It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3M CEO Sells Masks To Other Other Countries FIRST Because They Pay CASH

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Trump is a little pissed off at 3M, as he should be.

The CEO of 3M said Friday his company is maximizing its efforts to get respirator masks to U.S. health workers fighting the coronavirus, pushing back on what he called President Donald Trump’s “absurd” suggestion that the manufacturer was not doing all it could.

“Nothing is further from the truth,” CEO Mike Roman said on CNBC’s “Squawk on the Street” after being read Trump’s tweet slamming 3M “after seeing what they were doing with their Masks.”

www.cnbc.com...

Statement by 3M that came out today:

Over the last several weeks and months, 3M and its employees have gone above and beyond to manufacture as many N95 respirators as possible for the U.S. market. Yesterday, the Administration formally invoked the Defense Production Act (DPA) to require 3M to prioritize orders from the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) for our N95 respirators.

news.3m.com...

As many as possible for the US market? LIARS...Why don't you explain that to Jared Moskowitz, the director of the Florida Division of Emergency Management.

This clip should make every American PISSED off:

MOD NOTE. Please Read
edit on Sat Apr 4 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

More fake outrage. It faux wants a story and they are so pissed direct that rage to their president. Go capitalists!

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: mzinga

Fake outrage? Tell that to healthcare workers in the U.S.

PS...Trump already knows

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Wait...you know US did the same Canada and France to the very least right?

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 03:11 PM
link   

This is why Trump should have leveraged his wartime production powers and commandeered these corporations in the first place. The incompetence is staggering.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Suppose someone has got to keep the economy going, that seems to be what most on American ATS users are concerned with.

Glad we have a National Health Service which we all appreciate here in the UK, where medical need comes before profit.

Whatever you believe with the seriousness of C19, you cant fault the commitment from the frontline staff

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 03:13 PM
link   

The President could have stopped this with the DPA. So now we get mad at 3M for being republican.

You don't find this ironic?

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

I'm listening on the radio to the president meeting with several of the CEOs right now. Not sure if 3M is one of them.

link   
a reply to: LoveSolMoonDeath

Americans don't care. It's just that simple.

link   

I say revoke their ability to do business in the country.

Im not buying those masks. I will make my own.

Everyone who is trash talking political parties, is an asshole.

Its dumb.

edit on 3-4-2020 by HelloboysImbackguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

Americans don't care. It's just that simple.

That's a pretty big brush you are using to spread your crap with isn't it?

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Confiscate the CEO's and Executives wealth & assets and seize the PPE's for the government.

It can all go to combating the virus.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

He is so AWESOME. I'm sure he will take full responsibility for letting 3M doing what businesses do which is enrich their shareholders.

This was all under his control, but now we are pissed at 3M for being a business. I just don't follow right logic here. Nevermind though, Trump doesn't ever make a mistake.. Even when he does his followers will whatabout it in a circle so he doesn't have to take responsibility.

This outbreak by no means was his fault.. And no president could have handled this situation perfectly, but his ineptness continues to double down daily and make a bad situation worse.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp
How f&$#_g hypocrite...www.google.com...

We should work together on this, or else we're no better than the chinese government lying about virus threat...

edit on 2020 4 3 by LoveSolMoonDeath because: Typo

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Every country has been doing this... including bidding on stuff sitting on the tarmac.

its disgraceful, but its apparently the new normal since we all stuffed everything into china we could.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

The reactions I have seen about this is telling me a story that there is no more compassion. This whole thing is really bringing out the true nature of people.
3M is being quite honest, and people are still throwing them under the bus. What did they do wrong? What did other places do wrong by wanting to buy masks and then have them stolen right from under their feet? It's insane.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 03:26 PM
link   
This is sickening, our government sets specifications on products they buy to meet standards that 3M meets to support an American company. We might as well get them from China now and fine 3M a Trillion dollars to teach them a lesson.

They could at least have given half of what they were producing in this emergency. They are under the impression that they are more important than the USA, we need to set them in their place and seize all their assets, this is a national emergency.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf
Not the new normal...the new low. For christ sake, unify effort/disponibilities/industrial strenght of concerned countries. We are just this selfish and so short sighted in 2020? Gee, they did better in ww1&2, starting a freaking hundred years ago

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

How on earth can you all direct your ire at 3M? If you don't want them acting like a business then you need to use DPA plain and simple. The reason I say fake outrage is because it is misplaced.

You cannot claim you are a capitalist and get upset over this behavior. Or you can, but you just look like a fool.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
a reply to: Krakatoa

The reactions I have seen about this is telling me a story that there is no more compassion. This whole thing is really bringing out the true nature of people.
3M is being quite honest, and people are still throwing them under the bus. What did they do wrong? What did other places do wrong by wanting to buy masks and then have them stolen right from under their feet? It's insane.

Do you know the government has overpayed for 3M products for thirty years to help this company develop, setting the standards and paying more to make this company grow?

I remember having to buy certain products that only 3M was able to meet the standards. It cost twice as much as the same product of another American brand. I do not know who 3M bribed back then, but they owe us big time, they got twice as much for their products when government programs requirements stipulated which the taxpayer funded. Back in the seventies and eighties I had to review and authorize the purchase of products for our agency, much of the products had to be 3M because they were the only one that complied even though the others were better.

I have no compassion for 3M, the damage to the environment that company did was extensive too, but some in the government looked the other way, I guess they greased a lot of palms to get that big.

Fine them a Trillion dollars and seize their factories, they would not be that big if our government and our taxpayers had not helped them grow.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join