It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alive!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 04:22 PM
link   
It's been a long road. I'm fifty fiveteen.

Up and down, the ebb and flow of a crazy world. Good, bad and ugly. My destination travels with me and my frequency has seen all sorts of changes.

I love you peeps, a candle in the dark and a place for me to shine also.

These recent times have made me realise so much of this thing we call life is down to our own perspectives and where we stand to view them.

My memories are and have always been strong, one of the advantages of never dismissing what most are afraid of.

Since joining ATS, not much has changed. Still no aliens we can meet, still no huge revelations, and no big brother we can spank directly, still no bigfoot stuffed in a museum or in a zoo and no life hiding behind rocks on mars we can wave at.

But here I am, watching "Highlander" again. A reminder of ions that congregate in our own DNA. My Grandfather is alive and well, living in me, digging with me, fishing with me. The man who taught me how to chop wood, hunt, think, and aspire when others ridicule. I will always love him for who he was and what he achieved. A great man.

My cat is calling and he has been my friend for twenty years. Hard years, sometimes lonely years, but always strong years. My brother, he always knows when I need love and he is here for me now, bless his little fluffy socks.

Who knows where we will all be this time next year. Still living, still crying, still loving, missing those who are important, not missing those who are not but remembering all.

Screw the small minds, screw the cold hearts, I will rise above and take any with me who wish to travel withing themselves and share.

I knew this year would be an important one. I lost my family to apathy over time and made big decisions to cut ties recently. The ties are still there, but now it is them who must look within to find their souls, not me. I will not die inside so they must live. THEY must live, and the recent events are their chance to grow and respect what is important to them.

I have great friends, not many, but I am a quality person, not quantity. Always have been. They will be with me until we die.

Responsibility, accountability and common sense have brought me to this place and time and space. Something I never imagined I would reach when I was younger. I NEVER gave up even when I could have.

So be strong my friends. Keep a good head on your shoulders and pay attention to everything you should. Don't lie to yourselves as a mind full of rubbish is hard to take when you live so long with it.

Yeah, I know...crazy guy talking bllx, but at least I have a dream that is real and a pretty cool life for someone who hasn't paid tax in 20 years and has been flying by the seat of his pants so well for so long...lol.

Thanks for being there you lot and sharing so much nonsense as I have. Perhaps confusing times, but at least we have the power to still think about it. We must be strong for our futures, our families and our friends futures, and whatever mess they try to make of our world, it is OUR world.

Glad to be ALIVE ALIVE ALIVE when so many others unfortunately die. I will live twice as hard for them, in FREEDOM.

Peace. Love. Light. Goodnight.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

We should all take a deep breathe and be thankful and happy.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Nothing but respect for you over the years Nerbot.
We definitely need to shift our focus right now and appreciate the simplest of things .
I needed this thread today. I'm sure a few do.
Thank you.
Always ATS family
AD

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: AccessDenied

Yes. Family.

Thankyou.

Sometimes we can choose them.

It's a kind of magic.
edit on 2/4/2020 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Thanks for this. I Always like reading what you post. Cheers

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 05:06 PM
link   

A powerful and absolutely beautiful OP.

Just...

Bravo.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Thanks nerbot, between yours and Misssmartypant's new thread I am feeling good... I can SO relate to much of your OP. Will be focusing on the positive stuff more I suppose... No more MSM for me.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 05:44 PM
link   

While your OP had no talk of side-boob, bourbon, or space aliens, it was a very nice expression.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Enjoy your life. Not everyone enjoys such freedoms or decent company.
edit on 2-4-2020 by IredBafi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

While your OP had no talk of side-boob

Quit talking douche....its not funny.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun

Sorry.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Your ego is showing, don't say sorry, just quit being an egomaniac.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: nerbot
It's been a long road. I'm fifty fiveteen.

Up and down, the ebb and flow of a crazy world. Good, bad and ugly. My destination travels with me and my frequency has seen all sorts of changes.

I love you peeps, a candle in the dark and a place for me to shine also.

These recent times have made me realise so much of this thing we call life is down to our own perspectives and where we stand to view them.

My memories are and have always been strong, one of the advantages of never dismissing what most are afraid of.

Since joining ATS, not much has changed. Still no aliens we can meet, still no huge revelations, and no big brother we can spank directly, still no bigfoot stuffed in a museum or in a zoo and no life hiding behind rocks on mars we can wave at.

But here I am, watching "Highlander" again. A reminder of ions that congregate in our own DNA. My Grandfather is alive and well, living in me, digging with me, fishing with me. The man who taught me how to chop wood, hunt, think, and aspire when others ridicule. I will always love him for who he was and what he achieved. A great man.

My cat is calling and he has been my friend for twenty years. Hard years, sometimes lonely years, but always strong years. My brother, he always knows when I need love and he is here for me now, bless his little fluffy socks.

Who knows where we will all be this time next year. Still living, still crying, still loving, missing those who are important, not missing those who are not but remembering all.

Screw the small minds, screw the cold hearts, I will rise above and take any with me who wish to travel withing themselves and share.

I knew this year would be an important one. I lost my family to apathy over time and made big decisions to cut ties recently. The ties are still there, but now it is them who must look within to find their souls, not me. I will not die inside so they must live. THEY must live, and the recent events are their chance to grow and respect what is important to them.

I have great friends, not many, but I am a quality person, not quantity. Always have been. They will be with me until we die.

Responsibility, accountability and common sense have brought me to this place and time and space. Something I never imagined I would reach when I was younger. I NEVER gave up even when I could have.

So be strong my friends. Keep a good head on your shoulders and pay attention to everything you should. Don't lie to yourselves as a mind full of rubbish is hard to take when you live so long with it.

Yeah, I know...crazy guy talking bllx, but at least I have a dream that is real and a pretty cool life for someone who hasn't paid tax in 20 years and has been flying by the seat of his pants so well for so long...lol.

Thanks for being there you lot and sharing so much nonsense as I have. Perhaps confusing times, but at least we have the power to still think about it. We must be strong for our futures, our families and our friends futures, and whatever mess they try to make of our world, it is OUR world.

Glad to be ALIVE ALIVE ALIVE when so many others unfortunately die. I will live twice as hard for them, in FREEDOM.

Peace. Love. Light. Goodnight.

Hi, nerbot. Thanks for your post on my thread. Sorry it took so long....so much drama on my thread...

So you're fifty fiveteen...I'm fortytwentyfour myself with a 17 year old blind cat. Your thread is beautiful, as lyrical as a song. Thanks.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Thanks to all who have replied.

The sun sure is shining bright right now.

top topics

join