It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Pre-Shelter-in-Place EO Errand Run Today, a Surreal Experience.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Did you go to Ulta? How was it there?

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

When they start limiting to 10 people in the grocery store, my husband will go. Sorry, I have zero patience with this. I feel like standing there with a bunch of people is unnecessary. I feel it will expose you more. If I see people with masks on, I will just assume they are sick and avoid them.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: billxam

That's exactly what I keep saying. If people would listen to the suggestions, and monitor themselves, then there wouldn't be the need for direct requirements. I am not one of the high risk people, but I am taking this seriously because of the possibility of infecting others who are.

My dad is in a nursing home, has heart disease, diabetes, cancer, and is in his 70s. All risk factors. Plus, he's been sick on and off with a cold or something, and at one point needed to have nebulizer treatments 5 times a day! So when I heard about this covid stuff in January, I was very careful when I went to visit.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Spray the cash with Lysol ... to be extra safe ?

leolady

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 09:16 AM
link   
As an addendum to my experience yesterday, and the screenshot I posted last night:

Next week, Walmart will "institute one-way movement through our aisles" in a number of stores, Smith said, with direction from store staff and floor markers "to help more customers avoid coming into close contact with others as they shop."

Now they're telling which way to #n walk inside the stores themselves.

Absolutely insane.

While most Walmart stores have two entrances, stores will use a single-entry, which in most cases will be at the grocery entrance, Dacona Smith, executive vice president and chief operating officer, Walmart U.S., wrote in a blog post.

Shoppers will be directed to the entrance "where they will be admitted one-by-one and counted," Smith said, noting store staff and signage "will remind customers of the importance of social distancing while they’re waiting to enter a store."

"Once a store reaches its capacity, customers will be admitted inside on a '1-out-1-in' basis," Smith said.

Who knows how long people will have to wait in line.

Link

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: liliththedestroyer

True, the whole family shouldn't go to the store right now, especially high risk people.

I get it that not everyone has the luxury to leave the kids behind, though.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: billxam

The biggest issue seems to be that people aren't heeding advice about distance. The last time I was at the store a few days ago, they were milling about and seem (to me) to be adopting a "no, you move out of MY way" attitude. I also observed a group of employees A. Much closer than 6 feet and (more importantly) B. Totally blocking an entire aisle.

I saw the same things, actually.

One employee was stocking paper towels on one side of the aisle, the other employee was chatting him up on the other side of the isle, only 3 feet between the stock cart and the shelves, a woman with a buggy standing and waiting next to the stock cart, and I need to get through. There is no way to get through and still maintain "6 feet" distance. # it, and get out my way. So I hurriedly went between all of them, probably as close as 2-3 feet.

Same with entering the store. People taking their damned time like they're strolling in the park. I'm not waiting for your slow ass, so I'll walk past you, a few feet away. Hurry up or move! Don't block the whole damn aisle.

as someone who has nearly died from a coronavirus - had I not been in the cardiologists office when my heart stopped, I wouldn't be writing this.

Glad you're well and recovered.

edit on 4-4-2020 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Think about standard store shelves in general. There is no way two people can pass each other in the aisle and maintain 6 ft. It just doesn't happen. There isn't any way to maintain 6 ft even walking along the end caps of the aisles in most stores too. So you more or less relying on everyone in the store with you to know precisely what they are after, to go into an aisle, pick up their item and move on in a quick and orderly fashion.

Now, think about how the average person shops. And I am by no means completely immune to some of this. People will park a cart in the aisle and shop around (this is me) looking for the best buy, people will stop and make phone calls, people will amble up and down the aisle looking for several things or clearly have no clue where the item they're looking for is.

And if you need something down that aisle under these rules, your option is to either break the distancing or stand in the end cap aisles and wait ... and wait ... and sometimes wait even longer. Meanwhile, you're clogging that aisle up so that anyone around you who wants to get by can't without also breaking the social distancing rules too.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: billxam
When the talk turns to how this is rather communistic in how we're being forced to do these things, remember the people did it to themselves by not using the common sense that comes with being a human being.

Nobody owes you anything. Or me, for that matter. Just because I'm in the high risk group by default doesn't mean squat to me, and doesn't justify upending everyone else's life to "protect" me. It's our own jobs to look out for ourselves, not the governments, not everybody else's, OUR job.
Blaming people for doing normal things within normal parameters doesn't make you right, it just makes you come off as controlling and part of the bigger budding commie problem at large.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: leolady

Can't hurtthats for sure, it won't remove the stigma for some people though.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join