It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO / Faerie Lore Connection?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: karl 12
This is my kind of thread.
Perhaps the beings from lore went from being mystical from an interpretative standpoint, to being interplanetary/interdimensional.
My belief is that they have always been the latter.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

Cheers mate, the opening post was getting a bit too big to fit everything but also found it interesting that Faeries in folklore travelled on 'clouds' and a bizarre fog or strange mist was said to appear moments before they did - I've read quite a number of UFO occupant cases (particularly from Europe) which report exactly that and witnesses also describe everything going silent, time stretching out, a clenching feeling in the stomach and very sore eyes afterwards.

In Faerie lore the giving / taking back of 'gifts' also seems to be a thing and that aspect has also popped up in a few UFO occupant cases - it's also been noted by a few different researchers over the years that when it comes to the behaviour of UFOnauts it really does look like they're putting on a show or display (wanting to be seen collecting samples, fixing their vehicles etc..), their actions have also been described as clumsy or contrived.

Can't remember where I read it but the phrase 'camouflaged by absurdity' seems appropriate and not to go off the deep end but perhaps the Faerie 'Glamour' used to masquerade their delicious looking food (which inevitably turn out to be detritus like twigs and grass) and given objects (such as gold coins later discovered to be just stones) is just some sort of technology which they also use to disguise themselves (as the sheer variety of reported UFO and UFOnaut shapes doesn't make much sense).

edit on 8-4-2020 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: penroc3

i ordered passport to magonia because of this post.

Always nice to own a copy mate (in case the internet goes down for three days) but the full book is linked in the second post.

a reply to: nerbot

Thanks for sharing your account mate - not read it yet but Marjorie T. Johnson's book about 20th century reports looks to be a very good one -
apparently it's the 'biggest single collection of fairy experiences ever amassed' (about 400 global) so it would be real interesting to cross reference any UFO occupant correlations.

Seeing Fairies: From the Lost Archives of the Fairy Investigation Society, Authentic Reports of Fairies in Modern Times

Its accounts of fairy experiences, mostly from the twentieth century, have come from business men and women, housewives, journalists, clergymen, bus drivers, anglers, gypsies, school teachers, university professors, soldiers, artists, authors, poets, musicians, sculptors, actresses, and many others who have seen fairies of various types in houses, churches, and sheds; in gardens, fields, woods, country lanes, and public parks; on moors, hills, and mountains; and even on sewing machines, typewriters, and kitchen stoves.

link

• There's also this chap who nearly had his shadow cut off.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 04:00 PM
link   
When I was in Mexico visiting the Aztec Temples I asked an older local if aliens ever showed up. I expected him to laugh at me. To my surprise he said yes. He advised they are very small, around 2-3 feet and darker in color. They do not cause any harm but love to run around the temples and play. A little bigger than FAE but interesting none the less.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 01:12 AM
link   

The fairy or Aes sidh or whatever you want to call them are about as alien to humans as humans are alien to them.

So ya! in the very sense of the word. There aliens, even though technicality they been around here for a long time and should not be such weirdos by now. But! It is what it is. Oil and water are alien to each other.
edit on 1amWednesdayam082020f3amWed, 08 Apr 2020 01:14:17 -0500 by galadofwarthethird because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 02:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT
Right on time in my isolation boredom.

Hola Gut good to see you mate and yes lots (and lots) of time on our hands nowadays.

Have had the first two seasons of 'The Mighty Boosh' on repeat and the shaman and his familiar really are hilarious.

Talking of shamans here's Hancock's take on the whole thing.

I, for one, do believe we are talking about the same phenomena as interpreted by the historical times and regions.

Having that view requires no particular belief about underlying causation or even the physical, or paraphysical, reality of these events.

Having said that, my own personal conclusion at this time is, yes, "they" are real and they've been with us all along.

Yup well concluded and that's about where I am as well - whatever it is I'd say it's global and consistent (the words symbiotic and multifaceted also spring to mind).

Do keep coming across strange little details like faeries appearing and turning people's milk sour - once read an account of a MIB doing exactly that but am still looking for the source (also thought this was a good data set from Prof Swords).

• Was also unaware Cutchin wrote another book.

A Review of ‘Thieves in the Night’ by Joshua Cutchin

This is primarily a book about explicating the link between faeries and aliens (in relation to abduction scenarios), which Cutchin does by using a wide range of data from historical sources and modern testimony. Sometimes the data is uncomfortable – we may not want the faeries of our folkloric past to become the invasive aliens of contemporary culture – but when enough evidence begins to accrue, we are obliged to accept the possibility that we might be dealing with a single phenomenon that stretches back thousands of years, and suggests that there are metaphysical entities (from the same source) who consistently intrude into our own physical reality..

link

The food angle is very interesting and I read the brief book review linked. I found the eastern diet mentioned intriguing for a few different reasons.

Mate it sure is and I was pretty amazed just how often pomegranates seem to turn up in everything.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Hey Karl great thread.

The parallels between fairies and aliens are undeniable. This phenomenon takes different guises during the aeons. Back then it was fairies. now its aliens.

Fun fact fairies dabbled in cattle mutilation aswell. Despite now having solid evidence that mutilations might be done by some agency i found it most peculiar when i read an old story of fairies mutilating an animal.

For anyone interested in learnign more parallels check witches marks-faestruck- fairy missing time, fairy child stealing and parallel them to modern alien marks,implants, abductions etc and draw your own conclusions.

That said very few people attack this angle because they expect to find a made in mars tag on a ufo. This thing whatever it proves to be is with us for a long long time.

ps We also have to thank the gurus of the ufo field.Those who know rarely speak,those who have no clue talk a lot and go to spread their ignorance on yt channels,twitters local ufo conventions etc. Ufology not only has to combat a cunning foe,it also has itself to contend with

ps2 there are free for download fairy lore books online,worth a read. Reverend kirks is a good one for sure.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Double post to add that i dont know what connection there is between english-irish fairies and the elements, but where i live fairies and water are one and the same. Now what else has a connection with water??

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Faeded
And they DID not go anywhere...well except when they would phase in and out of each other's lighted cloud gas type space..oh and through walls of a house inside out

Wow.................. That is amazing
Totally amazing. The phasing in and out thing you mention, that is exactly what we watched happen over here in the UK in 2006. The pasing would go from something like 10 - 15% of maximum passed out from full from there to literally full on powered up. When they were phased down they were only just visible, they wouldn't be noticeable unless you were really looking for them / in full concentration. Ours were when on full turned up mode yellow in colour, at least I think they were, it's a while since. What I will also add is that while we were with the pair, ye sthere were two each either side of a disused railway line, now cycle track, yeah while we were watching them phase in and out like a gas lamp in size suddenly a golf ball sized orb came at us from maybe a mile away straight at us like a missile and just stopped in an instant maybe four inches from our eyes, then up the path another fairy type thing approached us. It was coming down the track at something like walking pace, weird thing was it was bout human height but was just a very bright yellow seven sided hexaganol shap like a British fifty pence piece coin, no visible legs or anything but about the size of a dustbin lid, thing was as it approached the top left of it and top right moved like shoulders would take turns rocking as it moved towards us. It also had weird pattern inside the shape, like strange lines. Totally mental what's out there. That phasing thing you mentioned though really is something that caught my attention, that's exactly what they did here too

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Schmoe11

People ask why the UFO subject hadn't exploded until Roswell, but faeries have been the subject of stories for a very long time.

Lots of strange disc shaped reports going way back before 1947 but I know what you're saying. 

originally posted by: Schmoe11

I'm sure those with faerie encounters a few hundred years ago were met with the same eye rolls as those who encounter UFOs today.

Yes mate despite the widespread belief I'm sure the ridicule factor played a big role in making people reluctant to report their experiences (in later years persecution by the church was probably also a factor). 

At least the general public back then didn't have to contend with the CIA, Cointelpro and paid disinformants though.

love the pictures.

So do I mate - also thought this green man was a winner and there's some other relevant links below.

UFO Occupants:

PASSPORT TO MAGONIA UFO SIGHTINGS DATABASE - A CENTURY OF UFO LANDINGS (1868-1968)
UFO Occupant Sightings Richard H. Hall (Based on information contained in The UFO Evidence, Vol. II.
Humanoid Cases
PSICAN Database
Ufology - James McCampbell. Chapter 8 / 9
Human Related Physical Effects of UFOs in Close Proximity

Cheers.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Skeletonized

Thanks for addressing the Missing411 aspect mate and Cutchin goes into a bit more detail here about the fae connection to boulder fields, bodies of water, berry bushes, storms, animal reaction and disembodied sounds.

Don't know if you've read all the books but also found it very interesting that you are not supposed to look upon Faerie marchers and instead need to 'lay on the ground face down'.

Fae folk are also said to 'lure human prey with child like laughter' and although they were well known for taking pieces of (bright coloured) clothing from people I haven't yet come across a tale of them neatly folding clothes next to a body - you are meant to wear your cloak inside out to confuse them though.

Don't know where these people go whilst they're missing or how the ones that do reappear in already searched areas have actually survived for prolonged periods in the wilderness (especially children) but there really are some truly bizarre cases in the Paulides research that simply do not make sense.

• Also similar animal reactions involved in the UFO subject and there"s a good research file from Joan Woodward at the bottom of this page.

Cheers.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Yes the lines I recall as well.
Also when they moved in
Our time and space...they kinda bounced around along in its path it traveled.

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter

And they DID not go anywhere...well except when they would phase in and out of each other's lighted cloud gas type space..oh and through walls of a house inside out

Totally amazing. The phasing in and out thing you mention, that is exactly what we watched happen over here in the UK in 2006. The pasing would go from something like 10 - 15% of maximum passed out from full from there to literally full on powered up. When they were phased down they were only just visible, they wouldn't be noticeable unless you were really looking for them / in full concentration. Ours were when on full turned up mode yellow in colour, at least I think they were, it's a while since. What I will also add is that while we were with the pair, ye sthere were two each either side of a disused railway line, now cycle track, yeah while we were watching them phase in and out like a gas lamp in size suddenly a golf ball sized orb came at us from maybe a mile away straight at us like a missile and just stopped in an instant maybe four inches from our eyes, then up the path another fairy type thing approached us. It was coming down the track at something like walking pace, weird thing was it was bout human height but was just a very bright yellow seven sided hexaganol shap like a British fifty pence piece coin, no visible legs or anything but about the size of a dustbin lid, thing was as it approached the top left of it and top right moved like shoulders would take turns rocking as it moved towards us. It also had weird pattern inside the shape, like strange lines. Totally mental what's out there. That phasing thing you mentioned though really is something that caught my attention, that's exactly what they did here too

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: karl 12
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

Cheers mate, the opening post was getting a bit too big to fit everything but also found it interesting that Faeries in folklore travelled on 'clouds' and a bizarre fog or strange mist was said to appear moments before they did - I've read quite a number of UFO occupant cases (particularly from Europe) which report exactly that and witnesses also describe everything going silent, time stretching out, a clenching feeling in the stomach and very sore eyes

I can vouch for the cloud..and the silience as well.it is noticeable when in the forest and you hear nothing...actually we DID hear a faint undertone electric type buzz...

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Actualy your description of how it appeared when it moved is very accurate and better then my description
You mailed it about it having shoulders left and right moving...thanks that just opened a lot more memory to work with.

Yes the lines I recall as well.
Also when they moved in
Our time and space...they kinda bounced around along in its path it traveled.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Faeded

i love mushroom pizza biut only eat it one maybe 22 times a yearif that.

i have seen fairy lights in the woods that other people saw and have one time after i had friends over for my special mushroom pizza we went for a walk across a beautiful campus. It was late at night and only space path lighting provided light, needless to say it was a dark night,

as a group we say people that we thought were having a fancy party or wedding party. We could hear the music and shadowy figures dancing in one of those temporary outdoor buildings that you can opens all the walls.

as we got closer it disappeared, maybe for the best as i dont want to get kidnapped by them

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Nice account of your close encounter with an amber / orange type Nerbot. Them things are real, just like the white type, yellow type green type red type silver type. Lucky you!

Hey bud, thanks for the kind words and when it comes to self luminous, seemingly intelligent forest orbs of various colours have you looked into Ted Phillip's extensive research into Marley Woods?

Stan Gordon has also documented some extremely strange sh•t on Chestnut Ridge.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Ta mate gonna watch it now

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 10:02 PM
link   
A very welcome, wonderfully presented thread, Karl.

originally posted by: karl 12

Have had the first two seasons of 'The Mighty Boosh' on repeat and the shaman and his familiar really are hilarious.

Talking of shamans here's Hancock's take on the whole thing...

Because you had just mentioned a Brit TV series, I genuinely thought this was leading to a clip of TONY Hancock! Sadly, writers Galton & Simpson never broached the subject of UFOs for 'ole Tone. Missed opportunity, wasn't it?

Back on topic, when I used to go to Cornwall regularly (before my in-laws passed away), there was one ye olde story called 'The Lost Boy' that was mentioned once whilst we were was sitting in a West Looe pub. Researching further, I found this fascinating link that also reminded me that the Cornish prefer to use the term "Little People" or "Piskies" rather than "Fairies" or "Elves".

The full title of the story is 'The Lost Child Of St. Allen' and was first related back in 1835 when a small boy in the hamlet of Treonike was picking flowers in a copse near his cottage. He was observed by his Mum whilst she was preparing supper, but a few minutes later, he had vanished. Not quite matching Travis Walton, he was missing for nearly three days despite an extensive search by locals. On the third day, he was found sleeping peacefully close to where he'd last been seen, and oblivious to how long he'd been away. The boy related how...

he had heard a bird singing in more beautiful tones than any he had heard before...Thus lured onward he came at length to the edge of an enchanted lake, and he noticed that night had fallen but that the sky was ablaze with huge stars. Then more stars rose up all around him, and, looking, he saw that each was in reality a pisky. These small people formed themselves into a procession, singing strange fascinating songs the while, and under the leadership of one who was more brilliant and more beautiful than the rest they led the boy through their dwelling place. This, he said, was like a palace. Crystal pillars supported arches hung with jewels which glistened with every colour of the rainbow.

The 'Little People' were kind and fed him before building him a bed of fern to sleep on, and singing a strange lullaby - his last memory until he was found. He eventually lived a long, healthy life, free of illness. The odd thing is that at the point of his death, witnesses claimed they heard "strange music" in the room.

Finally...

Some say that the piskies still haunt the woods and fields around Trefronick, but that they only show themselves to children and grown-ups of simple, trusting nature.

Delicious story, isn't it?

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 04:14 AM
link   
I don't like mushrooms. Last mushrooms was in high school in the desert.my visions of time were ..are unforgetable.i was tripping so hard on time...sleep..death..birth..will..magick
..east.west..black..white..yin.yang..dualalties and how they cross ..that I DID actually see ..manifest..lights..but they seemed intrusive..demonic..and were in the sky...they may have been machine elves..i was shown time..all time..all at one time...i was happy to see the sunrise that morning..
8li don't like to be in such a state of MIND..nor do I like mushrooms.

a reply to: Faeded

i love mushroom pizza biut only eat it one maybe 22 times a yearif that.

i have seen fairy lights in the woods that other people saw and have one time after i had friends over for my special mushroom pizza we went for a walk across a beautiful campus. It was late at night and only space path lighting provided light, needless to say it was a dark night,

as a group we say people that we thought were having a fancy party or wedding party. We could hear the music and shadowy figures dancing in one of those temporary outdoor buildings that you can opens all the walls.

as we got closer it disappeared, maybe for the best as i dont want to get kidnapped by them

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 04:38 AM
link   
What an amazing thread, thank you karl, this takes me back to years ago when I first started snooping around ATS and all the great threads that made me sign up.
I first came across this connection when I read Hancock's 'Supernatural' a couple years ago, great book.
Thanks for all the links and info, something to delve into to take my mind off the constant doom and gloom

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join