It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Give Thanks Continually

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 04:19 PM
link   
One great way to lift your spirits and brighten your mood is to stop right now and take a moment to thank God for your blessings. You'll find it's almost impossible to feel bad when you're actively thanking God. And thank Him for what, you ask? Are you alive right now? Then close your eyes and tell Him thank you. You'll be amazed at how much better you'll feel while you're thanking Him.
The Bible tells us to always rejoice, to pray continually, and to be thankful in all circumstances. Sure, it may SOUND simplistic, but it's not. Just try it, what have you got to lose. You might just feel better.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: MissSmartypants
One great way to lift your spirits and brighten your mood is to stop right now and take a moment to thank God for your blessings. You'll find it's almost impossible to feel bad when you're actively thanking God. And thank Him for what, you ask? Are you alive right now? Then close your eyes and tell Him thank you. You'll be amazed at how much better you'll feel while you're thanking Him.
The Bible tells us to always rejoice, to pray continually, and to be thankful in all circumstances. Sure, it may SOUND simplistic, but it's not. Just try it, what have you got to lose. You might just feel better.

I try to do so every night before I fall to sleep. Great advice from you. Thanks.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: MissSmartypants
And if it doesn't?

Help feeling better I mean
edit on 2-4-2020 by Oleandra88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Oleandra88

Then make a gin and tonic.
The quinine is good for you.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 04:36 PM
link   
You shouldn't have to give thanks to be comfortable in life. It's a lie, like everything else here.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 04:36 PM
link   

This might be exactly what I needed to read right now. Thank you.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage
Nah. Currently it's scotch but a lot of it.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 04:45 PM
link   

So I have a friend who is quadriplegic and is breathing with the help of a machine. With the current virus situation, her situation became even tougher. So how does your suggestion work for her ?

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: gosseyn

So I have a friend who is quadriplegic and is breathing with the help of a machine. With the current virus situation, her situation became even tougher. So how does your suggestion work for her ?

At least she has friends....

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Are you alive right now?

My thread above yours proves the syncronisity and the frequency we share here.

Thankyou my friend for being in my family.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Maybe had your friend been more thankful for her life she wouldn't have gotten herself in this situation?

Um, what I meant to say is...this place is a lie, an abomination. Forced limitation with a very clear purpose to serve hidden forces who are attempting to utilize the energy created from the drama that ensues from people who believe their reality is "real". REAL reality doesn't involve this non-sensical, rules based BS.

You don't have to be thankful to have a better life. You don't have to act a certain way to make people like you, in order to have a better life. You don't need to do anything that you are only doing as a result of believing you need to do ANYTHING to be more comfortable/happy/content, to deter the consequences that exist here from not abiding by pre-conceived BULL SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlukeSkywalker

Maybe had your friend been more thankful for her life she wouldn't have gotten herself in this situation?

Um, what I meant to say is...this place is a lie, an abomination. Forced limitation with a very clear purpose to serve hidden forces who are attempting to utilize the energy created from the drama that ensues from people who believe their reality is "real". REAL reality doesn't involve this non-sensical, rules based BS.

You don't have to be thankful to have a better life. You don't have to act a certain way to make people like you, in order to have a better life. You don't need to do anything that you are only doing as a result of believing you need to do ANYTHING to be more comfortable/happy/content, to deter the consequences that exist here from not abiding by pre-conceived BULL SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Your life is exactly what you make of it.

Period.

That you have decided to make your life a miserable existence is entirely your decision.

To the OP...

Not a Christian but I thank a higher power every day for giving me the chance to live my own life to the best of my abilities.

It's a good life.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Thanks for such an awesome thread! It brought an immediate smile and warmth and I needed that right now! I will definitely be putting this on sticky notes ASAP and putting this into action...

We need more threads like this and less doom and gloom.

"Praise is the lost key to victory." Steven Brooks

My wife and daughter had gone into town to do a few things, I had the hotel room all to myself. I was praying and waiting on the Lord, when suddenly somebody came into the room. The whole atmosphere of the room changed, and he told me - it was a male voice - and this being spoke to me, and said "That's why you were allowed to have found lost keys, because praise is the lost key to victory."

edit on 4.2.2020 by Murgatroid because: felt like it...

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 05:19 PM
link   

I do everyday.
My wife says I have a horseshoe up my arse, because of how much good fortune falls in my lap.

I tell her no, I just trust in god and thank him everyday for all the little things.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 05:40 PM
link   
All my love to you all, my fellow ATSers.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Oleandra88

Then make a gin and tonic.
The quinine is good for you.

If you have malaria...

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oleandra88
And if it doesn't?

Help feeling better I mean

Thanking God is an instant mood elevator. Even if your hearts not in it, keep doing it anyway.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

Period.

You're a liar. You're a control mechanism sent in to deter my message. This life is a set up, a sham, being manipulated and observed by those who are capitalizing on the entertainment of it all, the resulting energy. Sure, you can make things happen for yourself when you put your mind to them (I become a millionaire, for instance), but to act like we are each in control of our own lives is a lie...is propaganda. Just STFU already.

The limitations, the rules, the consequences are a purposely devised structure/system meant to penalize those who don't abide by certain standards. It's just gaming/schooling. You're not thankful? You won't abide by the societal rules we've put in place that the majority believe in? Well, we'll make your life even more miserable. Yeah, ok.

edit on 2-4-2020 by FlukeSkywalker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlukeSkywalker

originally posted by: Lumenari

Period.

You're a liar. You're a control mechanism sent in to make deter my message. This life is a set up, a sham, being manipulated and observed by those who are capitalizing on the entertainment of it all, the resulting energy. Sure, you can make things happen for yourself when you put your mind to them (I become a millionaire, for instance), but to act like we are each in control of our own lives is a lie...is propaganda. Just STFU already.

Here's one more thing to be thankful for.... I'm not you.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 05:53 PM
link   

I have zero issue with your reply. I'm truly glad you're not me and either remain a clueless robot or that you are simply doing what the other person I responded to was doing...spreading propaganda in order to keep me/others in line. I really don't care and have no idea why I'm even bothering to reply to this thread:

Rule #5: Why bother? Do not make conversation, jokes, etc. Be as boring as possible as a form of protest. Only respond with the absolute basic necessary responses in public (thank you, yes please), don’t respond to emails, don’t comment on websites, don’t respond to comments on my videos, etc. I believe I’m being watched and I refuse to be entertaining, to be tested, or to be “sized up” in any way. If at any point while I’m composing a comment or responding to an email, I’m like “why the f am I doing this?”, just stop doing it….because WHY BOTHER?

edit on 2-4-2020 by FlukeSkywalker because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join