It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So yeah..what's going on?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Many seem to be missing the point.

The media is telling us that the hospitals are completely overwhelmed in New York. They need like 50,000 ventilators. They don't have enough rooms for all the patients. EMT personnel can't keep up with all the covid-19 patients they need to transport.

These videos are taken outside of all those same hospitals being mentioned in the news. Granted, we aren't being allowed to see what's going on in the ICU, NICU, and other rooms, if things were HALF AS BAD as they're bring portrayed..the outside of these hospitals would show signs of this. They aren't.

Believe what you want to believe. I'm simply stating what the videos are showing aren't matching what the media is portraying. Something is going on and it's not what we're being force fed by the media. Take what you will from that.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3
I’m beginning to smell Bull Sh!t.

At the directive of the Governor of Tennessee I just closed my business for two weeks. I am personally going to be out more than a hundred grand. If this is a scam there will be hell to pay.

That sounds like a helluva business, need an assistant when you restart I'm cheap.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 04:17 PM
link   
?

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

originally posted by: interupt42

a reply to: carewemust

They lied to us. We prepared...they let us down. And we...for you guys...are pissed.

1st Responder
EMT/ADLS
FEMA/DHS/CERT
Region 2 South, Wayne County, Mi, USA

can you clarify on who that "THEY" is?

You see my creds. Dont matter really...Everyone up the chain. We train always understanding the local and National Stockpiles would be there for us the docs the hospitals.
It WASNT. Neither are local stockpiles adequate.

And nightly you see how medical services/supplies are non existent...many of us all are disheartened....but keep on goin.*

*I just retired and am in high risk group...am still involved

i was just curious as who you were clarifing as they.

fwiw my wife is an ER nurse and ER manager who previously had her emt and paramedic license.
its a sh1t show no doubt

im pretty sure its only a matter time before we get it at home
edit on 43430America/ChicagoSun, 05 Apr 2020 17:43:03 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Kromlech

You are spot on.

My dad in NY had to insist to get the ambulance to take him to the hospital last night. He could BARELY breath. They are only taking people with nearly no respiration and severe symptoms.

He recently got over the other symptoms and only has breathing problems now.

He is a high risk patient that would have been immediately admitted elsewhere with no fuss needed.

Who they are telling to go to the hospital depends on each areas capacity. In NY we could double or triple hospital admittance if we applied normal considerations .

We dont want that. No one wants ANYONE in a hospital now unless its dire.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Anathros

The media is telling us that the hospitals are completely overwhelmed in New York. They need like 50,000 ventilators. They don't have enough rooms for all the patients. EMT personnel can't keep up with all the covid-19 patients they need to transport.

These videos are taken outside of all those same hospitals being mentioned in the news. Granted, we aren't being allowed to see what's going on in the ICU, NICU, and other rooms, if things were HALF AS BAD as they're bring portrayed..the outside of these hospitals would show signs of this. They aren't.

Believe what you want to believe. I'm simply stating what the videos are showing aren't matching what the media is portraying. Something is going on and it's not what we're being force fed by the media. Take what you will from that.

Great since your first paragraph isn't the standard CT hyperbole that comes with everything you can provide examples of anything you claimed?

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kromlech
1. Not every city is a virus 'hotspot.'

2. There's more people WITHOUT the virus, than there are with it.

3. Hospitals are generally recommending people stay home right now, unless there's an emergency.

4. Filming the OUTSIDE of a building says NOTHING about the occupancy inside.

Doctors and nurses are being laid off here in Arkansas. Strange to be laying them off during a global pandemic regardless of what their specialty might be. I'm starting to really believe something else is going on here.

Btw, the first part of that video is at New York City hospitals..so they're not a hotspot anymore?

They're laying off hospital workers in Oklahoma City also, this is what I've been told by a couple of people in the know.

IDK, strange.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA

Great since your first paragraph isn't the standard CT hyperbole that comes with everything you can provide examples of anything you claimed?

Turn on the news or listen to a press conference from Governor Cuomo. If I'm using hyperbole, then so is the governor.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 06:28 PM
link   

?

They lied to us. We prepared...they let us down. And we...for you guys...are pissed.

1st Responder
EMT/ADLS
FEMA/DHS/CERT

You see my creds. Dont matter really...Everyone up the chain. We train always understanding the local and National Stockpiles would be there for us the docs the hospitals.

And nightly you see how medical services/supplies are non existent...many of us all are disheartened....but keep on goin.*

fwiw my wife is an ER nurse and ER manager who previously had her emt and paramedic license.
its a sh1t show no doubt

We're all good, friend. I know a few commanders and co-ordinators that are just devastated how empty this went down. We were always counting on being supplied when needed...they told us...we believed it.

***If a Major Attack or something happened RIGHT NOW? Millions dead...or will wish they were...we cant handle it en masse'...as we all can see

PS Stay well, you and yours interupt42!

edit on 5-4-2020 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 07:15 PM
link   

?

1st Responder
EMT/ADLS
FEMA/DHS/CERT

its a sh1t show no doubt

We're all good, friend. I know a few commanders and co-ordinators that are just devastated how empty this went down. We were always counting on being supplied when needed...they told us...we believed it.

Yeah its a sh1t show behind the scenes. My wife actually had to argue to the upper execs how stupid a decision they made when they wanted to restrict use of the masks for the nurses in the ER. She had to explain to them what are you going todo when all your nurses and doctors are home sick? who is going to take care of the patients and are you going to want to pay 4 times their normal pay to get contracted nursers to come in?

Luckily they came to their senses, most likely at the thought of having to pay 4x the normal rates.

You too and props for being willfully on the front lines and helping others.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: Anathros

Doctors and nurses are being laid off here in Arkansas. Strange to be laying them off during a global pandemic 

You got a source for these nurses and doctors being laid off ?

For nurses who have been laid off because elective procedures have not been happening at some clinics, temporarily closing down clinics or shortening, there is hope. Sue Tedford, president for the Arkansas State Board of Nursing, can make referrals to places of need for nurses seeking work.
Link

PHOENIX (3TV/CBS 5) -- Nurses in Arizona are getting laid off as specialty clinics cancel elective surgeries.

(FOX 9) - Across the Twin Cities, there are reports of nurses being laid off or having their hours cut amid the coronavirus pandemic.

It’s a counterintuitive concept given the ongoing crisis, but many hospitals are delaying elective procedures, so there are some parts of the hospital that are really quiet right now.

It's the non-emergency staff being laid off which anyone with common sense would understand was going to happen. If these nurses are willing to be in the ER, a lot of hospitals would love to have them as their ER staff are exhausted now in hotspots.

ER nurses have been laid off and hours cut as well but in areas where the virus hasnt spread yet.

Doesn't that make sense? If they're not going to use them in the areas that are affected, why risk those nurses' lives too?

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 08:22 PM
link   

?

1st Responder
EMT/ADLS
FEMA/DHS/CERT

its a sh1t show no doubt

Yeah its a sh1t show behind the scenes. My wife actually had to argue to the upper execs how stupid a decision they made when they wanted to restrict use of the masks for the nurses in the ER. She had to explain to them what are you going todo when all your nurses and doctors are home sick? who is going to take care of the patients and are you going to want to pay 4 times their normal pay to get contracted nursers to come in?

Luckily they came to their senses, most likely at the thought of having to pay 4x the normal rates.

You too and props for being willfully on the front lines and helping others.

Hey, I'm high risk, layin low and will need help myself...and I don't mind sayin' "I'm scared because of stupid people who could get me killed".Sorry, but true.
Stay well, stay safe, ignore no symptoms

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: Anathros

Doctors and nurses are being laid off here in Arkansas. Strange to be laying them off during a global pandemic 

You got a source for these nurses and doctors being laid off ?

For nurses who have been laid off because elective procedures have not been happening at some clinics, temporarily closing down clinics or shortening, there is hope. Sue Tedford, president for the Arkansas State Board of Nursing, can make referrals to places of need for nurses seeking work.
Link

PHOENIX (3TV/CBS 5) -- Nurses in Arizona are getting laid off as specialty clinics cancel elective surgeries.

(FOX 9) - Across the Twin Cities, there are reports of nurses being laid off or having their hours cut amid the coronavirus pandemic.

It’s a counterintuitive concept given the ongoing crisis, but many hospitals are delaying elective procedures, so there are some parts of the hospital that are really quiet right now.

It's the non-emergency staff being laid off which anyone with common sense would understand was going to happen. If these nurses are willing to be in the ER, a lot of hospitals would love to have them as their ER staff are exhausted now in hotspots.

ER nurses have been laid off and hours cut as well but in areas where the virus hasnt spread yet.

Doesn't that make sense? If they're not going to use them in the areas that are affected, why risk those nurses' lives too?

Unfortunately the decision had nothing todo with the nurses health just finances and margins due to lack of patients and business. So they cut all the seasonal contracted nurses. Keep in mind the area hasnt been really impacted with the virus as of yet.

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 12:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: HelloboysImbackguy
a reply to: Kromlech

You are spot on.

My dad in NY had to insist to get the ambulance to take him to the hospital last night. He could BARELY breath. They are only taking people with nearly no respiration and severe symptoms.

He recently got over the other symptoms and only has breathing problems now.

He is a high risk patient that would have been immediately admitted elsewhere with no fuss needed.

Who they are telling to go to the hospital depends on each areas capacity. In NY we could double or triple hospital admittance if we applied normal considerations .

We dont want that. No one wants ANYONE in a hospital now unless its dire.

So on Ben Shapiro show podcast today he had 2 leading doctors and a top economics expert, very good show with zero political hype.

The Doctors were basically saying we really need to shut down until May time frame, no ands, ifs or buts... We will really see if we did any good in the next 2 weeks which will be the critical time frame.

I personally think it is all working better than expected...

They were basically saying what we already know except for one part... 80% hardly get anything, 20% it is more serious, 25% of that 20% (over all 4%) need medical help, about 25% of that 4% (1% of the total) need respirators, now here is the kicker I didn't know... 50% to 90% that need respirators die...

edit on 6-4-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 01:07 AM
link   
a reply to: HalWesten

Im just about to get an MRI at a local hospital, I'll be able to do some of my own investigation, I will post back my experience.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join