It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jared Kushner :: U.S. Stockpile 'ours'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
He doesn't have a clue how to manage strategic stock pile

Wait.... Do you? To make such a Subject Mater Expert claim?

I actually work for a CEO that doesn't know how to fly a plane, even a 172, WOW! She doesn't have a clue being a CEO of an aircraft company... She must really suck...right?

edit on 3-4-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 11:44 AM
link   

a reply to: Gothmog

Again. I heard the words coming out of Kushner's mouth. He doesn't have a clue how to manage strategic stock pile and is vomiting out excuses and blaming governors for his father in law's and his own ineptitude.

Jared Kushner has no business speaking on behalf of the US stockpiles and how vital supplies are procured and distributed. So he say's "They're ours! Not yours. Go out and buy your own, bid against other states and countries!" And then FEMA swoops in out bids them all. "They're our! Not yours!" What an ass!

In the meantime, Jared and company scramble to try and figure out pandemic policies that Trump scrapped 2 years ago, to save money.

What would Hillary have done different?

Cuomo is asking for every doctor, nurse and ventilator in the USA to report to New York City immediately!

That makes sense to you I bet doesnt it?!?!?

Lolz🤪

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

The governor of Michigan, following Trump's assessment that governors were on their own and needed to procure their own supplies, so they're there, on the open market, bidding against states and countries for vital supplies, made a purchse, cut a check, and then FEMA swooped in and took it from them. And Jared Kushner has the unmitigated balls to stand up there and say "They're ours!"

Is that how your company was expected to operate. Pfft off!

edit on 3-4-2020 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

What Jared really meant is that he doesn't a clue what the hell is going on, or how to mitigate the resources, so he's blaming the states' governors, and protecting himself and Poppy Trumples.

What Sookie "meant" by this statement is she loves Trump and wants him to be king for life.... Hey this is fun, I can play the "meant" game too.

Every bit as much evidence for this statement as their is for sookie's claims of what Kushner meant.

That is to say there's 0 evidence for both.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Scepticaldem

Cuomo is asking for every doctor, nurse and ventilator in the USA to report to New York City immediately!

That makes sense to you I bet doesnt it?!?!?

Lolz🤪

Come to NYC and screw the rest of the country, they don't count....

He is grandstanding like all politicians do, even in a crises. The bottom line is there is a reason why my State of Washington that was ground zero has leveled off and NYC is exploding new cases, and that is because we took it seriously very quickly and NYC from the Goverment there to the people on the streets didn't.

Now they are paying the price for their ignorance and indulgence. I'm not saying not to help them as much as possible, but that doesn't mean to screw everyone else over. Hopefully Trump and team can overcome their failures and fix what they created, I'm sure Cuomo and Blasio will say it was all them.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 12:01 PM
link   

a reply to: Gothmog

Again. I heard the words coming out of Kushner's mouth. He doesn't have a clue how to manage strategic stock pile and is vomiting out excuses and blaming governors for his father in law's and his own ineptitude.

Jared Kushner has no business speaking on behalf of the US stockpiles and how vital supplies are procured and distributed. So he say's "They're ours! Not yours. Go out and buy your own, bid against other states and countries!" And then FEMA swoops in out bids them all. "They're our! Not yours!" What an ass!

In the meantime, Jared and company scramble to try and figure out pandemic policies that Trump scrapped 2 years ago, to save money.

You really should have taken my advice on how to save face.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 12:04 PM
link   

a reply to: jtma508

The National Strategic Stockpile website literally says that it's there for the states!

But, when Jared says it's "ours", what he really means is that is "ours" to play political quid pro quo games with....like "that woman" in Michigan!

Or perhaps wanting proof that there is truly a need,and they're not pulling a Coumo (saying they had no vents, and magically finding their 'misplaced' stockpile) ensures no state bogart's them.

I'm glad somebody is at least trying to enact some oversight and accountability.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 12:07 PM
link   

The governor of Michigan, following Trump's assessment that governors were on their own and needed to procure their own supplies, so they're there, on the open market, bidding against states and countries for vital supplies, made a purchse, cut a check, and then FEMA swooped in and took it from them. And Jared Kushner has the unmitigated balls to stand up there and say "They're ours!"

You have such a way to reword things to fit your beliefs... change or add a word here and there...good job!

Here is what she said...

“We the states are trying to actively get every piece of PPE that we can. We're bidding against one another, and in some cases the federal government is taking priority,”

“But we've got to keep working to get all of these other pieces of equipment and when we're bidding against one another, it's creating a lot of frustration and concern,” Whitmer said. “And that's exactly what I was trying to convey ...

During her CNN interview, Whitmer downplayed the spat. Whitmer also noted that she had good communication with Vice President Mike Pence, who is heading the Trump administration's coronavirus task force.

Where in all that is your point the White House is actively attacking her state by preventing supplies? So Trump called her out for not acting quickly enough and now she is playing catch up as we see her state's numbers (mainly the beautiful city of Detroit) go up. A part of this is her need for damage control.

edit on 3-4-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=25080030]jtma508[/pos

The trouble with your raving partisan rant is that the Blue State Governors have repeatedly defended President Trump and his response. Both Governor Cuomo of New York and Governor Gavin Newsome have made statements affirming how the President has been responsive to the needs of their respective States and the request they have made.

Newsome in an interview on CNN said he would be lying if he were to say that Trump has not met every request he has made and that the President has personally answered every phone call he has made. Governor is also on record as praising not only the federal response but in how the President has responded.

True to the nature of politics, Cuomo has recently criticized the federal response even as the largest Navy Medical ship docked in the harbor in an effort to relieve stress in local hospitals. This ship has a thousand beds with the staff and supplies to accommodate that number of patients, to date only 3 patients are utilizing the facilities available aboard the Navy vessel.

As for Kushners words on the Federal Stockpile of supplies, he is correct that those supplies are for the national response, not just New York or just California. Governor Cuomo was caught sitting on a 11 thousand supply of respirators while criticizing President Trump and demanding more, never mind there are areas that are already utilizing the respirators they have in service with more needed. It makes little sense to send more respirators while so many are not even being utilized and that other areas are in need of them now, to save lives, but I suppose we can just shrug and let those people die so we can in hindsight criticize the other political party.

One needs to educate yourself to the facts and just stop politicizing an unprecedented world wide event. And frankly, this is still open to debate if it is truly unprecedented. The actions of some are indeed most unprecedented and this strain of virus appears more virulent than others, but consider that the CDC prediction of over 59 thousand deaths this year alone from the yearly virus we know as the flu, statistics provided long before the Covid break out, I think we can see that its not unprecedented at all, although the end of Covid is not yet nigh, it’s not close to the repeated projections yet, and that we can be thankful for.

This President just as past admins from both sides have made errors. 9-11 we are told could have been prevented, the current dependence we have on China could have been derailed if not named favored nation trader. This President was called a racist when he made what is now called an important factor in preventing the spread of Covid when he first shut travel to China in February. The two most powerful people in the other party called it a xenophobic and racist action. Now, they claim the move was not enough, and lest we forget those same political oligarchs also encouraged people to ignore this President and to continue as normal as this virus is not a threat.

In hindsight, it is of course much easier to look back and criticize. This is non productive during a crisis, but the same political oligarchs who continue to spout nonsense and profit from tragedy have a legacy of never allowing a good crisis go to waste. They haven’t, they have daily sound bites to criticize and of course both dangerous political entities have made millions. Hindsight is good when used after in actual hindsight and not to criticize and blame, instead it should be utilized to learn how we can improve, advoid, treat, respond, etc.

The political oligarchs and their minions in the media have yet to offer any solutions towards improving the outcome of this tragedy, only criticism and foaming at the mouth sound bites which they hope will improve their chances of regaining control and power and money, every opportunity to criticize but not one from either side has actually rolled up their sleeves to change anything, instead they take a two week paid vacation, managed to stuff provisions in an emergency relief bill that raised THEIR income and extra expenses to cover THEIR cost, sold THIER stock before informing anyone of the impending financial disaster they created, and you bought it hook, line, and STINKER. After all never let a good crisis go to waste, RIGHT ?

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

You have such a way to reword things to fit your beliefs... change or add a word were and there...good job!

Here is what she said...

“We the states are trying to actively get every piece of PPE that we can. We're bidding against one another, and in some cases the federal government is taking priority,”

“But we've got to keep working to get all of these other pieces of equipment and when we're bidding against one another, it's creating a lot of frustration and concern,” Whitmer said. “And that's exactly what I was trying to convey ...

During her CNN interview, Whitmer downplayed the spat. Whitmer also noted that she had good communication with Vice President Mike Pence, who is heading the Trump administration's coronavirus task force.

Where in all that is your point the White House is actively attacking her state by preventing supplies? So Trump called her out for not acting quickly enough and now she is playing catch up as we see her states numbers go up. A part of this is her need for damage control.

How dare you interrupt this partisan sideshow with facts.

These people make me sick, trying to exploit a serious emergency where people are dying to try to gain political advantage. Just like every time there's a shooting, yay let's exploit these dead people to push gun control.

#ing sick people man.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 12:16 PM
link   
the reason florida got what it wanted is because our state government knows better than new york or new jersey what to actually expect, what to request, who to talk to and has more experience dealing with the government stockpiles. florida deals with disasters far more often than most states and is much better prepared for this kind of situation.

all these people making this about politics need to stop and realize they know next to nothing about how the sytem works, you can't just demand what you want, you get what has been allocated based on relative need, florida knew exactly what it would get and didn't demand more.

the government isn't a charity and i don't get why so many expect the federal government to do everything, this is a union and not a unitary state that controls everything like a well oiled machine. hell before 1999 this stockpile didn't even exist as a tool to help states, it was solely meant for the federal government agencies in the event of a nbc attack on the US.

what he meant by our is the federal government because they don't have to help the states, it's not obligated to do so and they expect the states to take care of themselves in most things, not ask for handouts. the private sector is far more capable of supporting their needs anyway so they really don't need to be using the federal stockpile anyway, they're just trying to save money by not having to buy stuff and are whining about what they do get, who complains about free stuff?

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Same thing happened here in MA. Multiple times. So Gov Baker worked through some local Chinese business organizations, located a supply in China, and Robert Kraft volunteered the Patriots jet to fly to China and pick them up. You may have seen it on the lying, evil MSM. Those 1.2M N95s are being distributed --- today --- to MA and NY hospitals.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJMSN
One needs to educate yourself to the facts

Great long post, but this right here is the big problem. You're talking to people who are fanatically dedicated against becoming informed on any political topic. Their angle is just to push whatever narrative they are told to advance the agenda. The facts of the matter are inconsequential to them.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

These people make me sick, trying to exploit a serious emergency where people are dying to try to gain political advantage. Just like every time there's a shooting, yay let's exploit these dead people to push gun control.

#ing sick people man.

All these big cities less than a month ago had the Mayors and Governors saying don't worry be happy as President Trump canx flights from China to be attacked by these same people as being racist and xenophobic.

Then the SHTF in their big cities as everyone just kept doing what they actually said to do, and now they are all on full damage control pointing fingers saying "not me".

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: namehere

Look, it isn't complicated. Trump stood there in front of the microphone and said that Pence shouldn't even bother calling the governor of MI because she doesn't show him appreciation. So, if you run your tongue around Trump's sphincter --- like DeSantis does --- you get whatever you want even after you resist stay-at-home advisories and let thousands of people party on your beaches.

A charity??? Who TF do you think PAYS for that stockpile? It's there for OUR use. Your logic (sorry, it isn't even logic) is ridiculous. You are clueless. The Feds stockpile this specifically for something like this. If not, EVERY state would have to invest massive amounts of money to stockpile stuff they may not ever need. The way it's supposed to work --- which is baked into their mission statement --- is have ONE stockpile that is shared by ALL the states. It's no f'ing 'handout'. We all paid for that stuff. Jesus. The abject stupidity on this site is breathtaking.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: DJMSN

Nice logical post 100% agree...

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 12:28 PM
link   

That's not what I said. I am attacking the Trump administration's constant shifting of responsibility and blame, usurping supplies and then putting Jared Kushner on the soap box telling everyone the strategic supplies are "ours", get your own act together!! I'm attacking the ineptitude of this ego driven administration's game playing and deflection.

edit on 3-4-2020 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508
a reply to: namehere

Look, it isn't complicated. Trump stood there in front of the microphone and said that Pence shouldn't even bother calling the governor of MI because she doesn't show him appreciation.

And, right after that, he said Pence does call them and they are sending Michigan aid.

You guys literally had to make up what Kushner said to make an issue out of this. Just like Schiff had to make up an alternate transcript of the Ukraine call.

Trump does plenty of legitimate things you can criticize. When you criticize EVERYTHING, it just becomes white noise and people tune out. Average people are apolitical and they're sick of this partisan crying around every little thing. You're just being a partisan jackass and everyone can see it.

Keep it up, you're just solidifying support for Trump from people who otherwise might not vote for him. This kind of nonsense is what got me to vote for him in 2016. And there are lots of people like me. The more you guys cry over nonsense, the more we know we did the right thing. You guys think you're "resisting" and you're actually helping him. Good job.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 12:31 PM
link   

The National Strategic Stockpile website literally says that it's there for the states!

But, when Jared says it's "ours", what he really means is that is "ours" to play political quid pro quo games with....like "that woman" in Michigan!

And then they actually changed the language on the website to reflect what Kushner said.

The Trump administration just changed its description of the national stockpile to jibe with Jared Kushner’s controversial claim

Not surprising. Pathetic.

“And the notion of the federal stockpile was it’s supposed to be our stockpile,” Kushner said. “It’s not supposed to be states’ stockpiles that they then use.”

As reporters quickly noted, that didn’t match with how the Department of Health and Human Services was describing the program.

That language suddenly disappeared from the site Friday morning, as journalist Laura Bassett noted, and was replaced with something de-emphasizing the size of the stockpile and its role in helping states. The new description cast it as a “short-term stopgap.”

This administration is utter, incompetent scum.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 12:32 PM
link   

they didn't locate a supply, they bought it from a private supplier. the stockpile isn't a private company producing things so what did you expect?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join