It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So, Testing

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: scubagravy

No. There are positives and negatives in that number. That's the point.
The amount of testing is pathetic. 168,000 tests compiled by the Government. That's the point.

168,000 is very poor, for 300+ million.

In Australia, the under 20ks is our highest demographic of Corona positives. I believe we’ve tested over 100,000.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 07:11 PM
link   

The thing is there is testing going on but the CDC (federal government) is not part of it. The federal government is out of the loop. Leaving states to figure it out for themselves.

There are some who say that's the way it's supposed to be. But it isn't. Without a better understanding of the extent of infection and where it may light up next, the federal government cannot produce a coherent strategy except to say to the states, "social distancing." Until and unless the data is acquired and compiled by the federal government, they might as well not be there. Which is exactly what is happening. The states are for the most part on their own.

There could well be places where the social distancing measures are not required. But there is no way to know that without a meaningful nationwide database.
edit on 4/2/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

That is appalling, why on earth isn’t the CDC working with governments unless for nefarious reasons.

There is no c d or c in TEAM.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: scubagravy

That is appalling, why on earth isn’t the CDC working with governments

Take a guess.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 07:24 PM
link   

The CDC is an agency of the Administrative branch of government. The director was appointed by the president.

Where do you suppose the buck stops?

www.vox.com...

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Wow! Thank you for this thread - now I have a better idea why the CDC has been so incompetent...

Why do you think no one (specifically media) is calling them (/Redfield) out on the lack of competence?

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: lostgirl

I don't know. But give it time.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 08:45 PM
link   

The thing is there is testing going on but the CDC (federal government) is not part of it. The federal government is out of the loop. Leaving states to figure it out for themselves.

There are some who say that's the way it's supposed to be. But it isn't. Without a better understanding of the extent of infection and where it may light up next, the federal government cannot produce a coherent strategy except to say to the states, "social distancing." Until and unless the data is acquired and compiled by the federal government, they might as well not be there. Which is exactly what is happening. The states are for the most part on their own.

There could well be places where the social distancing measures are not required. But there is no way to know that without a meaningful nationwide database.

Exactly what I've been thinking. Look at South Korea...where people would get cell phone alerts when they were approaching an area where infected people were .... just like your phone knows when you walk in a Home Depot and ads start popping up. Information is power.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: MissSmartypants

If all the hotheads who are focused on the 'lockdowns tanking the economy' -

- and screaming about 'never mind' the overrun hospitals 'just get us back to work', would stop running their mouths and start looking at info such as in this thread and really 'thinking'...

...they might realize that the sooner there is nationwide coordination in gathering data thoroughly (and continually) with ongoing analyzation - the sooner 'strategies' for getting people back to work can start being formulated...

A better use of all that heated, self righteous ire, would be to:

Call out the inaction/incompetency of the CDC/government and start screaming at these officials to get their acts together and figure out how to do the jobs they were elected/appointed to...

...or else man up, own up to their lack of qualifications/ineptness for their positions and make way for proven professionals who can take the reins and successfully implement the logistics of getting our country thru every stage of this crisis and recovery from it.

edit on 2-4-2020 by lostgirl because: spacing

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Hear hear, you should be a leader. Right on, I agree massive failure from start to finish. You are right, lostsa angry men on the board wish, they would focus on how this mess coulda been prevented, our leaders are actually accepting and believing they can’t get in front of the virus.

Mind over matter

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Yes. Science is being run out of town. The less data, the better toward that end. Perhaps.

At the same time, Fauci has been vilified by some conspiracy peddlers on the far right as a part of the anti-Trump deep state. Conservative media commentators like Fox Business host Lou Dobbs and talk show host Rush Limbaugh have viewed Fauci with suspicion as the plain-speaking Fauci hasn’t shied away from publicly correcting Trump’s erroneous statements about the virus.

talkingpointsmemo.com...

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Any interest in the data I sent you? I thought my post was the only one that addressed your thread at the time lol. You got something again my post?

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ColoradoJens

I saw it.
It's awesome dude. Thanks.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 10:45 PM
link   

I saw it.
It's awesome dude. Thanks.

That's it? Ha! Hope all is good and stay safe. Rock on braski.
edit on 2-4-2020 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Ok.
I starred it.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Ok.
I starred it.

Now you had to go and do it...I thought you would like the fact based attempt - honestly I saw your thread floundering and I thought it was important - I thought you were getting exasperated at the fact no one was paying attention to the point of the thread and I ws trying to help. But carry on the chat - did I piss you off by sending you a PM saying hello? People are so unfriendly around here anymore...

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Here in the US we're such a willfull, self centered bunch that the only hope that the government has of controlling us is to scare the living crap out of us so that our self preservation will kick in. Seriously...be afraid, it might save your life.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 10:55 PM
link   

The PM thingy doesn't work.

Hi there.

But here's something I learned. Sometimes delaying a response helps to keep a thread going. But don't tell anyone I told you that.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 11:01 PM
link   
The question I have is whether or not these tests are able to differentiate between the different types of corona-viruses?
Common human coronaviruses, including types 229E, NL63, OC43, HKU1, the more recent ones SARS,MERS and the new COVID-19. My ex works as an ER nurse in San Diego and says they are not testing people. If they have a fever and cough, they are labeled infected and are not tested.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 11:02 PM
link   

The PM thingy doesn't work.

Hi there.

Oh horse#. Anyway, the gist of the PM was, "Hey Phage! Good to see you still here, it's been a while! Got some time on my hands unfortunately for the next couple weeks and wanted to say it is good to see you still crushing humans with cold hilarious logic. Etc etc.

The typical fan email but honestly I like reading your stuff even when you crush me personally which obviously you did in this thread. I think its great!

So you'd knew I'd eventually hit you up. Bastard.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join