Whatever we can try we need to try but I know this "shelter in place" mentality is the wrong way to go about it. This virus is not going away.

We do not have years to wait huddled inside.

I'm nearly 100% confident that being poor and broke causes more deaths than this virus does; so to say lives everyone should go back to work. More people are going to die because of the economic fall out than would have died if we never closed a single business.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I have to tell you. I have no love loss for this President. But when he said the cure might be worse than the problem, I thought, I totally agree with him. As well as the OP. I too do not wish death upon anyone. But right now people are dying of all sorts of things. I'd rather add the virus to that list. This is changing people's psyche. This is a 9/11, Kennedy Assassination type event.

And this being a conspiracy web site, might I add, this all seems a little weird to me. I hate to be so blunt, but where are the bodies? The MSM loves this kind of stuff. Dead bodies, chaos, wreck and ruin. And not one real piece of footage showing any of that. Lot's of video of people fighting over toilet paper, or people saying how bad it is. But no hallways full of people on ventilators, or those instant popup hospitals full of people. You'd think CNN would be eating that stuff up. A train wreck is always good for ratings. But that's not what I'm seeing. I personally have yet to see ANYTHING that looks like enough trouble to go through this BS. Perhaps if people saw that, it would hit home and make people take things more seriously.

They tell us, stay inside voluntarily but then there's no where to go. They tell us to stay six feet apart, and now only a certain amount of people may enter at a time. They tell us not to gather in groups, then they start arresting people for doing so. They say it's probably a good idea to wear masks, and I'm betting, it won't be voluntary to get into, say, a grocery store, if you're not wearing one. Seems to me, this cure isn't worth the sacrifice of freedoms we are all just accepting.

This could simply be a pandemic. And at this point, still looks like it probably is, but what if it's something else? And right now, my mind wanders more than it has in a long time to thinking something more might be brewing here. I wonder if anyone else's ears have perked up recently.

Thanks for letting me ramble. I'm not the type to stress out about anything. But that was my old life, two months ago, which fit me like a glove, and now this new life, not so much. So yes, a little bit of stress. But not about the virus, but mostly about the BS that seems to have arrived with it and the uneasy feeling something else is really going on.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Things will be fine!

Of course, now that Covid 19 will be with us forever, attacking each winter, you will be required to get a shot, in order to go back to work, and since the dollar will fall apart, you will be required to get a chip for the new digital world currency that will replace it. Otherwise, you will not be able to buy or sell, and end up homeless, out on the streets, until the authorities round you up and put you in FEMA camps

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

We also get to look forward to government arbitrarily shutting down commerce to "save" us!

It doesn't even need to be a virus.

It can be a nasty post on Facebook, someone using a gun dangerously, or too many people congregating.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Whine, whine, snivel, whine.

This is an extremely unusual global event.

Roll with it.

Maybe 10 people on the planet have been through this before.

None of them can advise us as to how best to handle it.

Personally, I think the people in charge are doing one hell of a good job.
edit on 4/5/2020 by Creep Thumper because: CLARIFICATION.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Case74282

Yeah.

We're pretty much f#cked.

*shrugs*

I mean, I'm a fat old man and I can see it.

Our government has well and truely screwed us over.

Perhaps if you looked in the mirror and saw a wise, experienced, well fed male who can still think for himself you wouldn't feel so f#cked.

Chin up dear boy, chin up.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

Things will be fine!

When we're all *cough* dead *cough*.

....or run out of TP. That happens, you know the $#!& will hit the fan!

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Well, since we have another one of these threads I'll tell you what I;m gonna do about it. The same thing I've done since before this thing started. I'm going to go out and see people and talk and mingle. Heck, when we get our stimulus money I'm headed out to as many places as possible to buy all my essential stuff. Heck, even if it's one thing I'll hit up the store and stop everyone I see to say a nice kind word. Let me start a list here. I need a package of margarine. Just one of those. and then it's off to the next store to grab a bag of that jerky I like so much. Oh and I need a liter or 2 of pop from that one store across town that always has it real cheap. So, as you can see, I'm going to go about my business as I always have. Toodaloo! Enjoy yourselves!

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 07:36 PM
link   

We will never know how much death we avoided through social distancing. It is easy to be flippant and say it is no big deal when the measures taken have worked.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

We will never know how much death we avoided through social distancing. It is easy to be flippant and say it is no big deal when the measures taken have worked.

That's a question I've pondered yet I realize it is fruitless to do so as it can never be measured. The reality of this virus (like all others) are mitigating factors are what leads to a death rate:

- general hygiene
- general health overall
- region you live in

If you are old, infirmed, have a history of poor health, do not practice good hygiene, are a smoker, and live in a densely packed city with pollution then you are going to be at a much higher risk of death from any illness versus the younger or middle aged, non-smoker, who eats healthy, exercises, and lives in the country. These are all mitigating factors that everyone continues to look past.

Claiming social distancing has helped is not accurate as there is no data to support this. Telling 9 million people (NYC) to stay inside only contains them for a brief period of time. As I said in my OP the fact remains that Covid-19 will be around for years just like H1N1 and the other 200 current viral strains circulating the globe.

Staying locked away will do absolutely nothing for the longevity of our species. It is nothing more than a band aid short term and minimally impactful solution to a very long term problem.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Well let's check those boxes shall we? SEVERELY mega obese. Fat. HUGE. CHECK! Teeth rotting in head? CHECK! Smoker? CHECK! Poor hygiene? Oh you bet come on over and drink in the RIPE. CHECK! 47 years old? Okay thats a push but...CHECK!

Had the virus in early Jan. Weird but very weak. CHECK!

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 09:46 PM
link   
i think im going to have to disagree.

the cure is way better: www.youtube.com...

however, i can see a time and a place for thy disease: www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Just wondering. How many people would have to die, and how horrible a death, for shutting down the economy to a while to become a viable option? Sure, folk need money for food, and we should have a little bit, and the govt is sending us more. In the meantime, the majority of our bills are suspended as well. All our credit cards, mortgages, student loans, auto and other loans can be put on hold with no penalties. Rents are supposed to be suspended and evictions and foreclosures as well. So how much does it cost just to pay the utilities and buy food? That’s ALL you are required to do.

As to “did we have to do this”.....well, it only works so well as people self isolate. So all those people on the beaches and lakes, hitting the stores, partying and socializing? Going to church? Yeah, they’re pretty much negating they good we’re trying to accomplish with the shut down. Long as they keep that up it will be extending the delay and costs.

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

How can an antiBIOTIC get rid of a virus? Antibiotics usually only work for living contageons such as bacteria. A virus ain't alive. It's a shell with it's own data inside.
I am genuinely asking, in case this cure works differnt somehow.

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I kinda liked The Cure???

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMALLYETALLIAM

As KKLOCO asked, what are you going to do about it?

What can he do?

As an individual? Nothing. # all. Apart from... I dunno... a YT video rant?

But a mass protest comprising hundred of thousands if not millions breaching the chicken coop regulations in every city?

Absolutely.

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kromlech
Melodrama. All we're being asked is to stay home and watch Netflix. How hard is that?

I'm not a child, and have better things to do...

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kromlech
Melodrama. All we're being asked is to stay home and watch Netflix. How hard is that?

"Asked" doesn't come with legal and civil punishment if the individual "asked" says no.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join