It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Postal Service is Running Out of Money - Maybe R.I.P. before July 2020.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Why would they? The usps pays for itself with postage... The government bailouts out banks, i would be suprised if they didn't help the usps if needed.

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
The GOP conservatives want to kill the post office.

WE NEED THE USPS

The USPS first needs to show that it needs to be bailed out. Just asking for money isn't gonna cut it.

Heck, in this environment, even Mainstream Media Outlets are asking for bailout $$$ in the next package!

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 11:34 PM
link   
A while back the GOP tried to destroy the Post office by making them pay exorbitant retirement money early and that almost bankrupted them.

It was deliberate sabotage

Post Office Forced To Cut Saturday Delivery Due To GOP Sabotage

Before the law passed, the USPS was not in any debt. About 70 percent of its losses can be traced directly to PAEA, as the postal service works continually to deliver new gains in productivity, reports Esquire’s Jesse Lichtenstein in his must-read exposé of the war on letter carriers, “Do We Really Want to Live Without the Post Office?”

….but the budget crisis was created purposely in 2006 by TextPostal Accountability and Enhancement Act (PAEA), which mandated the funding of 75 years of pension obligations within 10 years. The same law prevents the service from raising tax rates to fund the pensions.
www.nationalmemo.com...

No business in the world could survive a mandate from the government to pay out $5 billion a year without the ability to raise its rates,” American Postal Workers Union President Cliff Guffey said on Ed Schultz’s radio show. “Anyone would go bankrupt

Congress -- not email -- destroyed the Postal Service
The oft-maligned U.S. mail is actually quite well-run. Politicians steered it into the ditch

GOP Congress. And Trump is trying to do that too.
edit on 11-4-2020 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I think Amazon needs to pay more!

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter
I think Amazon needs to pay more!

I think the government should pay Amazon to manage it. They world make it efficient.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 08:42 AM
link   

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

The institutionally useless nature of congress is to blame for the long term problems faced by the U.S. Postal Service. Their gross negligence in not transforming the U.S. Postal Service into a State Owned Enterprise (SOE) is glaringly apparent. In particular, the focus on SOE's operating on a commercial basis is relevant to this discussion. (Incidentally, NZ Post is an SOE).

Beyond the prominent issues of health care, immigration and infrastructure is it any wonder the American public hates their legislators? In the last decades, congress nothing to place their national postal office on a commercially viable footing.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 09:02 AM
link   
What happens with the multiple 'books' of Forever Stamps I have squirreled away ??

i guess 'forever' means life-of-USPS

ETA

yeah... the USPS should have ceased the use of high-priced, Air crafts and used the AmTrack System for bulk postal material, transport

along with adopting the Polices' 'precinct' model to process the delivery of mail to individual households instead of hybrid jeep vehicles on 'Routes' that are Plums of easy work....
edit on th30158687384314172020 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join