It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What When & Where: missing products on store shelves

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 11:33 AM
link   
What items are missing from your local grocery?

We are .... three weeks into lock-down mode.

some groceries limit milk (1) eggs (1 carton) and toilet paper (1 pack). For about a week there was no meat at all; now there is chicken, ground beef and a few cuts, either steaks or roasts.

No snack crackers (goldfish)
very little loaf bread

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Graysen

I'm worried less about missing stuff and more bout the banned stuff... the states of VT & MA just deemed seeds and a ton of other products as non-essential and banned their sale, even though they are in stock... you know to keep us safe from having too many people in the store.

www.newswars.com...

in my area there is still no pasta, canned veggies, frozen veggies or TP

milk eggs and bread still seem fully stocked.
edit on 3-4-2020 by smkymcnugget420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 11:36 AM
link   

In Europe, I've only seen spot shortages. One day, sure enough, all the rolls of TP were gone from one store. But that store, even in normal times, was slack about inventory management. Occasional thin pickings of fruit and vegetables.

Seems more even now (the shortages were about two weeks ago). I hear Europe may be facing food shortages because of a shortage of labor to work the fields. That probably only affects selected crops that have to be hand-picked, like the asparagus in Germany.

Cheers

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Stores around here are fully stocked, fortunately.

However they started only letting in 2 people at a time. So you have to line up outside the store. Kind of annoying.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

I suspect a labor shortage will have a lot more far-reaching effects. Even though American farm production is highly automated, a skeleton crew is needed to run the computers, fuel things, check for irrigation, fertilizer leaks, etc. Most ag operations here involve less than 5 full-time employees. If one of them calls in sick, that's a a quarter of your labor force.

A further issue may be oil refining. both that and ag rely on OTR trucking to deliver product. if truckers get compromised...

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Jefferton

Tuesdays and Thursdays 7-8 am are reserved for the elderly and immune compromised. Under the idea that those old folks get up with the chickens.

I get up with the chickens. I have to feed them and get the eggs. My dad who is 80+ sleeps til 10:30.

I think it's just the grocery admitting that it doesn't have any business at that hour, may as well let the old feebs ramble around the store for an hour....

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Food Lion is hiring!

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 11:46 AM
link   

They've done that here too, only every day. I'm an early shopper, and waiting until after 8 may seem like not a big deal, but I'm finding it very restrictive..

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 11:47 AM
link   
The stores around me just increased their regular stocking orders.
Some items are now overstocked.
Life is good.
At least for now.

edit on 4/3/20 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 11:48 AM
link   

add to the list:
yeast to make bread

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 11:50 AM
link   
If meat is short, try fish .Nobody seems to be buying fish (except in tins).

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Food Lion is hiring!

What started as a part-time , keep herself occupied , job for my wife has turned full time of late.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 11:51 AM
link   

the states of VT & MA just deemed seeds and a ton of other products as non-essentiala reply to: smkymcnugget420

You neglected to mention that the only seeds banned are hemp seeds.
The article linked shows Walmart chose to close off non-essential aisles- including the garden and toy departments- to keeps people from roaming the aisles and putting each other at risk.

Even though people are told to only go out for essentials, all too many aren't paying attention. There are many, many places to purchase seeds online, which would be a much safer option in our current circumstances.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Tp, haven't physically seen in weeks, I'm sure it's coming in, and being snatched up. Canned/jarred good's hit or miss, meat as well. They have put 1 or 2 per person restrictions on meat and paper, can get meat, still no paper..wtf?

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
If meat is short, try fish .Nobody seems to be buying fish (except in tins).

I bought some tuna steaks on sale, never had a tuna steak, looking forward to it.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I was searching for a food pantry in the area, just in case..
I usually do most of my shopping through wal mart food pick up. Basically ran out of money last last month so I had to wait till money came in...last night at midnight or so.
So. Today i went to finish my Walmart order that I started yesterday. Yesterday there was no fresh hamburg or chicken, no soups, not much of anything really...
Today, theres everything!! So, I made up a decent order...
Went to check out, and all the time slots are taken.
So, well, will try again around midnight tonight. But it wont surprise me if it's all gone by then.
I'm really getting tired of this crap. I am pretty sure I dont have the virus, but that doesnt mean I dont have enough of the symptoms present to scare heck out of others. I really shouldnt be in a store. But well if it's a choice between that and starving... well sorry!!

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Sorry for the double post..

This may have been a computer glitch since I also have this thread listed twice on my subscribed list??

edit on 3-4-2020 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-4-2020 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Food Lion is hiring!
haha, my inlaws live in VA. too, you just reminded me, my Aunt refers to Food Lion as Food Skank

no opinion, just a funny memory

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Hello everyone.
about 40 miles North of Dallas Tx here.
Have only seen a scant offering of tp/ paper towels twice. Pasta, rice, flour, yeast, bleach, alcohol, sanitizing gels/wipes all out for weeks (at least by the time I got there) OTC pain meds are low but findable. Meat has been out almost completely a few times except sausage, but did see some cuts and ground beef the other day. Eggs were slim but you could find them, same with milk. I finally scored a chicken-woot!

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I've said this before. No matter where in the country you live example:- Starcrossd. There has not suddenly been an influx of new people in your area, a few thousand people have not suddenly moved into the area. You get my drift. In your area or anywhere else you have the same number of people than you had last week or last year. So the need for any provisions are the same as a year ago.
Yes you get people panic hoarding, buying a months provisions instead of the usual weeks, but then these people will not be buying for the following 3 weeks. So why the shortages.As for meat shortages, why, the production of meat, on the farm, is not multiple people so they can't say mixing with a large group.
Transportation's the same and the abattoirs are the same. Then the transport to the supermarkets is the same. 1 or 2 people at the most. So where does the problem lie

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join