It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moon UFOs (Or why would someone fake this)

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

You are exactly right. In my first post I mentioned I have other ways to prove this is fake, and that is one of them.

1: The lighting on the UFOs seem to be "baked on" to the UFOs. As the UFOs move the light source that is lighting them up should also move, but it doesn't seem to. The direction of light looks good at the beginning but towards the end the direction is wrong.

2: It appears the fabricator of this fake wanted the UFOs to fade into the Moon's shadow at the end, and make it look like its passing through the Moon's terminator line. However, it looks like they just hit a hard mask with a very short feathered edge, nothing like you would see in reality. I've see satellites above Earth fade into Earth's shadow, and while passing through Earth's terminator it is much slower, and a complete fade out. In this video it is like the UFOs hit a straight edge wall of shadow.

3: The UFOs vibrate and jump around due to motion tracking issues. This is likely do to the fact that they use a real Moon video for the back plate, and the Moon is moving, and the turbulence in Earth's atmosphere causes the Moon to look wavy due to refraction of light, as if it was viewed through water. However, this waviness makes it difficult to motion track pixels on the Moon in order to apply the motion track to composited fake UFOs so they look like they are really in the scene. These motion tracking issues show up as jumps and vibrations in relation to the Moon. I would expect the wavy refraction to apply to the UFOs too, but in several parts of the video its not wavy, it is jittery. This is a common mistake when match moving, you have to make sure your motion tracking is perfect, and they didn't.

4: Due to the jittery motion tracking issues mentioned above, the UFOs have motion blur added to them by mistake. This one only experts would catch. Digital effects software these days can easily add motion blur to fast moving objects (like a UFO) with a simple checkbox. While rendering, the motion blur algorithm will look several frames ahead to see if any fast animation is applied to the objects, and then it applies motion blur to the object. It seems the fabricators of this fake had motion blur enabled, and they had the default number of look ahead frames selected in the motion blur settings. So when the jittery motion tracking causes the UFO to animate quickly, motion blur is added by mistake. They should have increased the number of look ahead frames.

You can see this if you watch the UFOs, when they jump and jitter they get a little blurry, while everything else stays in focus. To normal people this may just look like camera focus issue, but everything else stays in focus so its not that. Sometimes all the UFOs blur at the same time, that is because all of them jittered at the same time. This is also a common mistake.

5: I have more, but I don't want to tell these hoaxers all the tricks.
edit on 9-4-2020 by More1ThanAny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: More1ThanAny1 You did a great job, someones got to debate with you.

So that is a method to determine a fake image ok great. I was just suggesting that maybe zoomed way in, the white drowned out the colors and the shadow colors dominated. I get attacked for it.

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: More1ThanAny1
a reply to: ignorant_ape

You are exactly right. In my first post I mentioned I have other ways to prove this is fake, and that is one of them.

1: The lighting on the UFOs seem to be "baked on" to the UFOs. As the UFOs move the light source that is lighting them up should also move, but it doesn't seem to. The direction of light looks good at the beginning but towards the end the direction is wrong.

2: It appears the fabricator of this fake wanted the UFOs to fade into the Moon's shadow at the end, and make it look like its passing through the Moon's terminator line. However, it looks like they just hit a hard mask with a very short feathered edge, nothing like you would see in reality. I've see satellites above Earth fade into Earth's shadow, and while passing through Earth's terminator it is much slower, and a complete fade out. In this video it is like the UFOs hit a straight edge wall of shadow.

3: The UFOs vibrate and jump around due to motion tracking issues. This is likely do to the fact that they use a real Moon video for the back plate, and the Moon is moving, and the turbulence in Earth's atmosphere causes the Moon to look wavy due to refraction of light, as if it was viewed through water. However, this waviness makes it difficult to motion track pixels on the Moon in order to apply the motion track to composited fake UFOs so they look like they are really in the scene. These motion tracking issues show up as jumps and vibrations in relation to the Moon. I would expect the wavy refraction to apply to the UFOs too, but in several parts of the video its not wavy, it is jittery. This is a common mistake when match moving, you have to make sure your motion tracking is perfect, and they didn't.

4: Due to the jittery motion tracking issues mentioned above, the UFOs have motion blur added to them by mistake. This one only experts would catch. Digital effects software these days can easily add motion blur to fast moving objects (like a UFO) with a simple checkbox. While rendering, the motion blur algorithm will look several frames ahead to see if any fast animation is applied to the objects, and then it applies motion blur to the object. It seems the fabricators of this fake had motion blur enabled, and they had the default number of look ahead frames selected in the motion blur settings. So when the jittery motion tracking causes the UFO to animate quickly, motion blur is added by mistake. They should have increased the number of look ahead frames.

You can see this if you watch the UFOs, when they jump and jitter they get a little blurry, while everything else stays in focus. To normal people this may just look like camera focus issue, but everything else stays in focus so its not that. Sometimes all the UFOs blur at the same time, that is because all of them jittered at the same time. This is also a common mistake.

5: I have more, but I don't want to tell these hoaxers all the tricks.

This is embarrassing

1 & 2

No the lighting on the UFOs should not move or fade...they’re above the Luna surface illuminated by the sun right they’re not self illuminated

They should remain solid bright in the sunlight, and blink of instantly entering the shadow

They should not fade like surface shadows, they’re above the surface not in it, when they’re no longer illuminated by the sun and pass into the shadow, they suddenly stop being illuminated period

Note, while they’re above the dark shadow, but visible it’s because they’re still being hit by the sun above the moon shadow right, they’re clearly displaying some sort of distortion on the tip, unknown

Perhaps you’re thinking of let say a shooting star in the night sky? As it fade etc?

There is a huge difference between passing through a shadow and an atmosphere with or without a light source, it is atmosphere which fades the object in the instance of a shooting star, shooting starts self illuminate these object are clearly not, shooting stars... one we see generally self illuminate burning up into an atmosphere

Using this to explain what we’re seeing here isn’t at all helpful when you’re trying to explain light sources and shadows

These objects in question are not self illuminated, they’re not passing through dense atmosphere, these objects are simply being illuminated by sunlight, therefore what we see happen in the video is if cgi perfect

Major FAIL there

3) the UFOs do not vibrate move around and jump because as you state motion tracking, the “shadows” appear to move around due to passing over rough terrain and are further wobble & distorted because of viewing through earths atmosphere, this is pretty obvious but still you’re pulling mental gymnastics 🤸🏼‍♂️

4) same as above, it’s not mistakenly added motion blue lol, it’s the atmosphere and terrain

5) please bring on the rest of these ridiculous explanations they’re absolutely staggering

edit on 10-4-2020 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: sean
a reply to: More1ThanAny1

Top circle UFO shadow, bottom circle craters shadow. They look the same to me. They are off by like 1-2, which is nothing. Out of 255x255x255 possible color combinations. I think that is close enough to say that they are identical.

Looking at this crops strait from the film and morethanany1 altered images it’s clear the only hoax is his images lol

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 08:48 AM
link   
This guy decided to recreate it:

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: OneBigMonkeyToo
Interesting. I'd be interested to know if anybody changed their mind about whether the video was a hoax or not after seeing that re-creation. If they could already ignore the UFOs breaking the orbital laws of physics and such, I'm not sure how much they would be swayed by that, but kudos to the author, it's a good re-creation from a quick watch, though I didn't study it in fine detail to look for tiny differences.

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arbitrageur
Interesting. I'd be interested to know if anybody changed their mind about whether the video was a hoax or not after seeing that re-creation. If they could already ignore the UFOs breaking the orbital laws of physics and such, I'm not sure how much they would be swayed by that, but kudos to the author, it's a good re-creation from a quick watch, though I didn't study it in fine detail to look for tiny differences.

This isnt fake

There are 2 other videos showing the same formation on the same day.

Whats going on or what the motivations are who knows. Maybe they are asteroids
edit on 10-4-2020 by Rancidmilk2go because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Rancidmilk2go

Could you point those videos to us?

Thanks in advance.

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: TritonTaranis
This is embarrassing
No the lighting on the UFOs should not move or fade...they’re above the Luna surface illuminated by the sun right they’re not self illuminated
They should remain solid bright in the sunlight, and blink of instantly entering the shadow

You're right this is embarrassing. You clearly have no idea what you are talking about. Maybe you are the creator of this video since your logic is just as flawed as the video?

I know the objects are not self illuminated, they are lit by the Sun and reflecting sunlight. That means as they curve around the Moon, the angle between them and the Sun should change, and so should their reflection of the Sun. It doesn't change, therefor its fake...

No, they should not "blink off instantly entering the shadow". You are forgetting how large the Sun is. It is NOT a point source of light.

Do you even know what a penumbra is? You and the hoaxer obvious don't...

The UFOs have to pass through the penumbra before it reaches the umbra....

Above is easier to understand. It is a sunset from the International Space Station. It is a time lapse and would normally be much slower. The point is, because the Sun is so large, and the Earth is round, the Sun doesn't just "blink off". More and more of the Sun is blocked by the Earth, and so the light from the Sun gets smaller and smaller. This causes the ISS and other orbiting bodies to fade into the shadow of Earth. It doesn't blink off.

Why didn't they pass through the penumbra???

Judging by your response that the UFOs should just "blink off" you seem to agree with me that the UFOs in the video do "blink off". Now that I have proven the UFOs should NOT have just "blinked off" and they should have FADED OFF (like real orbiting bodies do) I would take this as a victory over ignorance and hoaxes.

3) the UFOs do not vibrate move around and jump because as you state motion tracking, the “shadows” appear to move around due to passing over rough terrain and are further wobble & distorted because of viewing through earths atmosphere, this is pretty obvious but still you’re pulling mental gymnastics 🤸🏼‍♂️

4) same as above, it’s not mistakenly added motion blue lol, it’s the atmosphere and terrain

5) please bring on the rest of these ridiculous explanations they’re absolutely staggering

Since you don't have even a basic grasp of physics and or an understanding of light, I don't know if I should venture into the more advance computer graphics and animation topics such as 3 and 4.

I have already debunked this UFO video now TWO TIMES. I will wait to hear you reply before moving on to 3 and 4.
edit on 10-4-2020 by More1ThanAny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Looking at this crops strait from the film and morethanany1 altered images it’s clear the only hoax is his images lol

I would suggest you don't accuse me of manipulation. Before I make you look like a fool. I've downloaded the source video from YouTube, exported the frames directly, and scaled them using "nearest neighbor" interpolation (which retrains pixel color data and only makes the pixels bigger). I can tell you the exact frame I got them from as well. I have not altered anything by any means besides adding my own notations.

I would appreciate it if you don't accuse me of something I am actively fighting against - lies and manipulation.
edit on 10-4-2020 by More1ThanAny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 08:33 PM
link   

The main reason why I was debating this with you so much...We know that Red Green Blue is white. The mix of Just Red and Green is Yellow. So taking a light wave in the yellow spectrum since it is a mix of red and green you can then get white light again mixing in the right amount of Blue. So with a Yellow light wave of 580nm and mix it through 520nm of blue and again you will get white light. Again, we know that about colors, nothing new. What I was getting at... maybe there was a possibility that white light was causing the shadow to be more profound. With what they call Harsh light (more direct) shadow become more pronounced and darker. As with angles of the Sun changes you get shadows casting further out across a gradient fashion. So you have a very bright white light surface with a very dark profound shadow. I am not sure if that is even possible. Since we don't really have a reference to go by. No other videos of satellites or rocket capsules passing by the Moon on clear blue sky day. It's good there are people like you around here at ATS we need more of you. So thumbs up on that. Anyways, I'll shut up now and watch the on the sidelines.

edit on 10-4-2020 by sean because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Pulled it off very well.

Considering the original video faker likely already had the tools on hand to make the video, it probably didn't take him quite as long.

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Face it man... They don't want to hear the truth. They just want it to be real so badly that they will ignore anything and everything you say. No matter the evidence.

Sounds like politics, doesn't it?

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rancidmilk2go

originally posted by: Arbitrageur

This isnt fake

There are 2 other videos showing the same formation on the same day.

Whats going on or what the motivations are who knows. Maybe they are asteroids

Probably all made by the same person.

But sure.. They're not fake at all..

Would you be interested in an anti-gravity machine I just built? 150k and it's yours. It only works on the moon, though. Oh.. And uh.. It's very fragile. It'll cease to work if it comes in contact with air. So be really careful!

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: TritonTaranis

The picture is a snapshot from video. I stopped the video right as the shadow passed by close to the craters shadow. I circled the ufo's shadow and craters shadow parts that I took a sample from showing the colors. They were all very close to each other in color. That shadow streak is from the second ufo, the one in the middle which is closer. I wanted to see if the colors where the same with another similar shadow near it for reference. However, as mentioned by More1ThanAny1 fake imagery can have a transparency to it. It doesn't render the mouse pointer for some reason when I did a screen grab.

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 09:31 PM
link   
CGI is getting so good that there will be a time no one can tell. We're at the moment now kind of. You can look up youtube video's on this topic and they are really good images. Even other experts fooling each other, it's crazy. Using fruit like apples 2 being real 3rd being fake. They setup a studio just to get the shadows etc all correct. With the techniques used they take actual pictures of an apple and overlay onto a 3d image. Well.. when they do that of course people can fooled at first glance. So good that you have to use software to determine if the fake is a fake now. You can understand how dangerous that can be if used in a nefarious way. Like the little boy who cried wolf and when the third time came around, little Timmy went missing and became lunch from the real wolf.

edit on 10-4-2020 by sean because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Would we be able to see the penumbra on an image with some much light in it? Wouldn't the camera make those intermediate shadows less visible so it could show the brighter areas?

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: sean

CGI has been good enough to fool everyone for a long time, now is just easier to do it, as before you had to make most things by hand.

And don't be fooled by magic software systems that show if some image is true or fake, it's just not possible to know.

PS: read your messages.

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 10:15 AM
link   
The other video cgi creation the shadows are little goofy and there is one spot where the bottom "ufo" looks as it had a glitch or something weird happen, like it blended, or disappeared there for a moment. Just as it entered that rough mountain range area to the left. Man that took 12 hours to make that?? Wow... that is like creating a masterpiece and someone comes along and pisses all over it.

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

youtu.be...

Here is one. 4th video ive seen in the last 2 weeks. Same sort of size..same sort of formations and speed.

I'm pulling my telescope out tonight. I wanna debunk this cause its been on my mind..with all this pandemic crap going on
edit on 11-4-2020 by Rancidmilk2go because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join