It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was there a need to kill the world economy for this??????!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Anathros

Thanks for that addition Ana. I see your point and mark it.
But around these parts at least, globaliization is used to refer to some power structure that lies beyond the control of the people of any nation, one that is in the hands of some form elite that want to rule the world.

From your quote above '' a complex and multifaceted phenomenon, globalization is considered by some as a form of capitalist expansion which entails the integration of local and national economies into a global, unregulated market economy.''

Yes, there we have it. Kind of a natural melding of national economies. However, as much as I would not mind it coming about as described in that quote, I don't know as that is what we will see. It may take that form, or that face but what I think we will see is more in the form of orchestrated imperialism.

While on the surface, there is the UN which might have been the vehicle of a global world, it has not lived up to those hopes of those founders. Rather the only structure we now see on an international scale is the international corporate structure. From this wwe can likely see the expansion of capitalism, but capitalism in it's most vicious form so that the hope of an unregulated market economy will turn out instead to be highly regulated.

Hell, what we may see coming our way is the demise of capitalism as it is all bought up by the richest corporations so that we end up with a feudal system instead. People working in company towns and buying from the company store.

I think we are all grasping at straws here Ana, at least I know I am as evidenced by this post.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

Your numbers are off a little. If the US consists of 330m population, than 5.5% would equal 18.5m. Or 2.2m would be 0.6%

But that does constitute a number of individuals, either way.

Spanish flu eventually infected 25% of the world's population.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: proximo

Saying that at this point is completely ridiculous. The vast majority of people will be able to go back to their jobs quickly when the lockdown is over. 

There has to be demand.

People might return to work, but if nobody gets a tatto, then tattoo artist are out of work. If people wear their tennis shoes a little longer and dont splurge for a new pair every month, demand drops.

This is causing people to re evaluate what is important to them. Extra money will most likely be saved instead of spent. People are realizing that they didn't have enough of a safety cushion for harder economic times.

I do not share your enthusiasm of a quick rebound. The demand has to be strong for sales to be strong.

Sales have to be strong for investors to invest in the market. Investors are already shaky and confidence isn't earned overnight.
edit on 3-4-2020 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Anathros

I thought they backtracked on all those models though.

Let me say this, the virus is scary but the world's reaction to it doesn't fit the threat it poses. I'm not a doctor or an economist. I have no PhDs and I'm probably not as intelligent as half of you. I'm a Joe Nobody. I just have a sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach that something larger is taking place and not knowing only makes it worse.

exactly
this has totally killed my brain its gone into overdrive figuring out whats going on, why im not going out, what day it is, why do i have zero on my schedule
i just feel foggy in a dream like state
like in a limbo

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 02:34 PM
link   
People are dying and it spread like wildfire

You basically have to chose economy over people. If you go with the economy it will collapse just not as fast.

If there is something going on I'm not sure we are in any position to stop or do anything about it. This virus represent a clear and present danger

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: liejunkie01

Sales have to be strong for investors to invest in the market. Investors are already shaky and confidence isn't earned overnight.

I pulled everything out of the market. I have no confidence in anything the trump administration does anymore. This is why.....

www.politico.com...

only a fool would think everything will return to "normal"...

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

I pulled everything out of the market. I have no confidence in anything the trump administration does anymore. This is why.....

www.politico.com...

I agree, there are many different moving parts with our economy. People think it is like a switch, on and off. It takes many years of positive gains to have investor confidence.

Being in the construction industry, I am hoping that we have a massive building and construction boom, from tax incentives or help us, a government program to promote construction, I hope it doesnt come to more government crap. Otherwise I dont see the construction industry continuing on a positive note for very long.

Without construction the economy is as good as dead.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: liejunkie01

originally posted by: olaru12

www.politico.com...

Without construction the economy is as good as dead.

The economy runs on small business.

I closed my store and laid off all my employees. In fact I gave the business to my employees that helped me when I was just a start up and even paid for their LLC. The longer the quarantine last, the more small businesses will not reopen.
The pathetic stimulus check won't even pay a small portion of my accrued debt while shut down.
edit on 3-4-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I guess the answer to the OP comes down to what are you willing to sacrifice first, people in your lives that could die to this or financial stability if you lived check to check or you could safely expand that to month to month at this point.

The battle-lines have been drawn so I don't think anyone is going to convince anyone to change their minds as to if you are a CT or a science driven person around this situation.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

Oh ya the lines have been drawn. The pandemic has attacked our weaknesses in many ways. Not only is it killing people it’s dividing people. The divide started when the state of emergency was announced in the states a few weeks back. People been going bonkers ever since. I am starting to get fatigued been sitting at home and just working for a few weeks, I want to see a end game plan coming to fruition to be honest.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: FredT
People are dying and it spread like wildfire

You basically have to chose economy over people. If you go with the economy it will collapse just not as fast.

If there is something going on I'm not sure we are in any position to stop or do anything about it. This virus represent a clear and present danger

Oh how much easier it would have been to shut down ships and airplanes vs shut down the entire planet.
And they knew this was coming.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Anathros

I thought they backtracked on all those models though.

No. That was a thread here that was factually incorrect. The people that produce most of the predictive models for the CDC were asked, by the Administration, to produce a series of models ranging from best case to worst case. The 2.2M dead in the U.S. was worst case. Dr. Bix had been citing the best case model (which assumed a nation-wide lock down and that everything would go perfectly). The models haven't changed. Based upon the recent numbers were kinda in the middle right now.

I understand why you feel that way. We've never faced anything lie this. No one has a frame of reference. So, instead, we look for explanations we CAN understand... even if they're wrong. Remember, at one time, the moon was a hole that daylight shown through.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 03:55 PM
link   

The masses of humans are becoming primal, so few are critically thinking..

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: InterplanetaryHobo

Your numbers are off a little. If the US consists of 330m population, than 5.5% would equal 18.5m. Or 2.2m would be 0.6%

But that does constitute a number of individuals, either way.

Spanish flu eventually infected 25% of the world's population.

COVID is not the flu. It's not even related to the flu. It shares the same basic symptomatology as pretty much every other respiratory disease. Do you ever remember any flu causing a shortage of medical supplies. have we ever run our of ventilators?

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 05:54 PM
link   
"This"

"This"

"This"

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: PandaPrincess

How about you go expose yourself to the virus and then let us know how bad it is.

Same goes to many other people on this site.

For the record, I don't really want anybody to get sick, or worst, die from it.

But a lot of people here are crying like it isn't snip.

So go prove it. Go get it, and let us know how it goes.

edit on 4-3-2020 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Nothing 300 pushups and situps wont cure...then a nice 2 mile walk..a reply to: PandaPrincess

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

Some proof here, maybe, small nuggets... People are dying "with" coronavirus, but not necessarily "from" it. So we are being fed misinformation?

Quite a long vid but hey, people have the time at the moment, right?

edit on 3-4-2020 by markymint because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Speaking as a microbiologist, in answer to the OP: No, the impact on the economy is not worth it.

This is a case where 95% of the prevention has been worse than the disease. The 5% where it has been worth it should have been the population centers... and we see how they have been doing.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer
a reply to: PandaPrincess

How about you go expose yourself to the virus and then let us know how bad it is.

Same goes to many other people on this site.

For the record, I don't really want anybody to get sick, or worst, die from it.

But a lot of people here are crying like it isn't snip.

So go prove it. Go get it, and let us know how it goes.

I'd do it in a heartbeat, if they'd let me walk through a ward.
edit on 3-4-2020 by Teikiatsu because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join