It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Arrested For Paddleboarding In Malibu ALL BY HIMSELF

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Dem's Commiefornia

Like everything left and democrat, whether coronavirus or water shortages, the objective is ALWAYS to MAINTAIN THE PROBLEM for as long as possible, not solve it.

Solutions are not the Dem's objectives, ever.

Control is.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: vonclod

Looking to past topics, there have been those who have said, in effect, "ignore the police and pay the consequences."

("Hands up. Don't shoot?")

Recently that sentiment seems to have changed. Interesting. Now it's ok to disobey the authorities. Interesting.

If the guy had gotten out of the water it would have been the end of it.

Sure, I can agree, one is not going to win defying orders from the police/w.h.y. I would question the reason..social distancing..in the ocean alone? But best to comply, the reason is a moot point I guess.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Because if he gets to do that, tons of other people will too, and then we're back to crowds at the beach.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 06:14 PM
link   

a reply to: shawmanfromny

He broke this law.

Disobeying a Lifeguard 17.12.115 LACC and Violation of Government Code 8665.

Under what authority was the lifeguard ordering him out? We've established there was no reason under the stay at home rules. He was taking outdoor recreation and practicing social distancing that is allowed per the Governor.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Just had news here in Australia that the USA has 300,000 positive cases of corona.

Here’s to one of the dumbest breeds on the planet

Cheers 🍻

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 06:16 PM
link   

a reply to: opethPA

We should ignore policemen and others with law enforcement powers whenever we don't like what they say.

Not a good plan, in general.

But muh freeze peach!..

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kromlech
Because if he gets to do that, tons of other people will too, and then we're back to crowds at the beach.

Well then no one gets to go jogging, hiking, or visit any parks anywhere because if a few do it, then everyone will and we have crowds of people again ...

So why did they give people the opportunity to do it in the first place? So they could change their minds suddenly when it suited them and arrest us for doing what we thought we were allowed to do?

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Don't worry.
He'll have his day in court.

Still, if he had gotten out of the water, obeyed the "cop", there would be nothing to talk about. Would there?

But let's just ignore cops. That's a good plan. Is that what you do?

edit on 4/3/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: Kromlech

Well then no one gets to go jogging, hiking, or visit any parks anywhere because if a few do it, then everyone will and we have crowds of people again ...

So why did they give people the opportunity to do it in the first place? So they could change their minds suddenly when it suited them and arrest us for doing what we thought we were allowed to do?

Joggers and hikers aren't concentrated in droves or crowds, like beachgoers are.
edit on 3-4-2020 by Kromlech because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

If I get pulled over tomorrow for no reason as far as I can tell and the cop decides he wants to strip search me, I should just comply then?

You know, after all is said and done, I'll have my day in court.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Kromlech

You're right. Runners never get stacked. Besides, we're talking about paddleboarding, not lying around on the beach.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 06:20 PM
link   

If I get pulled over tomorrow for no reason as far as I can tell and the cop decides he wants to strip search me, I should just comply then?

I know cops pull people over. It's happened to me, actually. I complied. Do you run away when it happens to you?

Have you been strip searched after being pulled over? I haven't been when I've been pulled over. I would protest over that, but the cop can indeed pull me over.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Why was the paddleboarder pulled over (out of the water)?

What was he doing wrong?

Usually, when you get pulled over, you're doing something wrong. There is a reason for it, but by all accounts, he was out there all by himself, taking outside recreation which is allowed by the rules set by the authorities, and there was no one else anywhere around.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Usually, when you get pulled over, you're doing something wrong.
That may be your experience. Apparently there are some who have a different experience. Which was the point I was making here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

But apparently you think it's a good idea to just keep driving rather than obey the authorities.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Well, shoot, Phage, you're right. They were perfectly justified and he should have been shot dead.

He was clearly a danger to the public health out there on his paddle board, and even though there was no mandate to do so, they ought to have plowed him six feet under. They were lenient.
edit on 3-4-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 06:29 PM
link   

They were perfectly justified and he should have been shot dead.
No. I don't think lifeguards carry sidepieces. He should have obeyed the authorities.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Don't worry.

Still, if he had gotten out of the water, obeyed the "cop", there would be nothing to talk about. Would there?

He would have still gotten a Misdemeanor for violating Gavin Newsoms order

The man, who was not identified by authorities, eventually made his way to the beach, where he was arrested on suspicion of disobeying a lifeguard and violating Gov. Gavin Newsom’s stay-at-home order, a misdemeanor. Photographs from the scene show the man in handcuffs being led down the beach by two deputies

Also he was arrested on suspicionof disobeying a lifeguard.
edit on 3-4-2020 by Observationalist because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Observationalist

Or not. I think the chances are better that the lifeguard would have just said "Go the f* home."
twitter.com...

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: HalWesten

You go where the surf is.

Surf > all.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Observationalist

Don't worry.

The man, who was not identified by authorities, eventually made his way to the beach, where he was arrested on suspicion of disobeying a lifeguard and violating Gov. Gavin Newsom’s stay-at-home order, a misdemeanor. Photographs from the scene show the man in handcuffs being led down the beach by two deputies

All these orders are somewhat vague. You are allowed to go for a walk, get food, get exercise so long as you keep to the 6' rule, , as I understand this.
edit on 3-4-2020 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join