It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida unemployment

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
They don't call Florida the Redneck Riviera for nothing... I mean, we also have Florida Man. Vanilla Ice is from Florida for God's sake.

I am sure Florida has it's moments, but as a state, there really isn't much to write home about. I say this as I grew up in GA and been to Florida more times than I can count.

When I think of Florida, I think of retired blue hairs, trailer parks, cheap spring break motels and t-shirts, theme parks, and chain dining.

Don't you be dissin' Shoney's, dissin' Shoney's is fightin' words down there

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

When I think of Florida, I think of retired blue hairs, trailer parks, cheap spring break motels and t-shirts, theme parks, and chain dining.

Those are all the tourist areas. Very ugly I agree.
The off the beaten path places are like paradise

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

Those are all the tourist areas. Very ugly I agree.
The off the beaten path places are like paradise

I'm sure there are some hidden pockets. I mean, every state has them I just wouldn't say Florida is known for it's natural beauty. It is a friggin swamp and humid as a steam shower....

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
a reply to: JAGStorm

Fountain of Youth? You don't mean Warm Mineral Springs in North Port, do you? That's what I've always hear referred to as the Fountain of Youth in 25 years of residence down there.
I thought they closed that down to the public a couple years ago?

No it is a different place. I think the locals have confused the public on purpose to keep this place hidden/local. The water I was in was cool, but it was the most refreshing soul feeding place I’ve ever been. You don’t get that vibe from looking at it, you have to be in the water and feel it. Sounds crazy but the few ppl I took there agreed. Cool but not cold, absolutely refreshing like ice tea on a hot day quenches you. Other worldly.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Florida native here. I was born, raised, and still live on the Space Coast.

The state has pros and cons just like anywhere else.

That said, whatever happens here in the future, I will have a front seat and report back.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 04:06 AM
link   
I’ve lived in Florida most of my life with a few years in the U.K Dotted throughout. I’m in the u.k. Now and I’m starting to miss it back home again I must be nuts lol. There are indeed nice quieter beaches in FL such as new Smyrna beach, 45 mins from where I grew up. It is crazy though , I lived in central fl near Orlando (longwood, Apopka area) and it used to be quiet. We had WekiVa springs down the Road Which was easy to access for a relaxing break or kayak. Now it’s pretty much packed all the time with people discovering it on the internet.

I hope my fellow Floridians are all holdin up well...

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Its no surprise you think your experience somewhere is just how it is, no attempt or realisation that your narrow view is only a tiny little glimpse into the experiences and places and people within them.

edit on 4-4-2020 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Florida and beautiful don't go in the same sentence for me.
Flat, sandy, and most of the flora reminds me of a deformed pineapple plant.
I hate the ocean and the heat..... only good for deep sea fishing.

If your state doesn't have towering oaks, sugar maples, and 4 seasons then you have missed out on true beauty.

But yeah, your right. This would hit them pretty hard.
All kidding aside, I have family in Miami. They will be in the thick of this nightmare.
I wish they were here in the Rural Northeast with me.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join