It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Far Does A Conversation or A Sneeze Go?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 03:25 PM
link   

This little video shows just how far micro droplets, which can carry a huge amount of viri, can travel in a very short period of time. It also shows that you really can't get away from a sneeze all that well no matter where you are in a room.

Just a meer conversation between people can latch on to every person in a room. Imagine a room of people talking to one another.

ETA - And here I thought Viri was the plural of Virus... I was wrong! This changes everything.

Apparently Viruses is the correct plural but since there was no plural for the word in Greek - It could be Virus as well. The correct English term is viruses.

Viri means small ripples or breath of wind and according to google, translates from Latin to 'Man'.

Stuff I did not know!

btw, this thread was not created for scare tactics - only for educational purposes.
edit on 4-4-2020 by StallionDuck because: I was so wrong....

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 04:03 PM
link   

A bit of Adam and Jamie and a sneeze, Coughs and sneezes spread dieseases

For some reason the clip appears to be filmed on a phone from a TV, I guess copyright

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 05:01 PM
link   
You want to know how far a person's breath goes, just watch someone take a big rip off a vape.

That's really why people don't like vaping. It shows them that we really are just breathing the same air.
edit on 442020 by AutomateThis1 because: Spelling

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutomateThis1
You want to know how far a person's breath goes, just watch someone take a big rip off a vape.

That's really why people don't like vaping. It shows them that we really are just breathing the same air.

Haha I know where you're coming from.

Back when I was in college, I had just quit smoking for whatever number time it was. I didn't have an issue with others smoking around me because I didn't want to be a hypocrite, so I'd remind myself often.

However, one day, someone in front of me, probably about 10 feet ahead, was smoking and it wasn't that the smell or the stuffy cloud hitting my face that bothered me. It was the thought that I was inhaling what this person was exhaling. Just the fact that I could 'see his breath' by way of the smoke that bothered me. It made me feel as though I was right in their face taking a pull of the content of his lungs.

That disturbed me to the point that for a while, that's all I could think of whether a person was smoking or not.

I don't think of it so much anymore but that made me remember some 20 years ago. I smoke again so yeah, that probably doesn't even raise an eyebrow from me anymore.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

About eight years ago, I had the unfortunate experience of having someone spray in my face while speaking. They were about two feet from my face. I felt a drop hit my eyeball, i was SO GROSSED OUT!

Physical spacing is appropriate, no doubt.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Viruses are dead people cannot catch them.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 10:20 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlissSeeker

About eight years ago, I had the unfortunate experience of having someone spray in my face while speaking. They were about two feet from my face. I felt a drop hit my eyeball, i was SO GROSSED OUT!

Physical spacing is appropriate, no doubt.

Especially when people don't understand personal space much less "social distancing".

Personally I don't think this social distancing thing is going to make much of a difference unless you're socially behind facebook or 10 yards away.

I can't get quite that weirded out yet. Just doesn't feel natural. When people start dropping around me... I'll be the guy covered in a heavy duty trash bag sucking on a can of oxygen - heading towards the desert.

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 01:44 AM
link   

if you can smell someone's fart, you are basically tasting micro droplets of poop that came from their colon

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 02:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavrac

if you can smell someone's fart, you are basically tasting micro droplets of poop that came from their colon

It could be an odorless fart. Those are the most dangerous.

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 02:13 AM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1

i made a thread about that :

link

it addresses the OP too - but triggered by the size of a vapers cloud

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
a reply to: AutomateThis1

i made a thread about that :

link