It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stuck in the Fascist Lane.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I went to the tiny local grocery store today. Lined up outside. Took my mandatory cart, and proceeded to shop for groceries. I stopped to grab some Easter tidbits, and the lady behind me said, "These people are idiots. Kids don't need Easter during a pandemic! Just keep moving."

Uugghhhh. I have zero to no feelings about strangers, so it didn't really bother me personally, but I said, I'll mind my groceries, you mind yours.

She then said something to the person behind her about essentials and turned back to me to say that healthcare workers were "run off their feet" caring for the "sick and dying" in this province, and I was here "spreading the virus" by picking out Easter candy.

I just picked out MORE easter candy (to stress eat 😂) and ignored her.

Then I was stuck in a one way line with her for 20 full minutes as she muttered about "idiots" and "locking everything down" and "14 days in jail for anyone outside with non-essentials."

As of today in my province of about 940,000 people, there are around 240 confirmed cases of Covid 19, with 50 recovered and 0 dead, which includes about FIVE hospitilisations. Five.

It may get worse, it probably will. But people here are acting like we've been overtaken like Italy.

And leave it to our Premier, who everyone was begging to resign just weeks before this over his handling of our healthcare system, to make him self a meme by telling Nova Scotians to "Stay the Blazes Home!" Now everyone loves him.

I will just never understand qhy people love being told what to do by governments, and then take it above and beyond, asking for more and more and more regulations.

Our government also released a graph based on google location data that showed no numbers, just a line they called a baseline, and a squiggly line above or below representing how many more or less people had been out doing specific activities. 😑🙄

The Karen set are dying over it, despite not understanding that A) the data collected could be flawed in so many ways, and B) the government is f**king tracking you, Karen! Tracking and shaming you!

I think I should have put this in rants. 😂

Anyways. I get the seriousness of this virus, and I don't think it's a "hoax", I'm still just baffled at the populations response to the quarantine measures set in place, which, so far, are working really well in Nova Scotia.

edit on 5-4-2020 by Atsbhct because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

I would have told her to STFU..

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Maybe if she'd been young and fightable. 😂

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Age shouldn’t exempt someone from being told off.
I think that’s one reason so many people are jerks,, nobody has told them to stick up where the monkey put the peanut.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I would have said, "I have a yard. I have a house. What kind of malfunctioning parents did you have that they could not hide the eggs for you in both those on Easter morning? We always had a family Easter egg hunt at home. If the weather was fine, it was in the yard. If the weather was bad, it was inside. I see no reason to break this just because we have a pandemic. My personal at-home family celebration is no concern of yours and doesn't endanger you in the slightest."

And it would be the truth too. We always do have an at home Easter egg hunt for our kiddo quite aside from any others we may or may not attend.

She can go sip her Chardonnay and get quietly drunk.

**EDIT**

Teikiastu suggests you should have gone over her cart and told her what she had that you though non-essential and therefore dangerous.

edit on 5-4-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Someone did that to me I'd start picking apart the things in there cart telling them every gross detail I could think of

Fastest way to get someone to leave you alone is to make them want to puke

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 12:23 PM
link   

sigh - though i have quite low opinions on easter eggs - i do accept that :

if kids had them last year - they should get them this year - to with-hold them for " reasons " - will just make the little brats scared - and scared meat - doesnt taste as nice

further - all easter egg production - is over - they need to be sold - so buy easter eggs

i prefers to wait till april 14th - when stores slash the prices to get rid of products that cannot be stored till next year

but dont panic - on my accout - i has 2 100gms bars of 80% coaco choclolate to ensure i get through the next 2 weeks

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Kids are taking it on the chin right now. They need as much normalcy as can be provided to them, and I would consider anything that can help do that to be essential no matter a sourpuss in line might think.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 12:40 PM
link   

How does buying some niceties while you are there at the supermarket, make anyone more prone to get the virus?

She's obviously been drinking all the vinegar and eating lemons.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct

I just picked out MORE easter candy (to stress eat 😂) and ignored her.

I hope you savor every single delicious and delectable morsel.

I'm already enjoying it vicariously through you!

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 12:59 PM
link   

I would have been SO tempted to deadpan, "Obviously you're here and not working, so you're not an essential life. Can we get rid of you yet? For the good of others' mental health anyway?"

When introverts are tempted to start s#shows for amusement, you're starting to really push limits.
edit on 4/5/2020 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 02:27 PM
link   

People are the dumbest kind of people. In short, they lap up drama like this and act out because their lives are dull and unfulfilling.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 03:15 PM
link   

You did the right thing

Sounds to me like she is projecting her own very obvious fear by chastising others for it. This is typical of those who are overreacting, buying up 20 cans of Lysol while simultaneously saying "I don't know what the fuss is about" Mass hysteria is real despite the threat posed by this infectious organism and others

Im lucky to live in an area you can count the cases on two hands, so we don't have any extreme measures in place but it doesn't stop the garden variety crazies from coming out and giving you their unsolicited opinions

It is funny because in one sentence she complained about the need to "lock everything down" while being out shopping herself

In reality, many have conflated "social distancing" with "total lockdown" and the need to isolate completely. One can lead a relatively normal life while maintaining "social distancing" (keeping your 6ft). You can even wear PPE as a good measure if you are feeling extra generous (protect yourself while protecting others)

I do wear an N95 when I go out, but only because I don't want to be an asymptomatic carrier. I am personally not afraid of something that has a 1:100 chance of killing me. Of course I wouldn't fear it if it had a 99:100 chance either. No threat exists that can't be mitigated and safely worked around

Forgot to add: enjoy your Easter and hope your kids do too. They deserve it

edit on 4/5/2020 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 05:45 PM
link   
These are the kinds of people I'e been getting frustrated with. I didn't have to, but I took two weeks off from work even though I'm technically an "essential." so I could hermit it up and hang out with my very reasonable friends.

The day I had my last straw was when a woman lysol wiped my hand. I had to take time off or I would have been fired/quitted.

I wanted to go off on people like this so badly. I'm hoping that it isn't as bad when I go back to work, because if that crap happens again I will take my apron off and walk out. It's a lot better than being unprofessional and causing a scene.

Why can't people just mind their own damn business. We got people apparently sitting at their blinds like a bunch of old Italian women trying to call the piedipiatti on anything they don't like.

We got people making snide comments on what others have in their grocery carts.

Why should I feel inclined to help people like that? Because I don't. Don't go into stores and bother other people. Just because you're an anxious ball of misery doesn't give you the right to try and bring other people down to your level.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Should of told to keep her distance so you won't catch her stupid since she so pushy.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutomateThis1
Why can't people just mind their own damn business. We got people apparently sitting at their blinds like a bunch of old Italian women trying to call the piedipiatti on anything they don't like.

We got people making snide comments on what others have in their grocery carts.

Why should I feel inclined to help people like that? Because I don't. Don't go into stores and bother other people. Just because you're an anxious ball of misery doesn't give you the right to try and bring other people down to your level.

That's the crux of it, these people are claiming crap being done is for the good of everyone, but those same harpies want catered to like helpless infants at the same time. They don't expect you to feel inclined, they just expect you to act like a butler for them in the stores like they're a billionaire demanding a store clear out for their spoiled solo shopping pleasure.
And if they can't get that, they're going to try to walk all over any semblance of a life you got left, because theirs is shot, and they can be that brazen -- no one's putting them in their places yet.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

I agree with you 100%.

The same people I see wearing masks and preaching doom and panic are the same people who are prone to anxiety and depression to begin with. Hypochondria plays a role somehow. I'm sure of it.

99% of everything that has gone on with this virus and the economy has a fishy smell to it, and people are taking the bait.

top topics

join