It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How bad are this week’s record-breaking unemployment numbers? One stunning graphic says it

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
Im all for dumping China, I don't have a solution but cutting off ones nose despite their face isn't a solution either and no amount of pounding sand will change that reality.

Neither will the bleeding from your heart.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

Im all for dumping China, I don't have a solution but cutting off ones nose despite their face isn't a solution either and no amount of pounding sand will change that reality.

Neither will the bleeding from your heart.

I just think coming up with a better solution than having a temper tantrum and going with some dumb ass reactionary non solution is desirable and a better long term solution, however i understand you only have a hammer in your toolkit and as a result can only hit stuff and hope it works.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

a reply to: Snarl

Cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Your version is... disturbing, if I understand the English language correctly.

Do you understand English?

All I'm saying is it would be great to dump China but doing it in a way that doesn't result in massive long term pollution problems.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Yeah.

You tell her! She obviously has used the wrong word in a common axiom completely embarrassing herself.

It's mind bottling, isn't it? You know what they say, stupid is as stupid was. So frustrating when people misapropagate words.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

I find it difficult to have a simple conversation with people that attack at every opportunity while missing the point in spectacular fashion.

Is it really such a bad idea to find solutions to bring back industry but in a way that would minimise issues we know come with it ?

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 07:59 PM
link   

All I'm saying is it would be great to dump China but doing it in a way that doesn't result in massive long term pollution problems.

I have problems with English sometimes.

I don't speak it at the house and it was my third... fourth? language that I had to learn.

English makes no sense in a lot of ways...

Like "I" before "E" except after "C" except for some other words and at the end of the day it may just be a loose rule and hell we don't know, just use a spell checker...

What kind of language does that?

edit on 4-4-2020 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 08:01 PM
link   

It's mind bottling, isn't it? You know what they say, stupid is as stupid was. So frustrating when people misapropagate words.

Isn't that supposed to be "Mind Boggling" and "misappropriate"?

You people are not helping me with this English thing at all....

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Fair enough English is a very difficult language to understand even for English people,
Certain words have multiple meanings, that coupled with the context in which they're being used can also change the meaning.

But I digress any ideas on how to bring industry back in a way that would minimise the impact on air and water quality ?

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Fair enough English is a very difficult language to understand even for English people,
Certain words have multiple meanings, that coupled with the context in which they're being used can also change the meaning.

But I digress any ideas on how to bring industry back in a way that would minimise the impact on air and water quality ?

I was just poking fun at your misquote.

I would think that taking a lot of industry out of China and back to America would obviously have a positive impact on air and water quality worldwide, simply because China has no regulations on pollution (or the ones they have they do not follow) and America most certainly does.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 08:17 PM
link   

I could be wrong but I was under the impression the U.S had some pretty serious environmental issues when they were leaders of industry after ww2 and that changed dramatically when China took over much of the production.

I guess i would like to see it done right and in a way that can be sustained long term, here in OZ we need to do the same, we used to make a lot of things and it was great quality, a return to made in OZ and made in America would be great to see.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

That graph can't even be comprehended.

That was insane.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 08:31 PM
link   

and the entire population of the US goes to work to fill the void as soon as this virus burns itself out

I think we will.
I think we will have to.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 08:39 PM
link   

I find it difficult to have a simple conversation with people that attack at every opportunity while missing the point in spectacular fashion.

Is it really such a bad idea to find solutions to bring back industry but in a way that would minimise issues we know come with it ?

I didn't find her comment to be malicious so I didn't see it as an attack. It was just funny to me that you asked her if she understood English after you made the mistake.

As for manufacturing and pollution, yeah it's great to reduce pollution. Given the track record in China for environmental controls, the need to ship them resources across an ocean, and the need to ship everything back to the US, I'd say it's a fair bet that domestic production would be far more green. Contrary to the alarmist crap we see about how bad Trump is on the environment we still have a whole lot of rules in place. It doesn't matter if it's just as damaging because we need more control of our own production.

I think it's moot though. I doubt it's coming back unless it's subsidized.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 08:40 PM
link   

I could be wrong but I was under the impression the U.S had some pretty serious environmental issues when they were leaders of industry after ww2 and that changed dramatically when China took over much of the production.

I guess i would like to see it done right and in a way that can be sustained long term, here in OZ we need to do the same, we used to make a lot of things and it was great quality, a return to made in OZ and made in America would be great to see.

You are correct in your timeline.

There was a point that the pollution was so bad here that Lake Erie caught on fire.

Well, technically Cuyahoga river because of the indiscriminate dumping of sewage and industrial waste.

That was 1969 though.

A WHOLE lot has changed in America since then as far as rules and regulations regarding pollution.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 08:43 PM
link   

" The Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis now predicts that as a result of the coronavirus pandemic, 45 million people are likely to lose their jobs—unemployment in America could go as high as 32.1 percent. "

Gee , I Bet the Leftist Liberal Dems are Happy About that . Hmm...Great Timing NWO !

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blueracer
Once their savings are gone, what do those people do?

Vive La Revolution!

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: nerbot

originally posted by: Blueracer
Once their savings are gone, what do those people do?

Vive La Revolution!

Americans are to lazy for Revolution. Martial law and ultimately the rightwing fascism will triumph.

Your papers please....

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 10:01 PM
link   
OMG - That graph BLUE MY MIND.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 12:06 AM
link   

I didn't find her comment to be malicious so I didn't see it as an attack. It was just funny to me that you asked her if she understood English after you made the mistake. 

Yeah, I stuffed that up alright, I just assumed it was an attack and glossed over the reply, my bad

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Well it seems theres a whole bunch of people needing jobs now, if manufacturing can be made affordable it's a pretty decent opportunity for change.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join