It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why all of this is a blessing

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Just want you to know.

I've starred and flagged more of your posts in the past week than I have in the past 4 years.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

I didn't say mine necessarily was. We have been fortunate. Our jobs have followed us home.

But you tell me how many today can be entirely self-sustaining without a job? Even those who have saved up and have an emergency fund for some months will eventually run out.

Outside of that, it's the rare person who can say that absolutely no one or nothing else in the world depends in some way on them. Most of us have family and/or pets who rely on us to help them and/or plain take care of them, and I think you're asking a bit much to think everyone just said, "Well, I guess I better not ever have a kid, or a dog, or I better cut ties with every single relative or friend who might need my help because there might be a worldwide crisis of some sort someday ..."

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Tell that to someone with rapidly dwindling bank account, no means of replenishing it, bills to pay to keep a roof over the heads of his or her family

*raises hand

Hi! Nice to meet you.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 04:56 PM
link   

I've actually been buying groceries for extended family because I'm "essential" so I'm still getting a paycheck.

Good thing online shopping goes across state lines.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

Tell that to someone with rapidly dwindling bank account, no means of replenishing it, bills to pay to keep a roof over the heads of his or her family

*raises hand

Hi! Nice to meet you.

So this is a blessing for you because it brings everyone down to your level.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

We're not in those straights yet, but we're all still in touch. So far, only one of us has lost a job, but my sister has been in and out of work for years. They manage to find ways to cope.

My job got cut to strict work from home contract by the job though. So I may or may not lose out monetarily. We'll be fine. It might even balance out by the time we factor in me not having to drive so far to get in to the office.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Been buying for Washington state and Indiana and Illinois.

But I'm happy to do it.

Maybe they won't treat me like sh#t at the next reunion.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

We'll be good.

My folks and my aunt are retired. The rest of us are health care, pharma, prison guard, trucker, health care equipment ... all of those are sort of essential at the moment.

I may not be "essential", but since my business works publishing health care records, they're still working away and keeping all of us busy.

If the time comes, one way or another, the help will find a way to be there for whoever needs it.
edit on 4-4-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 05:56 PM
link   

You should send your thoughtful, kind message to the Catholic Church. Priests are going off the rails.

twitter.com...

edit on 4/4/2020 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

WTF!? Thats pretty un-Fing-acceptable.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: sputniksteve

I'm thinking that it might be an exorcism?

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Muninn

*raises hand

Hi! Nice to meet you.

So this is a blessing for you because it brings everyone down to your level.

Nope.

The whole idea of “levels” like we’re fighting and trying to climb over each other to the top is fake too.

That only exists in the minds of people who think like that. It’s isn’t real. We’re all part of the same giant organism. The way you’re thinking only serves to make people forget that and reinforces division.

This entire thing, as bad as it is and might get, it can’t exist without the polar opposite rising at the same time. The yin and the yang. Whatever bad that happens will spur an opposite reaction of good rising up. It’s up to you which one you want to be a part of.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Just want you to know.

I've starred and flagged more of your posts in the past week than I have in the past 4 years.

Me too.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 06:19 PM
link   

This is all very easily said, if you had no true investment in anything, prior to CV19.

As a person that invested heavily, I can see your point.

Everything is perspective. Either you feel defeat and wither away. Or you adapt, and survive.

Both are intensely sobering.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: fringeofthefringe

When I wrote this I was referring to the shutting down of all businesses in our country.

Did you think anyone believes businesses could survive without employees and customers?

You have to be kidding me.

Of course I don't and I did not say I do. What I said was that there are those who saw this coming, a massive shut down of the economy. You had said who could have seen this coming and I replied that many of us did. And of course it is not good, of course it isn't. I was attempting to point out that the fragility of the way this economy is run would by any reasonable un-sustainable for the long run. Will it pick up again??? I don't know.That I cannot foresee.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Most of us have family and/or pets who rely on us to help them and/or plain take care of them, and I think you're asking a bit much to think everyone just said, "Well, I guess I better not ever have a kid, or a dog, or I better cut ties with every single relative or friend who might need my help because there might be a worldwide crisis of some sort someday ..."

Please don't presume I have no humanity. I keep those I can strong with the strength I have gained from being so weak at various points in my life. I am a survivor who turns to others as a last resort.

I have made HUGE sacrafices over the years for family, friends and very importantly for my cats.

I even bought this house and land for us when they were hounded and hunted by savage inbreds. The one cat still with me I have nurtured through seven eye operations and we would follow eachother to hell and back until one of us dies.

I have been a victim so often in my life from a cruel and heartless family but still have the compassion to keep in touch even if all they want is more of me with nothing in return.

I have lost three of my best friends in the last few years to accidents and illness but supported the ones they left behind when nobody else gave a damn.

I have no funding and the only hand out I ever asked for was from the red cross when I was crying from hunger.

The future holds what I nurture, and because I am a wizard, the right thing comes along at the right time because I pay attention and know how to make great decisions with responsibility and accountability. My common sense is my staff.

Sorry I don't understand chemistry or biology well enough to save the world and sorry I can't dip in my pocket to hand out wisdom but I had a crap education and needed to be more concerned about surviving all the crap people sent my way instead.

Now it is my time to shine and if the world goes to hell in a handbasket I am far more prepared than those who chose to have more to be responsible for.

My running costs per year are about 7k euros. Getting less by the day. I live in luxury because so much is a luxury when it is not taken for granted.

I learned many lessons along the way while others seem to want more and more and need more and more to be like or better than so many others.

We all lie in a gutter, but some of us look at stars.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Hi Friends, let's see if I can explain the blessing from a different perspective. I own a small flooring business. We are currently in that grey area of essential, so we are open (just my husband and I) 1-2 days a week. So far our revenue this year is equivalent to one month last year. My husband has a financial background, so we have always operated in the black, despite the sacrifices we make to our own income. We take a draw dependent on what the month looks like.

In 2008, we left the Chicago area where he was managing a trading company in the Loop because we saw this giant RESET coming. We reinvented ourselves in a small town and established ourselves as leaders, coaches and volunteers.

Now, we have time to focus on change, once again. Take the time, invest it in the things and people you love and activities, or creativeness, and see where it goes.

Humans are tough. The odds of you even being alive right now are slim. Find yourself, find you kindness, humanness, passion. Take time to meditate, do some self healing and see where you come out afterward.

When I was younger, I had a horse riding accident. Time stopped and I had a life review. In it, I saw every instance when I hurt someone by what I said or did, or even what I didn't say or do. It was like watching a movie. I didn't understand it at the time. I have a very different perspective now, 30 years later and constant reviews. It's all about forgiveness. Forgiving yourself and others, completely. Cut the binding cycle, let it go, heal and RESET.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 01:27 PM
link   

A blessing to who? You and a few buddies? Im curious, how many kids do you have that need care; shelter, food, etc.... How many friends and relatives do you need to bury in the coming days or weeks? Do you own a home, car, have other bills i.e.; gas, elec, water? Do you own a business?

With the exception of maybe just a few, this is NO blessing and to think so you have to be very disconnected to the reality and hardships this is creating for others. If you really need a break in life to get your chit together then save a few bucks and stop working or go collect unemployment for a few months.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 05:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: fringeofthefringe
What about the people who lost their jobs or business?
Have no hope for paying their bills and providing for themselves and their families?
Those people may not see this as such a great opportunity.

I went 5 months unemployed 3 years ago. There were numerous applicants for few positions in my field. While it was stressful I spent my non job hunting time spending a few hours a day out doing free things with my kids, learning new skills for my profession and burning through a game or two from my huge backlog. I also found the ADVChina youtube channel which alerted me to this virus in January. I was stocked up and ready for this virus before this story was little more than a 10 second mention on the msm nightly news. You can do a lot when unemployed. In fact doing so helps in reducing some of the stress.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 05:14 AM
link   

We are being handed a chance by life and the very Earth itself to get our act straight. Individually and collectively. I’ve noticed a huge change in the circles I travel in of people becoming more in tune with themselves and nature. Spiritually and physically. People are eating better, thinking better, and living more consciously.

We needed this timeout. I think most people have lived lives so busy and full of playing into the system that they forgot who we really are and what we’re here for. We didn’t arrive on this Earth to spend our lives slaving away chasing some idea of life. We’re here to live a life. Not chase a substitution for it.

Use this time to work on yourself. Pay attention to the thoughts you give attention to. And why. Pay attention to what you eat. What you say. Think deeper about who you are. Heal those parts of yourself that are damaged. We all have the ability to come out of this better than we were before, spiritually, mentally and physically. It’s up to each of us whether we come out of this changed and better, or just go back to the same old ways of thinking that got us here in the first place.

We needed this time out. And the universe provided it. Don’t waste it.
The responses to this post show the half full half empty concept well. I agree with you OP

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join