It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida unemployment

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I love Florida, I lived there several years.
It is one of the most beautiful places on earth.

If there was ever a place where the sh*t is going to hit the fan it is there...
I actually think it is going to be worse than New York and the bigger cities.

nymag.com...

its laid-off workers received no more than $275 a week in unemployment benefits...He could either raise taxes on businesses to maintain the program or slash benefits for workers amid high unemployment to maintain low taxes on businesses.

He chose the latter. With hundreds of thousands of Floridians out of work, the state’s overwhelmed system is making it nearly impossible for many people to even get in line for benefits.

People in Florida are Craaaazyy. We already know that. The state has been flooded by tons of people relocating.
There is a huge elderly population. There is a huge homeless population. There is a huge drug problem. It's about to get hot, real hot, and we know
what that does to crime rates.
Now with Corona, mix all those things together and add no money for food/rent...
I am truly praying for them all!

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

You have to be completely mentally deranged to think Florida is one of the most beautiful places on Earth.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: trollz

You have to be completely mentally deranged to think Florida is one of the most beautiful places on Earth.

Nope.
There are many places in Florida that are off the beaten path. Most of those places are only known to locals. They are breathtakingly beautiful. I even visited a place where I understood the meaning of "fountain of youth"
I was in water that I can only describe as almost magical.

I have visited and lived all over the world and the United States, I have seen mountains, oceans, forests, lakes, rivers, deserts. Seen them all. Florida still has many of them beat.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Don’t forget the “predicted” storm season is supposed to be REALLY bad.... at least 4 major hurricanes

Stay safe

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Dyslexia post error ??
edit on 3-4-2020 by midnightstar because: (no reason given)

every thing i type got deleted some kind or error disregard this reply ty
edit on 3-4-2020 by midnightstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 05:32 PM
link   

If there was ever a place where the sh*t is going to hit the fan it is there...
I actually think it is going to be worse than New York and the bigger cities.

nymag.com...

its laid-off workers received no more than $275 a week in unemployment benefits...He could either raise taxes on businesses to maintain the program or slash benefits for workers amid high unemployment to maintain low taxes on businesses.

He chose the latter. With hundreds of thousands of Floridians out of work, the state’s overwhelmed system is making it nearly impossible for many people to even get in line for benefits.

People in Florida are Craaaazyy. We already know that. The state has been flooded by tons of people relocating.
There is a huge elderly population. There is a huge homeless population. There is a huge drug problem. It's about to get hot, real hot, and we know
what that does to crime rates.
Now with Corona, mix all those things together and add no money for food/rent...
I am truly praying for them all!

I'm please that you are praying for them. How about all the other people affected?

What is the point of this post?

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 05:48 PM
link   

While I agree with you I have to ask you to please not share the locations of those remotely located and hidden places.

We folks out here in the woods are already being locked in and surround by the development of newly constructed cities, created to take advantage of what once was a well kept secret. Don't ruin it for those that are still flying under the radar.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

If you don't want to participate in this discussion then why even bother typing a junk reply like you did?

The OP is right, I live in Florida it's a madhouse. Good thing I'm moving out of state this month!

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 06:03 PM
link   

If there was ever a place where the sh*t is going to hit the fan it is there... I actually think it is going to be worse than New York and the bigger cities.

Well thank god the warm weather will make it go away.

/sarcasm off

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Why, did you get thrown in jail there after a heavy night of drinking?

See how silly that sounds? It's as bad as you saying Jag is mentally deranged. Florida has some of the most beautiful beaches and 'glades in the world. The only drawback for me is it's difficult to breathe there in August and they have creatures that bite, swallow or sting you to death all over the state. Aside from that, the rest of what Jag said is correct.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

What is the point of this post?

The point is I believe there is going to be mass social unrest. Much more so there than other places.
I hope people are prepared.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

While I agree with you I have to ask you to please not share the locations of those remotely located and hidden places.

We folks out here in the woods are already being locked in and surround by the development of newly constructed cities, created to take advantage of what once was a well kept secret. Don't ruin it for those that are still flying under the radar.

I won't.

Good luck and stay safe

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Even having been to Florida only a handful of times, you'd have to be crazy to NOT see the beauty.

It's so crazy, like a tropical paradise that no one ever appreciated enough to not cover it in asphalt and trailers.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 06:23 PM
link   

its laid-off workers received no more than $275 a week in unemployment benefits...

In Louisiana we get $245 a week before taxed.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Granted, I've only been to Florida twice, and I didn't do much more than visit my Dad in Spring Hill, but I thought that much of it was tourist crap.

Traveling from Orlando to Spring Hill, I found the rural country side much like Michigan with oaks and pines, except the oaks were covered in Spanish moss and most of those were quite old. There are apparently 12 types of palm trees native to Florida, but to me, the palms I saw seemed forced onto the landscape, purposely planted to give a more exotic feel. This only made it seem like Hollywood or Vegas hype to me, esp. in town.

I'd say that for me, a pre Civil War era southern plantation would be the true "personality" I associate with Florida, the beach scene and palm tree hype seems like a small part of what Florida is. Southern Florida and the keys, never been there, but that would likely be different I'm sure.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten

Why, did you get thrown in jail there after a heavy night of drinking?

See how silly that sounds? It's as bad as you saying Jag is mentally deranged. Florida has some of the most beautiful beaches and 'glades in the world. The only drawback for me is it's difficult to breathe there in August and they have creatures that bite, swallow or sting you to death all over the state. Aside from that, the rest of what Jag said is correct.

I disagree, I live in Florida. It's an ugly trash state full of the color green and terrible water. The best beaches in florida aren't even "off the beaten path" they are major tourist locations like Sanibel -- and they are trash beaches.

I don't get the allure, some people like simple, and Florida is that. Simple. One season, all green, all the homes are prefab developments and apartments....

There is just nothing nice here but the weather when it's winter. For the whole 2 and a half months of the year.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 07:00 PM
link   
All the seniors are basically not effected monetarily since we are on fixed incomes, now all the service people is a different story.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Not born there, but raised & technically Floridian by vast majority of years of life lived there. It's got it's pretty spots, absolutely, Desoto National Park in Manatee County is naturally gorgeous with it's mangrove walk path tunnels for example, but I do agree it's not really the prettiest place around overall. I consider Michigan (where I am now) to be a vastly underrated & unsung example of nature's breathtaking beauty. There is something to be said for a Great Lakes forest taking your breath away, or a heavily wooded shoreline.

All I can really tell you with any truth is I'm glad I don't live down there anymore. We were effed entirely when '08 happened, and we'd still be effed if we'd tried to ride it out longer down there. Moving across the country based on a lie was the best thing that ever happened to us -- we can ride this out in MI (my grandmother asked for us to live with her to help her in her old age and wanted to move to MI, where she was from, from FL -- but did not tell us she had terminal cancer and might die a few months after we got here)

A crash is going to send FL to its knees again. It's a tourist state, it doesn't weather this crap well. Never has, never will.
edit on 4/3/2020 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Fountain of Youth? You don't mean Warm Mineral Springs in North Port, do you? That's what I've always hear referred to as the Fountain of Youth in 25 years of residence down there.
I thought they closed that down to the public a couple years ago?

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 09:34 PM
link   
They don't call Florida the Redneck Riviera for nothing... I mean, we also have Florida Man. Vanilla Ice is from Florida for God's sake.

I am sure Florida has it's moments, but as a state, there really isn't much to write home about. I say this as I grew up in GA and been to Florida more times than I can count.

When I think of Florida, I think of retired blue hairs, trailer parks, cheap spring break motels and t-shirts, theme parks, and chain dining.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join