It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Great Plague Of London 1665 and its similarities to current events.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

Ohw I agree we were bound for a true reset. The system we had was not intended to last long anyway.

Save lives not money has a truth in itself as well. But it is simply not limited to the lives of now. It is about the lives of the coming decade/generation as well. So save a corona patient and let a regular patient die for it? The fear already set in and patients that should report in do not do it (*).

If this does not resolve fast and we get a 2nd and 3rd wave and multiple seasons of corona after the present how many would as a result of that do not get the proper treatment to there non-virus related issues. If the economy stays down for extended time who can even pay for that.

It is a bit more complex than let's save everyone now and hope for the best in the future. It is simply not a fact it will be ok. Saying globalism bad, we will make that crap ourselves, like some closed-environment-bubble minded people say on ATS, but who is gonna buy that after having living a year or 2 without income. Sell abroad where no one had an income either?

I hope many are aware of that and make their plans on that. I do not intend to obtain or keep any wealth until I die other than the investments I made in my surroundings that will provide the tools for them to build up themselves and their communities.

(*) not a fan of this source but if you manage to browse through the corona hype reports you can find more.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

There have been numerous examples of people flouting current social distancing guidelines.

A pub in the town I live in was raided by the police and there were over twenty people in there drinking, playing pool etc as if nothing was different.
I know for a fact there are numerous house parties throughout the town every night.

Nobody likes going to the pub more than me, but that is just stupidity and selfishness of the highest order.

My town is by no means unique in any respect.

I'm absolutely certain that's just the tip of the iceberg.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

The only person I kind of gave a pass to was a guy I know that's a line cook. He got tested as being positive, and held a dinner party for others that tested positive he knows. I wasn't allowed to go since I'm negative, but he sent a lot of pictures of the food he served (he called it their last supper) So far though they are all fine, but I still thought it a bit stupid that he held it at all.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

I fully understand why your mate would do that.
I'm sure if I was in a similar situation I'd do something along them lines, in fact what you describe is probably quite tame compared to anything I would get up to.....but only alone or with others in the same position as me.

The irresponsible thing would be if they then went outside and mixed with the general public.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Thanks for the thread, sorry many jumped in to derail it with the same gripes they're posting in every single thread. I think its fascinating studying what we can (from what is known) of epidemics/pandemics throughout history - especially the differences and similarities based on belief systems of the time!

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Guyfriday

The only person I kind of gave a pass to was a guy I know that's a line cook. He got tested as being positive, and held a dinner party for others that tested positive he knows. I wasn't allowed to go since I'm negative, but he sent a lot of pictures of the food he served (he called it their last supper) So far though they are all fine, but I still thought it a bit stupid that he held it at all.

It is stupid, because they can be contributing to each other's viral load. Their bodies coukd be fighting it perfectly fine and then they start sucking down other people's coronitas.

I totally get the thinking behind it, and probably woukd have done the same in my 20's, but it's just not smart.

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

There are still a fair number of people who firmly believe this is 'God's retribution' or that it signifies the beginning of the End Times or The Tribulation or something similar.

I get it that some people will seek comfort in their faith especially in times like this. I understand the human need for something to believe in.
What I can't get my head round is people willing for this to be the start of some kind of apocalyptic era with all the death and suffering that would go with it.

And as far as I can tell there have always been some people around during every single major outbreak of plague and pestilence who have believed things like this.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Things are actually bad too with the state of shopping and delivery etc. There's a lot of people struggling to feed themselves. I'm seeing that steely resolve from some, people who can volunteer, go that extra mile to deliver a service but I have to say the majority are not generating much hope for me.

I don't drive and I haven't been able to get a delivery for my grandad, wouldn't be able to for a week or two. Luckily we have have that drives, isn't working and has time. I know there's a LOT more people without that support.

Yeah. When this is over we need to demand a better way. The last decade pushed for too many services and people to the brink. It's inevitable I bring politics in so I'll just say Boris promised a lot and that made me feel the austerity measures were a gimmick. We've already reversed 10 years of work in a few weeks anyways.

Corbyn was right, this nation of nations needs massive investment and huge socioeconomic change.

That said I can see a future where the plebs are blamed for the virus and it's costs...

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Dumbass

You speak a lot of common sense and truth for a dumbass 😂.

I agree fully though, some doctors in the UK are sending controversial letters out about "do not resuscitate" documents. It seems a person needing a ventilator could need them for weeks meaning if there's a rush of demand healthier people might not have access due to someone who has much less chance of survival already being on a ventilator. You can't just pull the plug even if the person rigged up is deteriorating.

I know the decisions of who has more chance to survive is around the corner too. Then of course there's people with ongoing treatments, people who think they'll be a burden.

NHS here has had to send reminders out that they're still fully capable of handling emergencies that would normally require A&E or urgent intervention.

Mental health services are all but closed down too, suicidal people would be advised to go to A&E, that's not the case atm. So addiction and drug services such as rehab will be closed too. I fear the numbers to come out around that because it's times of high stress people are often affected.

I think one saving grace to come out of this will be how effective automation can and will be, depending on how long this lasts. Universal basic income has been flaunted around. Maybe we'll see more individual rights and safeguards after this.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 09:48 AM
link   

And as far as I can tell there have always been some people around during every single major outbreak of plague and pestilence who have believed things like this.

Nutty people, people with more to gain and the youth who haven't comprehended the effects of living properly.

Those tend to be the people wanting madness and chaos. Simplified somewhat I know but I know I felt that madness when I was a kid, these days I just listen to Motorhead.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join