It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Care workers 'shocked' by virus treatment guidance, Euthanasia?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Do Not Resuscitate the old. is this a cull?
In the UK the are euthanizing the old if they get sick!
if you are over 75 they will not give you hospital care.

the NHS UK has been cuting back hospital support for years.
now this plague (normal flu) happens they dont have the space.
so they let the old die!
so many cut backs! now they Cut back the Old.

"The document spells out that many vulnerable people
may not be admitted to hospital for treatment
if they contract the virus"

"care manager was deeply concerned that residents
and families are being Pushed to sign the forms"

"One care home manager in Hove told me their GP
had even told them "none of your residents
aged over 75 will be admitted to hospital"

Coronavirus: Care workers 'shocked' by virus treatment guidance

edit on 3-4-2020 by buddha because: why not

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Terrible state of affairs but if the young die there isn’t anyone to care for the old anyway.
I dunno no winners really.

a reply to: buddha

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 12:50 PM
link   
This is nothing new for socialized medicine

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 12:59 PM
link   

While it's very sad that DNR papers are being encouraged the thread title and your post are both absolute fabrications and belongs in the hoax bin.

The article says absolutely nothing about euthanasia. Do not resuscitate orders have been around for a long time.

It's shameful that as bad as things are people are making up sensationalist lies to make it sound even worse.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 01:03 PM
link   
This is going to be a hard pill to swallow, but here are some statistics starting to emerge. While I do not agree with simply giving up on anyone who is in that age range who comes down with this virus and gets severely ill, the numbers are starting to back some aspects of the reasoning here.

Some info snippets from the world.

Most of Israel’s coronavirus fatalities have been elderly men with underlying medical conditions, in line with global averages.

The average age of Israel’s dead was 79.8 years old as of Thursday afternoon.

Apparently the author of this piece had trouble getting accurate information on just who was dying. We know that younger people can get severely, even critically ill from this, but who is most likely to die from it?

The top is one piece that was gleaned from an article out of Israel.

Dr. Hans Kluge, head of the organization’s office in Europe, said recent statistics showed 30,098 people had died in Europe, mostly in Italy, France and Spain. More than half of Europe’s dead were over the age of 80.

Here are some numbers pulled out of Europe. Most of the European deaths are over 80.

So right here, we're starting to get a sense that this thing kills off the elderly really easily if they get a bad case of it.

These are stats pulled from my local news. The county just south of the one I live in is a hot spot in the state of MO with 172 cases. As you can see, of the 7 deaths so far, 6 are in people over 70.

Given what they perceive the numbers will be and what the numbers are elsewhere, the UK has simply decided to throw in the towel on those cases before they even happen. Like I said, I disagree with that, but that's what a socialized system does.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: buddha
Do Not Resuscitate the old. is this a cull?
In the UK the are euthanizing the old if they get sick!
if you are over 75 they will not give you hospital care.

Did you all get Obamacare too? This is basically the same thing of when the state runs it all people are no longer individuals, but be come a number with acceptable losses seen as a win.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Do you know what euthanasia is? It seems like you don't.

Many elderly people sign themselves they don't wish life prolonging measures. There are even some that got that tattooed on their chest.

About 70% of the elderly in care homes have dementia. That means you can't explain to them what's happening, because they forget it a second later, which means you have to fixate them causing terror and stress for both sides. Besides the loss of orientation because of the new environment new routine etc.

Now if they're fragile, with other serious conditions, hospital staff has a lot more patients than usual and a lot less time, is it really worth it?

What would you prefer, die in peace where you feel save with dignity, or get tied up to a strange bed, with hostile faces around you stuffing hoses down your throat alone in terror and agony?

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I'm going to say the really bad thing that kind of makes sense but makes you feel awful to actually consider it. If you are 60 or older, it is smarter to let you die in a crisis than risk an entire hospital being infected. Insert Thanos meme here.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Nothing peaceful about death by asphyxiation.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Where did I say peaceful?

It's still a difference if you go in panic or in familiar surroundings.

edit on 3-4-2020 by Peeple because: add

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Reading compression. Hate seeing it's extinction.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 02:34 PM
link   

The board of General Motors had a meeting to discuss how they could cause their retirees to die sooner, because they were becoming so expensive to the company.

It was secretly tape recorded, about 6 years ago.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 02:36 PM
link   
The vast majority of health care people have had zero training in triage and its grim realities.

I have such training and will do it if called be it this or a MCI, but I'm 100% sure I will not be the same after.

If it gets to that point, we will be asking First Responders, Doctors and nurses to play god, flying spaghetti monster, or whatever deity you believe in

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 02:56 PM
link   

I filled out DNR forms after I lost my insurance because of the ACA. Glad people got insurance but have hated the government ever since they cost me mine.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 06:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

While it's very sad that DNR papers are being encouraged the thread title and your post are both absolute fabrications and belongs in the hoax bin.

The article says absolutely nothing about euthanasia. Do not resuscitate orders have been around for a long time.

It's shameful that as bad as things are people are making up sensationalist lies to make it sound even worse.

eu·tha·na·sia
yo͞oTHəˈnāZH(ē)ə,ˌyo͞oTHəˈnāzēə
noun
the painless killing of a patient suffering from an incurable and painful disease or in an irreversible coma.

Is it really a stretch to call it euthanasia?

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Canada, where we kill you when your old.
America,where we kill you when your poor.
🤷‍♂️

edit on 7-4-2020 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join