It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OMG, So Many Americans Have Died Since WA's First COVID Death!!!

page: 46
<< 43  44  45    47  48  49 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

I don't live in Michigan or any of those blue states.

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

So after 4 posts saying words are meaningless they now have power?

And now it is about working within the system?

I guess foregoing a mask wasn't enough.

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 10:05 PM
link   
So, you still paid into a system you claim to hate, thereby propping it up.

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 12:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik
So, you still paid into a system you claim to hate, thereby propping it up.

Oh well. Win some you lose some.

Again, it's not "the sytem*" I hate it's 90% of government(s) mainly because they're populated by low information employees that are difficult to can fed by low information voters who don't even have to prove knowledge of the issues before voting
edit on 5/10/2020 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Enough for what?

Subvert unconstitutional demands? It's more than enough, the net effect is I wear one when I seem it appropriate no more no less

I travel when I feel it's appropriate, government recommendations not accounted for

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 01:00 AM
link   
But you said you were bringing it down by subverting it.

I am working to bring it down by subverting it's authority.

Now you say it isn't the system you hate. I sense a little flip-flopping going on.

As for your other post: Not wearing a mask wasn't enough to bringing the system down so now you want to "motivate patriots" to get them to vote.

You went from "The default position is one of freedom until somebody steps in to try and stop us", implying badassery, to working with the system to change gov and even admitted to acquiescing to the ATS T&C because you value the site.

Also, flaunting recommendations is hardly the show of defiance that you are making it out to be.
edit on 10-5-2020 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 01:50 AM
link   

ATS isn't the government, they are a good group of mostly (all?) Volunteers who give their time to run a place I've called my home away from home for 16 years of my life. ATS has been with h me for a good 20% of my life so no I won't throw that away over a few loud mouths.

You're the one who continues to move the goalposts making it about this, that and the other. I merely said the default position is people exercising their rights as they see fit regardless of what any government says.

I order you to pay penance to the magical egg every Tuesday at 6AM. But it has no practicla value because unless I can physically force you to do it it's nothing better to an empty hollow gesture/posturing.

Point is a government can say whatever words it wants to, they're meaningless until someone with weapons shows up and tries to force compliance.

In this case, they have no legitimacy and I suspect it wouldn't end too well for them.

You're wrong and you're grasping for straws. You think if you just use the right combination of words...

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Also, flaunting recommendations is hardly the show of defiance that you are making it out to be.

I'm glad you shared your opinion with me.

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 02:00 AM
link   

I'm showing how your online bravado is nothing more than just that. You offer nothing but empty hollow gesture/posturing as well.

I have no goalposts to move. I never drew any line in the sand.

As for your other post: By the way, is it that hard put all your ideas in one post?

Anyway, yeah, you are not mandated or facing a fine so not wearing a mask isn't an act of defiance. You sure are not going to bring the system down by not following recommendations, as you seemed to imply in the little bit that I quoted. You are not even subverting their authority. They are asking nicely.
edit on 10-5-2020 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 02:02 AM
link   

I already drew my line in the sand, and you nor anybody else crossed it.

You're not in a position to attempt to deny my Constitutional rights.

I'm showing how your online bravado is nothing more than just that. You offer nothing but empty hollow gesture/posturing as well.

Think what you want, it makes absolutely no difference to me.

Anyway, yeah, you are not mandated or facing a fine so not wearing a mask isn't an act of defiance. You sure are not going to bring the system down by not following recommendations, as you seemed to imply in the little bit that I quoted.

Now I'm implying?

They are asking nicely.

And I'm declining nicely. Unless there is a reason I decide I need one.
edit on 5/10/2020 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 02:12 AM
link   

It makes enough of a difference to you that you come on here trying to pass off not wearing a mask, when it isn't mandated, as an act of civil disobedience.

You did imply that you not wearing a mask was somehow subverting the governments authority. That wasn't true anyway.

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Those are your words, not mine. I don't care about passing anything off, simply saying that those who choose to ignore illegal orders are going about their business quite normally.

The first one to use the phrase "bringing down XYZ" was you. The first one to mention wearing masks was you. I merely said that infringing on a Citizen's Constitutional rights was unacceptable because there is no "unless there's a pandemic" clause in the BOR. I don't care about civil disobedience or any of that virtue signalling posturing crap. I care about real-world results.

The real-world results is that unconstitutional orders will (and are being) ignored. Armed patriots on the steps of the Michigan state capitol for instance. People going to block parties. Funerals. Any number of events government has tried to unlawfully ban that people still do, that's subverting their illegitimately claimed powers.

You going to do something about it? Or accept that unlawful orders are only as good as the people who choose to follow them.

You did imply that you not wearing a mask was somehow subverting the governments authority. That wasn't true anyway.

In your opinion that's not true.

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 02:31 AM
link   

And you said you were working on bringing it down by subverting its authority. Those were your words.

Since when are recommendations orders?

That is why your claim, that your were subverting the governments authority by not following a recommendation isn't true. They asked nicely and you declined nicely. They are still in power and you have not brought anything down.

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 02:35 AM
link   

They are still in power and you have not brought anything down.

Power is only as good as one's ability to exercise it. It is meaningless when those given the orders ignore them. Refer back to my ordering you to worship a magical god of eggs and/or bacon.

And yet I'm not the only one doing it. There are plenty of people living under conditions of abject tyranny in blue states who choose to ignore government's orders.

As I said early on, I'm lucky enough to live in Free America.

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Since they never ordered you, your choice to not wear a mask is not an act of defiance.

Those in blue states acting in defiance don't lend any credence to your claim that you not wearing a mask is subverting authority. Yours is an empty hollow gesture.

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 03:10 AM
link   

That wasn't my claim, it was a comment made in passing to a statement you made.

My claim is exactly as posted above.

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 03:23 AM
link   
It was still a comment you made, your claim, even if you now want to say it was in passing to something I said.

This all started by you saying nobody acquiesced. I said people wearing masks did. You said you were not going to wear one when you went to walmart and that:

I am working to bring it down by subverting it's authority.

That wasn't true because nobody was forcing you to wear one.

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 03:35 AM
link   

If you're so convinced you've proven your point (to nobody) then why are you still talking?

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 04:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: burdman30ott6

So one month on and you're at almost 80 000 deaths, what percentage is that now compared to when you authored the thread and it was at 2% and 5000 or so deaths?

Nowhere near the trillions of dollars the response has cost us or the millions whose lives have been turned upside down, nor the many, many who will die or see their lives shortened thanks to that inversion.

I'm not changing my position on this, man. In fact, my position has gotten more resolute with each passing day. The government screwed us all and fearful little bastards egged them on in doing so. Shame!

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 09:33 AM
link   

For the same reason you are still here talking despite claiming you don't care.

new topics

top topics

<< 43  44  45    47  48  49 >>

join