It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tiger tests positive to Covid-19

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 12:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchandwait410
By looking at the title I thought Tiger Woods was infected. lol

I thought it was going to be a tiger from that Netflix show Tiger King.

I know people are questioning testing an animal, but it might be useful info regarding inter species infection. Other than that, I would question it too.

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 12:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnonyMason

originally posted by: WeDemBoyz
Why are they wasting testing resources on animals when many people don't have access and the backlog for human test results is over 100K?

Took the words right out of my mouth. How the actual F does a zoo tiger get tested before an American citizen when there is a shortage on tests?

So stupid.

Apparently it's not the test they use on humans, if I read it right.

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 12:59 AM
link   
This news and Tiger King on Netflix is just too good to be true. There has to be a conspiracy here, I'm thinking Freemasonry symbolism is somewhere in there.

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Tigers have been infected by virusus in the past.
edit on 6-4-2020 by MConnalley because: (no reason given)

The 2003–2004 avian influenza A (H5N1) virus outbreak in Southeast Asia resulted in 24 reports of fatal human cases (May 12, 2004) due to direct transmission of the virus from birds to humans. During the H5N1 virus outbreak in Thailand in December 2003 (1) , two tigers (Panthera tigris) and two leopards (P. pardus) at a zoo in Suphanburi, Thailand, showed clinical signs, including high fever and respiratory distress, and they died unexpectedly. The animals had been fed fresh chicken carcasses from a local slaughterhouse. At that time many chickens around Suphanburi were dying with respiratory and neurologic symptoms of what was retrospectively identified as H5N1 virus infection (1). Postmortem examinations were performed on all four zoo felids, and samples were collected for histologic, immunohistochemical, and virologic analyses

/www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 04:46 AM
link   
la times article

In a case described as a scientific and medical anomaly, an illness common to dogs has jumped species and killed 16 African lions and other large cats at the Wildlife Waystation, an animal shelter in Angeles National Forest in the foothills above Lake View Terrace. Veterinary experts said the recent siege of canine distemper--which has killed lions, tigers, leopards and jaguars over the past several months--is the largest outbreak of the illness ever reported in cats. They said only two or three cases were previously recorded, and that these involved small numbers of animals.

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 04:49 AM
link   
pet md article

Feline infectious peritonitis (FIP) is a viral disease in cats which carries a high mortality due to its characteristic aggressiveness and nonresponsiveness to fever, along with other complications. This disease is comparatively high in multi-cat households as compared to those with a single cat. It is difficult to diagnose, control, and prevent, and in cases of outbreaks within breeding catteries and kennels, can result in a high number of deaths. It is most often spread through inhalation of airborne contaminants and infected feces, but the virus can also be transmitted by humans who have come into contact with the virus, or can stay active on surfaces that have been contaminated.

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: scubagravy

Has anyone proved that they don't? That's a whole nother ballgame!

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeDemBoyz
Why are they wasting testing resources on animals when many people don't have access and the backlog for human test results is over 100K?

Because humans are not rare and critically endangered.

There are only 3000 tigers left in the wild and that number is dropping fast due to poaching for asinine Chinese men who can't get it up.

There are 10k in captivity, but the gene pool is not at all healthy.

This is a matter of life and death for an entire species.

Humans: 7,800,000,000

Tigers: 13,000

SAVE THE TIGERS.

edit on 4/6/2020 by Creep Thumper because: CORRECTION.

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

originally posted by: watchandwait410
By looking at the title I thought Tiger Woods was infected. lol

I thought it was going to be a tiger from that Netflix show Tiger King.

I know people are questioning testing an animal, but it might be useful info regarding inter species infection. Other than that, I would question it too.

Predictive programming at it's finest that or cognitive resonance majik...

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: abeverage

cognitive resonance majik

Lol, what does that mean?

P.S. I have not watched Tiger King, just seems to be the rage though.

Stay safe!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join