It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Intelligence in evolutionary branches?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 03:33 AM
link   
I'm not looking for a discussion about darwinism or creationism.

What I'm wondering is

Why havent there been other evolutionary branches that evolved similarly intelligent beeings like the mammal branch did?

After all the fishes are around for a long long long time, compared to mammals, even compared to reptiles.
Why have reptiles, fishes, and birds, evolved their physical strengths and not their mental capacities?

What if they did?
How much more advanced would they be, would they look like humans or very similar?
Is this form the best template for any being to experience this reality?

So many questions...

Sincerely NC

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 03:41 AM
link   
a reply to: NoConspiracy

It is survival of the fittest, not survival of the most intelligent.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 03:43 AM
link   

first - we dont know just how inteligent // dumb other species really are

we use various " tests " - mostly problem solving . but

2nd - a hyper inteligent fsh - has almost no advantage over a dumb fish -

the higher primates & great apes [ inc humans ] - have dexterous hands and oposable thumbs - so we can use advanced inteligence to do things

a fish thats figured out that a net will catch its prey for it - cannot build the net - so its inteligence has not helped it - thus the fish does not have an advantage over over fishes - allowing its branch to prosper

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 03:50 AM
link   
a reply to: moebius

Didn't our intelligence make us the fittest?

I would dare to say our intelligence brought us to the top of the food chain in the material world, but are we really at top of THE food chain?

Sincerely NC

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 03:53 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Yes that's obvious im more interested why we don't see a similar evolution where the body and the mind of any other animal evolved the way it did with humans.

Sincerely NC

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Mermaids come to mind, aren’t they smart fish type people

Oh, wait a minute?

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 04:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoConspiracy
a reply to: moebius

Didn't our intelligence make us the fittest?

Not necessary. It depends on the environment.

I would dare to say our intelligence brought us to the top of the food chain in the material world, but are we really at top of THE food chain?

Sincerely NC

We are at the top of the foodchain because there is a food chain. Most of earths biomass are plants, followed by bacteria. Only a tiny part of it are animals. And an even tinier part are humans. And we need that biomass to exist.

Our big brains burn a lot of energy, need a lot of food. In an environment with little food we would not stand a chance agains simpler/dumber lifeforms.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 04:10 AM
link   
""I'm not looking for a discussion about darwinism or creationism"" ....... well there-in lies the answer you are after. Same as Eddy Murphey's la la la la

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 04:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

There is no such thing as mermaids, can you explain why not?
Or are there?
Why did only the mamal brache evolve intelligence?

Still waiting...

NC

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 04:14 AM
link   
The reason is singular and under your constraints unanswerable.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 04:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

Ther is no answer as far as I'm concerned, just two theories that don't find common ground.
they are probably both wrong if they can not include the other in a harmonic way.

The right theory will be able to include all other theories.

What are you trying to say?

Murphy's Law

the facetious proposition that if something can go wrong, it will.

Are you saying humans are just that! something went wrong?

Why can't we see that happening in other evolutionary branches?
After all they had more time, hence more probability for something to go wrong?

Sincerely NC

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Humans have always been intelligent, we did NOT 'evolve' from apes, or anything else.

All species on Earth have always been the same species, from the start, and always will be those species, in future, if they survive as a species, that is.

The very idea that humans were a bunch of stupid apes, who 'evolved' into various forms of 'cavemen', millions of years later, and then 'evolved' into humans, millions of years after that, is completely ridiculous, absurd rubbish.

Many of those who claim 'evolution' is true, have claimed that every species on Earth is continually 'evolving' into other, new species.

There is absolutely no evidence for that claim, of course.

Several million different species exist on Earth today, as they did before, and none have changed, or indicated any change, once, in thousands of years.

That's the real evidence here, and it's absolutely conclusive proof. Opposed by nothing at all from their side, of course.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 04:31 AM
link   
I am saying that God/Creator has been taken out of the equation. If you want an answer it must be able to accept that a Creator made it so. Or you could go by saying there is no god and define the answer by those boundaries.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 04:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoConspiracy
a reply to: Plotus

The right theory will be able to include all other theories.

I see the problem here.

You have no idea what you're saying.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 04:39 AM
link   
a reply to: turbonium1

So we didn't evolve at all?
We were never barbaric and rude runing around half naked hunting and gathering, then became cultural and civilized. We just poped into existence as the culture we are now.

That explains alot

I'm concerned about the people who think we can't evolve, what if one does evolve would he have to burn on the stacks like all the heretics that proved Christian "science" wrong?

If God made everything as it is why is there still change?

Sincerely NC

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 04:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

I see the problem here.

you think to know the truth!

But can't word it properly.

NC

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 04:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: turbonium1
Several million different species exist on Earth today, as they did before, and none have changed, or indicated any change, once, in thousands of years.

That's like just watching a few seconds in the middle of a 3 hour film and telling everybody the plot doesn't make sense. A few thousand years is nothing.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 05:48 AM
link   

What is intelligence ? How do you define it ?

Let's imagine for the purpose of this thread that there is a virus that suddenly starts killing people around the world and leads to a pandemic. What is a virus ? It is a tiny "not even alive" thing with a diameter of around 100 nanometers, at least a thousand time smaller than a particle of dust. Is it intelligent ? No, not really. But is it very contagious and very efficient ? Yes, it is. So, what is intelligence ?

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 06:11 AM
link   

It was a bit of levity
I don’t believe in evolution or mermaids

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 06:16 AM
link   

First, who told you that humans are intelligent? Then, why did you believe it?

The important question is: what is intelligence (or wisdom)?

Mammals and specifically humans have only been around for a blink of an eye on the evolutionary timescale, while other species have managed to carry on for many millions of years (sea turtles approx. 150,000,000 years).

Currently, we humans are destroying many living species and threatening our own with our excessive demands on planetary resources. Does this really indicate intelligence?

Maybe our self-vaunting title, Homo Sapiens Sapiens (Man the very wise) will turn out to be sheer hubris, so that nemesis will put an end to our short chapter in the great story of life.
edit on 4-4-2020 by Tamsuan because: forgot a question mark

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join