It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And the New Labour Leader Is ......

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Sir Keir Starmer .
No surprise really that chief Brexit remoaner Starmer has been elected by Labour party members to be their new annoying leader , Rebecca Long-Bailey came second with the invisible Lisa Nandy coming in a remote third.

So I still have no political home as I seriously doubt Starmer will say or do anything to make me return to the party.

After his victory, Sir Keir spoke to PM Boris Johnson and agreed to meet next week to discuss the coronavirus crisis.

In a video message released by the Labour Party, Sir Keir promised to work constructively in opposition and said he hoped Labour "when the time comes can serve our country again - in government".

And he apologised for the "stain" of anti-Semitism that has tainted Labour in recent years.He pledged to "tear out this poison by its roots" and said his success would be judged on whether former Jewish members return to Labour.
www.bbc.co.uk...

Let the blood letting begin.

edit on 4-4-2020 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Not being affiliated with a specific political party is actually the smart thing to do. Base your support and votes on who is doing the right thing.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: HalWesten

I remain In the same position I was before Starmer was elected , a floating voter who will likely abstain unless I feel there's a reason to vote.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

And he apologised for the "stain" of anti-Semitism that has tainted Labour in recent years.He pledged to "tear out this poison by its roots" and said his success would be judged on whether former Jewish members return to Labour.

He might want to think about the "stain" of misogyny tainting Labour and whether former feminist/female members return to the party. As I understand it, Sir Keir walked a fine line there, but the damage was done by those who wanted to expel anyone that didn't chant the "trans women are women" line in unison.

Expel me too! Labour members dare party chiefs to kick them out

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 08:52 AM
link   
So the hashtag LabourLeadership has expired as a source of entertainment.

edit on 4-4-2020 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I don’t think it really matters who is Labour leader, they have become irrelevant in the massive love in for Boris Johnson.

The political landscape is horrendous, with lies becoming truth in people’s minds and the inability to think for themselves, merely relying on pack mentality.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 01:17 PM
link   
What's this Brexit you keep going on about????? Literally nothing, and I mean nothing, has changed for me. Except the virus of coarse. It's like the hokey cokey left leg in, left leg out, you do the hokey cokey and we're f~~~ed about.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

We leave the EU in December, trade talks will be continuing but obviously the current situation is hampering that.

Given how this virus is effecting the EU and its economy and the precarious position of Italy's economy the EU is in danger of collapse and if the discontentment of some Nation states to Europe's response gets worse that could be sooner rather than later , we don't need to be a part of that.

There will be Labour members across the country with heavy hearts at the thought of Keir Starmer as their leader , a good day for the Tories I think.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

He appoligised for the anti Semitism that tainted the labour party in recent years

HE HOWEVER DID NOTHING ABOUT IT.......

The late Rabbi of the 'synagogue his family attends' was very disappointed in his

handling of the anti Semitism in the labour party. Whenever he was confronted

with something he would reply "That he would look into it"........but never did

His ambitions as a politician over rode his religious convictions so he would never

rock the boat.

There is a full double page article in the Daily Mail 4/ 4/ 2020 ......

Very unflattering as to the type of person he is......no backbone.

The others in line for the leadership of the labour party ALL being women might

have made a change,

But seems for the labour party now there is no change, just *more of the same*

edit on 4-4-2020 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

He appoligised for the anti Semitism that tainted the labour party in recent years

HE HOWEVER DID NOTHING ABOUT IT.......

So this is just standard operating procedure for him, eh? Any thoughts on why he won? I've read a couple opinions that he was the lesser evil. I really don't know though.

The late Rabbi of the 'synagogue his family attends' was very disappointed in his handling of the anti Semitism in the labour party. Whenever he was confronted with something he would reply "That he would look into it"........but never did

I'll bet "very disappointed" is putting it mildly. How very very sad.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

So this is just standard operating procedure for him, eh? Any thoughts on why he won? I've read a couple opinions that he was the lesser evil. I really don't know though.

They have a different way of finding a leader...... and surprise, surprise the

unions have a lot of input into it.

I find it reflects very badly on him that despite his family being Jewish, he

behaved in the manner of Pontius Pilate in the anti semitism that was rampant

in the labour party.

Its a very good article, and worth reading. I was unable to link it or I would

have done.

top topics

join