It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sham Food "Crisis"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tulpa
I have more respect for those who quietly and anonymously make donations to good causes.

Sometimes my mum sends me money for xmas and birthdays.

I give it to the red cross who helped me when I was starving and on my last legs.

I haven't told her I do this so she keeps indirectly donating. lol

She never helped me when I needed it but still demanded free holidays with me here in France.

Last donation was 100 euros, the red cross were amazed but we had a great conversation about where it came from.

Thanks Red Cross. I will never forget how they helped me even to the point of opening their centre specially to provide a box of food. I guess crying from hunger can have that effect.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

🇺🇸...land of the free...

What a joke.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets
I would entirely ban food banks. We already have food stamps but I would also take that away.

Have you been to a food bank? Have you seen how they operate? They put together boxes of food that are loaded with nutritious staples and balanced meal plans. They maintain large warehouses and networks that can distribute those boxes both locally and to smaller, rural communities. It's quite the efficient operation. One of the reasons they work so well is that they're set up and run locally, not nationally by some lumbering federal agency.

It's really hard for me to understand why you want to ban them.

ETA: Because they have an idea of who they're preparing the boxes for, based on registration, they can also make an effort to account for the dietary needs of the people they're helping. Not everyone can just safely eat the average MRE.
edit on 3-4-2020 by Gandalf77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Point taken and fair play to them.

My aim was at the ones who do like to make it known how generous they are.

& Nerbot respect to you sir.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Oh, that sham food.

Disgraceful...

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Oh boy you're really out of touch with what goes on in this world .

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Oh boy you're really out of touch with what goes on in this world .

Really Interesting because I'm probably one of the few that have literally traveled around it and lived in a couple dozen countries. Could it be the other way around? Those that have not been anywhere or done anything in other countries projecting like they are in touch? There is a high probability that is the case.

Give the homeless MRE's. If it's good enough for US Soldiers it's good enough for them. Take it or leave it. No food stamps, no food banks. Get rid of all of it. All it's doing is enabling many of them to do drugs. Oh, and get caught trying to sell them and straight to jail. For anyone knocking my solution I say to you we tried it your way. It failed. Why not try something else for a little while and see how it goes. I don't think that is too much to ask. Try it on a trial run in one city with drug problems. I feel 100% confident it will be successful with less ability to barter for drugs.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Good enough for U.S soldiers you say, remember when they were used as guinea pigs to test the affects of radiation produced by atomic bombs ?

When you say tried it my way and didn't work, what are you talking about ?
edit on 3-4-2020 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Good enough for U.S soldiers you say, remember when they were used as guinea pigs to test the affects of radiation produced by atomic bombs ?

When you say tried it my way and didn't work, what are you talking about ?

The homeless problem is getting worse due to enabling effects. They are using food stamps and other hand outs to barter with for drugs. I would eliminate that piece. Just food in a bag. Take it or leave it. Can't sell it for drugs. It's really not that hard. Remove the enablers and much of the problem takes care of itself. I know this is hard for people to accept but food banks and meals for homeless is doing way more harm than good. If it worked then why is the problem getting worse.

Give them MRE's and problem solved. Everyone working at food banks and food stamp offices can now go get real meaningful jobs than truly benefit society.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 07:38 AM
link   

The homeless problem is getting worse due to enabling effects. They are using food stamps and other hand outs to barter with for drugs. I would eliminate that piece. Just food in a bag. Take it or leave it. Can't sell it for drugs.

It's clear to me that you haven't thought this one through properly, like, at all.

For those that are addicted and do trade food stamps for drugs, do you think that they'll simply kick the habit when that supply stream is removed or restricted?

No, of course not, they will simply revert to aquisitive crime.

When that happens, it is likely to reach out and touch you personally.

Watch your stuff.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I live in metro Detroit, and it's pretty common to see someone outside the supermarket looking for someone that wants a 2 for 1 deal. 50 cash gets you 100 food on their card.
edit on 4-4-2020 by acackohfcc because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets
It's plenty enough.

I'd tell you to come down and help at the kitchen where I volunteer but I don't think you have it in you.

Of course he doesn't have that in him. He doesn't even have it in him to name the survey panels he claims to have managed to bank a grand a week with that he keeps throwing out there as an easy money solution for others. Still keeps posting it, but so far has conveniently avoided elucidating for me when asked.

My takeaway is that topic troll gonna troll topics, even his own.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join