It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So yeah..what's going on?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I’m in Chicago. A close friend’s grandmother went in the hospital with a cough and trouble breathing on the 28th, was diagnosed with covid and died in the hospital alone on the 4th from pneumonia. My sister in law is an ER doc and she said the media is over doing things, but she is definitely afraid of Coronavirus.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

They lied to us. We prepared...they let us down. And we...for you guys...are pissed.

1st Responder
EMT/ADLS
FEMA/DHS/CERT
Region 2 South, Wayne County, Mi, USA

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Bangaboos

A husband and wife went to McDonalds (or somewhere), she was feeling sick, hubby took her, they wouldn't let him in.

He got home, gotta call she died, and can't see her....and he said " That's the end of our story".

edit on 5-4-2020 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Most hospitals in the US are non-profit hospitals. That doesn't mean the people who work there work for free, that the drug companies, medical device companies and consumables suppliers whose products are used there are giving them away at cost. It simply means the facility where everything is taking place is run on a not-for-profit basis.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: Anathros

Doctors and nurses are being laid off here in Arkansas. Strange to be laying them off during a global pandemic 

You got a source for these nurses and doctors being laid off ?

For nurses who have been laid off because elective procedures have not been happening at some clinics, temporarily closing down clinics or shortening, there is hope. Sue Tedford, president for the Arkansas State Board of Nursing, can make referrals to places of need for nurses seeking work.
Link

PHOENIX (3TV/CBS 5) -- Nurses in Arizona are getting laid off as specialty clinics cancel elective surgeries.

(FOX 9) - Across the Twin Cities, there are reports of nurses being laid off or having their hours cut amid the coronavirus pandemic.

It’s a counterintuitive concept given the ongoing crisis, but many hospitals are delaying elective procedures, so there are some parts of the hospital that are really quiet right now.

It's the non-emergency staff being laid off which anyone with common sense would understand was going to happen. If these nurses are willing to be in the ER, a lot of hospitals would love to have them as their ER staff are exhausted now in hotspots.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Cutting/furloughed healthworkers during Pandemic?

I did a easy google search.... so can you

Edit: Look more “sources”
edit on 5-4-2020 by SeektoUnderstand because: (no reason given)

So I ask; why are health workers (especially nurses and doctors) being cut during “war zone” hospital levels???

I can do this all day

One more cant hurt

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I’m beginning to smell Bull Sh!t.

At the directive of the Governor of Tennessee I just closed my business for two weeks. I am personally going to be out more than a hundred grand. If this is a scam there will be hell to pay.
edit on 5-4-2020 by Nickn3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

a reply to: interupt42

If what you say is true, it's another reminder of just how stupid a " for profit " health system is.

Not sure the no profit ones have been doing any better with the coronavirus.

No profit ? Really.

Doctors want to make money too, it's silly to think where universal healthcare is in play doctors work for free.

you blame for profit hospitals but now say they are all for profit and who thought doctors dont want to make money?

not following your point here?

edit on 49430America/ChicagoSun, 05 Apr 2020 10:49:31 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten

a reply to: Anathros

Doctors and nurses are being laid off here in Arkansas. Strange to be laying them off during a global pandemic 

You got a source for these nurses and doctors being laid off ?

For nurses who have been laid off because elective procedures have not been happening at some clinics, temporarily closing down clinics or shortening, there is hope. Sue Tedford, president for the Arkansas State Board of Nursing, can make referrals to places of need for nurses seeking work.
Link

PHOENIX (3TV/CBS 5) -- Nurses in Arizona are getting laid off as specialty clinics cancel elective surgeries.

(FOX 9) - Across the Twin Cities, there are reports of nurses being laid off or having their hours cut amid the coronavirus pandemic.

It’s a counterintuitive concept given the ongoing crisis, but many hospitals are delaying elective procedures, so there are some parts of the hospital that are really quiet right now.

It's the non-emergency staff being laid off which anyone with common sense would understand was going to happen. If these nurses are willing to be in the ER, a lot of hospitals would love to have them as their ER staff are exhausted now in hotspots.

ER nurses have been laid off and hours cut as well but in areas where the virus hasnt spread yet.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

They lied to us. We prepared...they let us down. And we...for you guys...are pissed.

1st Responder
EMT/ADLS
FEMA/DHS/CERT

can you clarify on who that "THEY" is?

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 11:42 AM
link   
In metro areas like New York emergency rooms average 41 patients a day. New York the 5 boroughs has 62 acute care hospitals which means about 2542 total emergency room patients per day total. Except under quarantine, the number has to be way down on car accidents and other crowd related injuries, these hospitals have approximately 24,000 beds add 1000 bed US Navy ship for 25,000 beds. So I could see where areas like that are getting swamped, with 20% of 63000 potentially needing hospitalization.

That said we are getting nowhere those urgency levels elsewhere 31 hospitals in New Orleans area for approximately 12400 cases statewide where 2480 may need hospitalization. Georgia my home state has 6383 cases 20% hospitalization would be approximately 1240 needing hospitalization Georgia has 112 hospitals with 22,000 beds. So while there may be shortages here and there, this is a crisis we can certainly handle. Please note is the potential hospitalizations number I haven't removed those unfortunate ones that have already perished. For example, Georgia hospitalizations are likely approximately 1032 for 22,344 beds statewide.

Even if these numbers are skewed a bit The deaths are at least correct on the high end what is wrong is the actually number of cases which is likely much higher lowering the mortality rate even further.

www.ahd.com...

coronavirus.1point3acres.com...

edit on 5-4-2020 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 11:50 AM
link   
ALERT: "PEARL HARBOR-II" is coming to the United States this coming week!

www.foxnews.com...

ALSO New Guidance from the CDC will help pump up the death toll.

Just in time for Pearl Harbor week: www.cdc.gov...

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 12:03 PM
link   

"Ideally, testing for COVID–19 should be conducted, but it is acceptable to report COVID–19 on a death
certificate without this confirmation if the circumstances are
compelling within a reasonable degree of certainty. "

WTF!?

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I'm sceptical. Hospitals are businesess it's likely they will exaggerate to scam some money. Some places might be empty because they are either yet to see the explosion of sick people or the lockdown is doing it's job.
What's the most important is that the guy from video didn't make it past any closed doors. Lack of people in the waiting rooms or waiting to get tested doesn't prove that the whole place is empty. If it's a world wide coverup tell me how can it work? How would you silence millions of medical workers worldwide and make nearly every single country join your conspiracy?
edit on 5-4-2020 by KiwiNite because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I am becoming skeptical with the NYC, reports. I am beginning to see raw, data on YouTube, from regular joe’s taking videos of the city hospitals, that have empty ER waiting rooms, ambulances parked with emt’s sitting in them watching Netflix on their phones. Something is not making sense here. Still trying to get more data, but I can already figure out there is some exaggeration going on in NYC. Question is why, I am assuming it’s due to the lack of our medical preparations.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent
I am becoming skeptical with the NYC, reports. I am beginning to see raw, data on YouTube, from regular joe’s taking videos of the city hospitals, that have empty ER waiting rooms, ambulances parked with emt’s sitting in them watching Netflix on their phones. Something is not making sense here. Still trying to get more data, but I can already figure out there is some exaggeration going on in NYC. Question is why, I am assuming it’s due to the lack of our medical preparations.

This is a standard approach for CT's, cherry picking data while not looking at the rest of the equation to tell the narrative they want.

Do you think people dealing with this are being treated in the ER or like others have claimed in the Waiting Rooms?

Are those "regular Joe's" filming inside ICU's or NICU's or any similar area?

Have they said all elective procedures are temporarily not happening?

Could the social distancing and stay at home orders be limiting the variables the typically cause people to end up in an ER vs say a UC facility?

Should a hospital not have resources dedicated to non-covid scenarios?

"Empty ER and waiting rooms!" appears to now have become the 2020 equivalent of of "Jet fuel didn't bring down the towers!".

Looked at in a vacuum then your concerns are accurate but, in life, you can't look at things in a vacuum.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

🤷‍♂️ Does not look right. I hear your plea, in regards to

More than what meets the eye.

Yet there are allot of crickets chirping at these NYC hospitals and ambulances parked.

No long lines to get into the hospitals like the media, was reporting etc.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: UltimaRatio1

"Ideally, testing for COVID–19 should be conducted, but it is acceptable to report COVID–19 on a death
certificate without this confirmation if the circumstances are
compelling within a reasonable degree of certainty. "

WTF!?

LOL it's telling them to fudge the numbers, what a crock of chit. More importantly why?

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent
a reply to: opethPA

🤷‍♂️ Does not look right. I hear your plea, in regards to

More than what meets the eye.

Yet there are allot of crickets chirping at these NYC hospitals and ambulances parked.

No long lines to get into the hospitals like the media, was reporting etc.

Where has tbe media reported long lines at hospitals vs they don't want the health care systems to collapse?

In the end it doesn't matter, CT's have their hill they will die on for this now "ER empty=something weird" which they are just as entitled to think that way as people that oppose them are.

I just wish that hill included some situational awareness for CT's.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

1st Responder
EMT/ADLS
FEMA/DHS/CERT

can you clarify on who that "THEY" is?

You see my creds. Dont matter really...Everyone up the chain. We train always understanding the local and National Stockpiles would be there for us the docs the hospitals.
It WASNT. Neither are local stockpiles adequate.

And nightly you see how medical services/supplies are non existent...many of us all are disheartened....but keep on goin.*

*I just retired and am in high risk group...am still involved
edit on 5-4-2020 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join