It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Both parties promised change and anti establishment candidates and blew it. Let's be honest.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: choomsuba
You actually don’t have a choice, he will be elected by an overwhelmingly majority, electoral and popular vote.

a reply to: CriticalStinker

I actually do have a choice if I can judge him now or not. You're just trying to get me to REEEE by saying he will probably win.

Trump probably will win, though I doubt by popular vote... I don't care, him or Biden won't make a difference at this point. I earlier said I would be voting independent unless Joe Biden won, in which case I'd vote Trump... But I will not vote for either, and I know one will win, I'd bet Trump.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 11:16 AM
link   

President Trump is only one man. What is wrong with this nation needs to be fixed from the bottom up. But if you want to take a top down approach then I would suggest as first and foremost to implement term limits for Congress and the Senate. Then, do the same for all elected officials.

Then from the bottom to the top, get your vote on and get rid of the bastards. That would be a good start.

Nothing would change even if Jesus were President, there is only so much that office can do. Anyways the presidency has term limits, why doesn't everyone else? And how the hell do they get to vote for their own rules? That needs to change too.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

They simply won't allow it. Its going to take something much bigger and probably... unpleasant ... to make it happen.

Like this virus war and shut down? Wouldn't it be great if somehow we could begin to pull out of this and in the meanwhile some doctor or nurse or even a competent bus driver were to catch the national attention. Someone a majority of us could rally behind because they demonstrated honesty and fortitude. A cat like Sully for instance. A national hero or heroine who exemplified the notion that we are all in this together. Not someone from any of the preacher podiums, but someone from our working classes.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

That's a fair point.

The president seems to get people to rally behind a party though. There are more independents than there are democrats or republicans on their own. Yet somehow they manage to maintain the two party system.

It seems the president's job is to get people to align with one or the other. In the current climate, if you say something that disagrees with the presidents policy, it is assumed you're a liberal or have TDS. Just like when I criticized Obama during his presidency, it was assumed I was right leaning or conservative.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I have no animosity towards you, “they”, (dem /repub) deep state front want to pit us against each other and we have to realize that and overcome it!

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

Nothing would change even if Jesus were President, there is only so much that office can do. Anyways the presidency has term limits, why doesn't everyone else? And how the hell do they get to vote for their own rules? That needs to change too.

Some of trumps most ardent admirers and supporters think trump is anointed by God and infact the 2nd coming.

www.theguardian.com...

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: choomsuba
You actually don’t have a choice, he will be elected by an overwhelmingly majority, electoral and popular vote.

trump has a far right commitment on his base, but most people are middle of the road and vote with their pocket books.

trump better get a lock on this declining economy and job market or else that will be his legacy and lose bigly. very bigly.!

Bail outs for the rich corps will only alienate the the voters with their puny $1200 bucks.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 4-4-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 12:09 PM
link   

I agree.

I'll even give in some in order to get a good independent. Let's see if we can find and independent that is pro term limits, pro choice, pro guns, anti establishment, pro single payer healthcare, pro free college, pro America first, anti war, pro strong military, pro reducing national debt, anti lobbyist, anti China, pro marijuana legalization and pro extraterrestrial disclosure (you know I had to throw that in there).

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join