It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why all of this is a blessing

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I agree, I said something similar.
It's not income, it's providing for yourself and your family.

Soon people are going to say F it, I need to make some F'n money for my family I need food, I need medicine I need a home.

This is not a blessing or an opportunity for so many who are not home hanging out watching netflix.

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: underwerks

In most cases, it's less about income than it is about dependency. I'd love to just kick back and enjoy, but I have a child. He depends on me to do my best to keep his life as normal as possible.

It's my responsibility as his parent to do whatever I can to make that so.

He shouldn't have to suffer anymore than he has to because the world is going nuts.

edit on 4-4-2020 by fringeofthefringe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

You know what?

it's funny, but my kid has taken his time of reflection and he's decided quite firmly that he prefers that way things were already.

He *wants* to go back to school. He *misses* his activities. He doesn't want to be home any more, not even with being able to play with his neighborhood friends 3+ hours every day.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: fringeofthefringe

I'm sure for some people this will end up being a blessing in disguise because it will break them free of ruts they were in that they hated but couldn't find the 'nads to break out of, but it won't be that way for too many.

I got rotated on permanent contract work from home this week. It shouldn't impact us too much between what I'll save in not having to drive and pay for gas, that alone should balance out what I may miss in office hours.

But husband is even more financially important to us now, and I'll be searching for either a full-time or part-time position to cover around my contract work when this clears.

edit on 4-4-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

I seen a good one once on a truck no less.

Save the world! Kill yourself!

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Let's suspend all government employees income including congress.
What would happen then?
Let them all know as soon as congress is able to negotiate some money for their causes and donors we'll get some money out to you all. Just wait, these negotiations take time.
Would the news and the news reporters look and sound different if they stopped receiving pay?

Just tell them all it's not about income, it's a blessing?

I'm sure for some people this will end up being a blessing in disguise because it will break them free of ruts they were in that they hated but couldn't find the 'nads to break out of, but it won't be that way for too many.

I got rotated on permanent contract work from home this week. It shouldn't impact us too much between what I'll save in not having to drive and pay for gas, that alone should balance out what I may miss in office hours.

But husband is even more financially important to us now, and I'll be searching for either a full-time or part-time position to cover around my contract work when this clears.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Well said OP.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I gave up “religion” many decades ago.

But I find it irresistibly ironic that so much of what was hammered into my memory by those nuns eons ago, seems to be bubbling up from the depths to jeer at the current circumstances.

In so many ways, both literal and figuratively, plain as day and yet surprisingly still occult.

How is it that only now, in an age of scientific achievement and arguable reason...

How is it that We are about to be given the opportunity to experience, in all its depth, meaning, and terrifying power, the Hope that was (will be?) engendered in Passover?

Strange times.
edit on 4-4-2020 by Bhadhidar because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 02:46 PM
link   
What would you find more valuable ? Gold and Silver or a Pantry full of canned food goods and supplies

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Let's suspend all government employees income including congress.

Then we have to wait in line for hours, only to be confronted by a government employee that doesn't give a damn about your problem.

oh wait..never mind.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 02:59 PM
link   

I'm hoping that this will slow people down enough to change our societies need to go go go more more more.
I hope that we start to realize that gaining more and more stuff isn't making us happy.

consumerism needs to become far less important in our world.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrustedTruth
The price is too high...

Mother Earth doesn't care about the 'human' price.

This is just a shot across the bow (to use the military idiom)

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrustedTruth
The price is too high...

Only if you don't see what is priceless.

We have all probably lost friends and family over the years to many things but I bet they weren't lost with a convenient label to become no more than another statistic in a headline.

Perhaps those who do not accept this problem at face value could teach others to live FOR YOURSELVES so others don't have to pick up the pieces again and again.

This should be a time of personal responsibility, creativity, planning and sharing, not joining the flock waiting for an empty hand to be filled like so many expect because they have bitten off more than they can chew in life believing it was theirs to take.

The time we have now should be used to it's greatest advantage and those who are not affected to the point of sitting in a box pushing buttons wondering what new buttons will be laid in an empty hand will benefit the most.

No, I am not "lucky" to have what I have. Luck happens to those who do nothing. I am smart when it comes to living. Smart enough to do what others do a paid job for so they can pay someone else to do their stuff and use the royal "we".

Sorry for anyone's loss, but the propoganda machine is oiled with ignorance. I will not cower in fear or wait for the wagons to come get me.

Tonight I am prepping my underground shelter..an old concrete septic tank, clean, dry, and below what is now my well stocked larder.

If you think "the price is too high", be the change to make your own life priceless so you never feel broke.

If we are not broken, nobody can presume we need fixing for their own benefit. They lose every time because we never need to play their games.

Tired but happy. Happy to be alive and living for those who never made it this far.

Bless You Gramps, you will always be my inspiration.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Tell that to someone with rapidly dwindling bank account, no means of replenishing it, bills to pay to keep a roof over the heads of his or her family ...

It's an easy thing to let go when you don't have anyone who depends on you.

And who made your choices?

How far ahead did you consider and who did you consider?

I have a dwindling bank account too, but I do not concern myself with filling it but more with not needing to fill it.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: carsforkids
a reply to: IAMTAT

So throw in the towel cause your life ain't #
No take that towel and hang yourself with it
Life's short and hard like a body-building elf
So save the planet and kill yourself

If you're feeling down-and-out with what your life's all about
Lift your head up and blow your brains out

edit on 4-4-2020 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Who would have seen this calamity coming? Businesses can't survive without revenue and people can't survive without income.

While trying not to sound judgmental here, plenty of us . Actually, the entire economic system. I know it became evident me when I realized that many businesses run in the red for the entire year and depend upon Xmas shopping to make the ends meet for the whole year

Ask the advertisers who know that same thing. This is why Christmas has been converted from a time of family sharing and good will to a time of Santa Claus and bigger and better toys. Same goes for the constant ''sales'' and monthly celebrations that drive people to the stores. Father's Day, Mothers Dany. Valentines Day etc.

So yeah, lots of people have known just how fragile this economy has always been. .

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 03:36 PM
link   
The world will be a different place when this is all over.
In what way it will be different obviously remains to be seen.

We all have our own personal vision of how we would like it to be.

We can start making the changes we wish to see on a personal level.....but in a few months time when hopefully things are a little safer etc how many people will have the strength and drive to see it through?

Social change change relies on people working together towards some common goal or objective, something that hasn't happened for a long time.

I, like many, have done some thinking and there are things I'd like to change in my own personal life.
I hope I have the strength of conviction to do so.....but first I guess I have to come out the other side unscathed.

But first there will be the mother of all parties!!

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

That isn't even music it sucks.
And my life doesn't suck at all. I got it far better than most.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 04:22 PM
link   
When I wrote this I was referring to the shutting down of all businesses in our country.

Did you think anyone believes businesses could survive without employees and customers?

You have to be kidding me.

Who would have seen this calamity coming?

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

Who would have seen this calamity coming? Businesses can't survive without revenue and people can't survive without income.

While trying not to sound judgmental here, plenty of us . Actually, the entire economic system. I know it became evident me when I realized that many businesses run in the red for the entire year and depend upon Xmas shopping to make the ends meet for the whole year

Ask the advertisers who know that same thing. This is why Christmas has been converted from a time of family sharing and good will to a time of Santa Claus and bigger and better toys. Same goes for the constant ''sales'' and monthly celebrations that drive people to the stores. Father's Day, Mothers Dany. Valentines Day etc.

So yeah, lots of people have known just how fragile this economy has always been. .

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Big business will survive, it always does.
It's up to us how much control we allow them to have.

There have to be stimulus programmes and as a result there will be opportunities for many people.

But I think that will be little comfort to the millions of small and medium sized businesses that will go to the wall.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 04:46 PM
link   
We are getting further away from the OP.

My contention, respectfully I may add, was that losing your job or business-for example, as a cook or a restaurateur or taxi driver or a pilot or own a travel agency or an insurance salesman etc, etc, etc- and if your company is going out of business and your income is lost and you have food, medicine and housing(electric, gas, water, phone, internet)expenses and no money and no income, how is this a blessing? How is this an opportunity?

You would have to be????????to not see the absurdity of that statement.

originally posted by: Freeborn

Big business will survive, it always does.
It's up to us how much control we allow them to have.

There have to be stimulus programmes and as a result there will be opportunities for many people.

But I think that will be little comfort to the millions of small and medium sized businesses that will go to the wall.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join