It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OMG, So Many Americans Have Died Since WA's First COVID Death!!!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

My state has two hotspots: the main urban cores of the two largest cities and then clusters in nursing homes and apartment complexes ... huh, seems to be a theme there. Living stacked on top of other people is bad when it comes to staying healthy, so let's keep everyone in their tiny little boxes. K thanx, bye!

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: Mandroid7

I think it's real, but I think it's also fairly normal occurrence no different from the standard high end flu year.

If that is true there is a lot of lying going on all over the world.

My mind is open to the fact this is being way overblown. But if this is true than why has a lot of the world been lying to most of us.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence
it has always been one of the top leading causes of death, not just in the USA but the world. Now that there is a microscope on it, you went from ignorance of the numbers to freaking out about the same numbers.

I literally just dissected Albany Georgia over the last two pages. The story reported is not seem to be matching the reality. I guess I could drive up there to verify, its only about 5-6 hours away.

a reply to: LookingAtMars
the whole world does not have to lie when you can count the owners of most media on one, maybe two hands. The lies come from the top, and the people underneath just do their job as ordered. Its really that simple. 9/11 anyone?? I mean, building 7 was standing there just fine when the reporter said it had already went down. And then it did, ten minutes later.

But they cannot generate hysteria based on similar fibs??
edit on 4-2-2020 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Living stacked on top of other people is bad when it comes to staying healthy, so let's keep everyone in their tiny little boxes.

Yeah, cities are bad. For any number of reasons.

But what're gonna do? That's where most of the jobs are.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Excellent thread! It keeps things in perspective. Covid-19 is just one more thing that kills people... and is just a minor addition at that. The list probably gets longer every year.

It's extremely minor. If one really wanted to consider perspective one could also take a peek at the global birthrate. 52,000 CV deaths since this started 3 months ago. 140 million humans are born each year. The globe replaced the number who have died over those 3 months before 3:30 AM on the day of the first death in China.

Yeah that's the point of social distancing and quarantine. You know, to KEEP it minor.

Would you believe there are people even on these boards that are so stupid they think we should all just go back to work and everything should just go back to before covid-19?

I never went off work and no one has got sick there. I am glad as well. 100 employees in an machine shop that makes aerospace parts for Space X, Raytheon, General Dynamics and Boeing, and many more big name customers. They all sent us demand letters that we stay open and working because of our DPAS contracts, (Defense Priorities and Allocations System).

Now Boeing also does DPAS work and even if they didn't is still an essential business, but they closed everything because of severe internal employee protests during work hours. Now they are going to lay off tons of those people. Now where I work all the big brass stay home and make us work on the battle front so they can make that fat executive paycheck

After two of those demand letters came in a few days later those very companies decided to close for awhile, which makes them hypocrites of course. I wanted to put little labels on those letters (posted on a big bulletin board) that reads "hypocrite 1 and hypocrite 2", but it was heavily discouraged.

I consider myself lucky that I'm still working, but I do in fact see that this crap is way overblown as far as mandatory shutdowns go. I still worry a tiny bit I might catch the virus, but is worth getting to the point of supporting all of this 1984 style losses of common freedoms? NO. If it gets to the point where some cop tries to demand I prove I am going somewhere legitimately that cop is going to get their ass kicked no matter what the consequences to me are. Why?

Because people that are still working, even though they are deemed essential are indeed gathering in huge groups inside buildings and they aren't being harassed by power seeking morons, even if they are practicing the 6 foot apart rule.

These stipulations are not being dispersed equally everywhere. It doesn't make sense for some to be pushed around and others ignored, because their is no logic to that. It is impossible in a building with hundreds of people to completely adhere to social distancing. Only haphazardly can those things be done. The damage being done by the power enforcement of idiocy is much worse than the virus can do.

You still have to go the store eventually and you will get close enough to people that might potentially transmit the virus to you.

So the point being is that it isn't worth allowing any intrusion upon freedom in any way beyond a healthy respect for the welfare of others. As long as we are doing at least that much, and some still encounter a severe over reach of enforcement, then that over reach demands instant punishment even though it may draw personal consequences. This means we get to still call ourselves Americans.

The very government state and federal are FORCING me because of the Defense Priorities and Allocations System to keep working. Some companies have said screw the DPAS rules anyway, but not mine, while management stays at home safe in self quarantine. It's unbelievable.

edit on 2-4-2020 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: added

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

it has always been one of the top leading causes of death,

No, it hasn't. It's brand new.

you went from ignorance of the numbers to freaking out about the same numbers.

Who's freaking?

I guess I could drive up there to verify, its only about 5-6 hours away.

Go for it. Not that I'd trust you over anything else...

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Yeah, cities are bad. For any number of reasons. But what're gonna do? That's where most of the jobs are.

It is called commuting.

An act or instance of commuting, especially the trip made by a commuter: a 22-mile commute; an easy commute.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 08:24 PM
link   

So why are we treating every place in the nation like it's a city though?

I think one of the worst things about this is that we're treating every single place like it's a densely packed urban core. The disease may be the same one, but the conditions it's spreading through are not and different places are going to have different courses. What is the best solution for a place like NYC may not be what you need in Podunk Junction.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 08:26 PM
link   

So why are we treating every place in the nation like it's a city though?

Because people travel to and from cities and the virus travels with them. Density exacerbates the problem, yes. But reduced density does not make it go away.

Testing levels suck, there is no way to know who has the disease and who doesn't. In lieu of that, "Stay the F* home."

edit on 4/2/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Meh FLORIDA, is going into lockdown at midnight, I dunno, we have allot of old people here, that pay taxes and are scared of getting covid. 🤷‍♂️ Not that I am in the mood to debate on the right and wrong of how our dumb politicians are dealing with this pandemic, I just think we are all focused on the wrong thing. I agree with burd, thou our freedom, is pretty much gone atm, we can’t go outside, go to a park, or restaurant, bowling alley, skating rink, or boobie bar, or take our boat out onto the water THEY closed boat docks too!!! it’s like let’s just nuke all freedom, and act like we know what we are doing. I have a theory here I may grab my Bluetooth keyboard out put my tin foil hat out and make a topic, about it since I am board and not be lazy with my proof reading, but ya we are distracted.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Meh this lockdown is a joke thou, I can catch a plane to nyc, hang out there a couple days catch covid, then take a plane to Cincinnati, on and on and on...

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 08:29 PM
link   

GA has had some smaller rural towns hit hard.

That's what the media says anyway.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Who said anything about not staying home?

But local places are better to decide what they need and how.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence
your focusing on this mutation, except different mutations of corona are also in the top causes of all respiratory illnesses every year. Therefore, same numbers. As a virus, it also may just happen to be more competitive this year than influenza and rhino mutations.

Corona virus kills every year just like influenza, this is not a new phenomenon. Using it as a scapegoat for a correcting market while stripping world citizens of their rights, now that is new for corona.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

your focusing on this mutation

This one is the one infecting and killing people and is hard to contain or treat because it's new. That's the thing about new mutations.

(*you're)

Corona virus kills every year just like influenza

Not this one.
edit on 2-4-2020 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I'm in Podunk Junction. When the panic buying hit, people came from Seattle to buy things their stores were mostly out of.
People here hit the store looking for everything they could get there hands on, along with the Covid shoppers from Seattle.

Podunk Junction got its first cases last week, with three deaths. We're only up to 19 positive cases today, so that's not too bad. I hope it doesn't get much worse.

I got an email from my eldest tonight, who works in healthcare in Seattle.

Text I can assure you the hospitals are not empty, and this is not fake. Everyone here is terrified to go to work.

If you're not in a 'hot spot' it doesn't seem too bad. I hope it never starts hitting Podunk Junction as hard as it's hitting the big cities.
edit on 400000088America/Chicago301 by nugget1 because: sp

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 08:39 PM
link   

But local places are better to decide what they need and how.

I agree. If they have an accurate picture of the situation. How much testing has been going on in your neck of the woods?

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 08:50 PM
link   
This is the issue that we are numerically #ed by.

Friends of mine have been certified as being positive here without being tested.

Their symptoms were enough to give a diagnosis.

So I'm not sure about our numbers.

You would think the mortality rate would go down if thats the way hospitals were working.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Tim2win

I think that the mortality rate is a distraction at this point of the crisis and that there is no way that it can be accurately determined while the number of unresolved cases continues to rise. As well as the testing rate being dismal.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 08:57 PM
link   
The problem Is and for trump lovers this is gonna suck to hear. We should have locked down the county back in January, February, at the latest. Trump, called this a hoax, at one time or another. When the guy in Washington, came up positive and went to the hospital in icu, that town or state should have done the quarantine crap we are doing now for 30 days period. Once we noticed china, did not get control of the virus, in wuhan, and it got out of control, we should have started to prepare. Instead of making a new thread I will just put this here on burd.

Yet during all this time, trump ego and congress hate had the dumbass impeachment circus, act in DC. They were not paying attention to the pandemic occuring, nor did we confront the Chinese on what the hell was going on. That smells fishy as hell.. So months later, we get a Trump, announcing to us we are closing boarders to the EU, and acknowledging the pandemic. This was after we had our first case in NYC, At that moment that city should have been locked down. Yet it was not, what fascinates me is we can still travel state to state or catch a flight out of any city to another one. No real attempted to quarantine hot spots on the country and why? I mean trump, is using the emergency powers act, he can do it. So I am all over the place, its is almost like they are to stupid to figure out how to stop this virus, well that has been proven because we are at this point in the story, and at the same time, why no focus on China, I dont want to get into my thoughts on china at the moment, but china, will be the first to recover from this pandemic, and if this was used, hold on lemme space this out.

If china, did use this disease as a weapon, in retaliation to the trade war, they studied us, and our society, and went for our weakness, weak positions, freedom, corrupt media, globalized economy etc. I am not sure if they will actually try to go further with this little endeavor it seems they are getting away with, but the only reason I think this is a legitimate possibility is because they have been governing and running economies allot longer than the United States.

Anyhow sorry about the response I am so bored, tired of video games, and movies etc. definitely tired of walking my dog, if I am not working I am sitting at home, or walking my dog, our bickering with my wife been married over 10 years. Feel free to respond debate, or get creative.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join