It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seems to me that warm weather is starting to "win".

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer
a reply to: Fools

Chech Africa and South America where temperatures are 30 C and corona positive are on the rise.

Temperatures do not slow are speed up infections. It is contact with infected people and infected surfaces.

The positive aspect of warmer climates,though, is more exposure to the sun, and hence a greater natural supply of Vitamin D.

Being in a warm, sunny place may not necessarily inhibit the spread of the virus, but it should help reinforce our immune systems.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: SleeperHasAwakened

I have been overdosing on D and C since this started being a thing. Good thing I had the foresight to think those may be a good thing in this sort of situation.

Looking for more vitamin A as well but it seems that is quickly disappearing.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: SleeperHasAwakened

We don't know if this novels virus is a seasonal virus or not. There is some data that shows it may be and some that shows it may not.

All we can do is pray and hope. The CDC will hope too.

CDC hopes the coronavirus outbreak is seasonal like the flu and subsides in the summer

U.S. health officials, preparing for a potential U.S. outbreak of the new coronavirus, said they hope COVID-19 will prove to be seasonal and subside in the summer, like the flu.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said there is a hypothesis among mathematical modelers that the outbreak "could potentially be seasonal" and relent in warmer conditions.

"Other viral respiratory diseases are seasonal, including influenza and therefore in many viral respiratory diseases we do see a decrease in disease in spring and summer," Dr. Nancy Messonnier, director of the CDC's National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases, said on a conference call Tuesday. "And so we can certainly be optimistic that this disease will follow suit."

edit on 2-4-2020 by LookingAtMars because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I'm still on the idea that warm, dry weather helps.

In my city infection are low compared to other cities.. we've had some 30c - 35c days in the past month

I think the virus mutates and adapts freakishly fast.. which is why there's a short lag of 3-4 weeks once it has entered a country

but for some reason, dry heat stifles it..

which is great, if you are coming into summer.. I'm coming into winter

yikes

edit on 2/4/20 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Its actually a combination of heat and humidity that is the most effective at killing the virus. As ambient temp and relative humidity increase the lifespan of the virus on inanimate objects decreases. Using surrogate viruses as examples, in optimum conditions the virus lived up to 28 days. When the relative humidity was 80% and the temp was 80F there was no detectable virus activity. (Not absolutely sure about the numbers, quoting from memory, but they are close if not correct)

Bacterial infections are the ones that hate dry heat. They thrive in warm moist environments.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

I think the virus mutates and adapts freakishly fast.. which is why it takes time once it has entered a country

For a Cornavirus it mutates very slow. Last I heard there are only 2 strains and 8 mutations. One of the many things about this virus that makes me think it could have been created in a lab.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Warm Weather is indeed important.

Look at Hawaii: www.worldometers.info...

People visit and settle in that beautiful WARM state, from all over the world.

As of today: 226 Active Cases / 1 Death.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 08:12 PM
link   
The crap has spread from the Arctic circle to the Antarctic Circle. Literally!

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

originally posted by: Christosterone
I will make this super simple from an ER physician standard.

Cold weather generally means more nasal discharge.
More nasal discharge means more cracking of the skin.
Open skin means viruses and bacteria have an easier time entering the body.

It’s that simple.

Warm, humid conditions are wonderfully effective keeping viruses at bay.

-Chris

Idk, my spring allergies have caused quite a discharge since stuff started blooming.

I’m not talking about allergies.
I’m talking about a human response to cold.

-Chris

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fools

originally posted by: scubagravy
So since winter is coming , is this an attack on the Southern Hemisphere ?

It is where most of the 3rd world is...

Rich getting richer, the poor get the picture.

Nah, generally speaking (from what I understand researching) virus's in general do not like heat or humidity. An oddity seems that this particular one seems to be able be treated by malaria medicines.

Seems like sometime during your research you would have learned to spell the word “viruses”.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: BiffWellington

originally posted by: Fools

originally posted by: scubagravy
So since winter is coming , is this an attack on the Southern Hemisphere ?

It is where most of the 3rd world is...

Rich getting richer, the poor get the picture.

Nah, generally speaking (from what I understand researching) virus's in general do not like heat or humidity. An oddity seems that this particular one seems to be able be treated by malaria medicines.

Seems like sometime during your research you would have learned to spell the word “viruses”.

Internet much?

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

Well now that was uncalled for

TV and Internet don't come close to telling the truth.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I'm afraid you are mistaken about the warm weather slowing it down. My wife is from the Philippines and her family back home says things are pretty scary there and they are still in the thick of summer. Maybe the Psychic was right and this thing will just up and disappear. I sure would love to get back to arguing with the forum liberals instead of this mess.

At any rate be well and god bless.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 10:56 PM
link   
trigger finger.
edit on 2-4-2020 by tinktinktink because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Christosterone
I will make this super simple from an ER physician standard.

Cold weather generally means more nasal discharge.
More nasal discharge means more cracking of the skin.
Open skin means viruses and bacteria have an easier time entering the body.

It’s that simple.

Warm, humid conditions are wonderfully effective keeping viruses at bay.

-Chris

This makes a lot of sense to me; well said. Also, more nasal discharge likely means more sneezing and coughing, and more opportunity for shedding the virus onto items at stores, on mass transit, door handles, restroom surfaces, etc etc

top topics

<< 1   >>

join