It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3M CEO Sells Masks To Other Other Countries FIRST Because They Pay CASH

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Moelson
Where does 3M get their paper from? Correct me if I'm wrong, but a little research will tell you that it comes exclusively from Canada. As does quite a bit of Power, Water amongst many many other things?

Yup. Including maple syrup and the incorrect version of Canadian bacon.

And 1000-1500 health care workers that commute daily from Windsor to Detroit. And I understand that on the weekend, the U.S. held up 3 million masks at the border. That can work both ways.

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: shawmanfromny

This is why Trump should have leveraged his wartime production powers and commandeered these corporations in the first place. The incompetence is staggering.

Hard to do when most production is overseas to the US - you know, global trade and all that. How do the US commandeer a production facility in China?

And, to be honest, such actions would have serious repercussions when this is all over. A simple example using 3M - the manufacturing base in China has the ability and expertise to make these masks so could simply make their own and the rest of the world, annoyed at US protectionism during the crisis, could sign up to the new Chinese company. 3M would lose most of it's customer base and subsequently go bust.

Now extrapolate that through each other sector of the economy - it would be a major problem for America and one the rest of the world wouldn't be interested in helping with.

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Creep Thumper

a reply to: Creep Thumper

There is no ambiguity in this situation. You either have your country's best interests at heart or you don't.

Based on his words and actions up to this point he doesn't. His interest lies in his ego, his reelection bid, and the health of big corporations.

What a disgusting statement. You are clearly biased and ill-informed.

Obama emptied the nation's cupboards. He hates the United States. He tried to destroy us in every way.

Now we have a president who has filled our cupboards and put our enemies on notice.

You clearly hate our country. You will not give credit where it is due. Trump was on this pandemic issue in November with an EO to address the deficiencies in our nation's response to pandemics.

Behind the scenes the appropriate agencies have been updating policies and procedures and working on topping off the national stockpile as it relates to medical equipment and supplies.

Why must you people keep spreading fake news?

If you think the economy was bad as a result of Obama, then simply put: you have no idea what an economy is, or how a good one looks.

It's you people who hate your country. You're anti-American and should be ashamed of yourself you spreading BS.

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 09:42 PM
link   
ALL the paper comes from Canada.

edit on 03 30 2020 by Centsay because: grammer

edit on 03 30 2020 by Centsay because: Shortened

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 10:16 PM
link   

This is why Trump should have leveraged his wartime production powers and commandeered these corporations in the first place. The incompetence is staggering.

That's funny, if he would have done that, you'll just turn around and say he's dictator and that wasn't needed. You always side against anything he does or find something to pick apart. It's always Trump should have or could have done this and that.

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: RetsuUnohana

I praised Trump when he finally invoked the Defense Production Act, and was frustrated when he had no plan for the procurement and distribution of PPE, allowing for biding wars, price gouging and hoarding.

Invoking the law is an empty gesture if the president won't leverage it.

edit on 6-4-2020 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 11:55 PM
link   

a reply to: RetsuUnohana

I praised Trump when he finally invoked the Defense Production Act, and was frustrated when he had no plan for the procurement and distribution of PPE, allowing for biding wars, price gouging and hoarding.

Invoking the law is an empty gesture if the president won't leverage it.

If bombs were being dropped on us, i'd agree with you since that situation you have to move rapidly and most would never react anti Trump if NY was bombed and half the CA went missing in a nuke strike.

Now we're back to square one. When he enforces anything, he gets hit with power hungry, racist or over stepping. Now he knows M3 can't be trusted to do the right thing. If he would have done that, based off the last 4 years i'd say the media/left would do again.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 12:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: mzinga

More fake outrage. It faux wants a story and they are so pissed direct that rage to their president. Go capitalists!
Why don’t you go ahead and try to order some masks on amazon... I dare you !

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join