It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OMG, So Many Americans Have Died Since WA's First COVID Death!!!

page: 44
<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

You're right, it doesn't matter when "the people" acquiesce.

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

And since nobody has acquiesced...

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

So one month on and you're at almost 80 000 deaths, what percentage is that now compared to when you authored the thread and it was at 2% and 5000 or so deaths?

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Everyone staying home, observing curfews and wearing masks sure did. Especially those complaining about it on the web.

edit on 9-5-2020 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 07:06 PM
link   

I did none of those things.

Fantasy island is no fun
Last I checked people were and still are doing as they please.
edit on 5/9/2020 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Not everywhere. Those people that are following orders did acquiesce.

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 07:12 PM
link   

What's your point? I've said all along, if someone wants to hide under their respective rocks let them.
Meanwhile, some of aren't scared of a minimal risk and put our civil rights above any danger

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 07:14 PM
link   
80,000 deaths since February out of 320,000,000 people in the USA = .025% death rate.

Or, as www.worldometers.info... says, 242 deaths per million citizens.

Just another minor contributor to U.S. deaths.

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 07:15 PM
link   

What is your point? You said nobody acquiesced. That is obviously incorrect.

Also, the freedom loving bunch isn't there securing their freedoms either. Just a bunch of internet chatter about living free or dying.

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

So one month on and you're at almost 80 000 deaths, what percentage is that now compared to when you authored the thread and it was at 2% and 5000 or so deaths?

Its sitting on just under a 6% death rate 5.95 % to be more accurate . Just like the flu , i think not .

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

Indeed, I suspect it will get worse still as the infection spreads, the second wave will likely be disastrous.

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

No, no its really not. Studies have shown that as many as 400x the reported amounts are infected. Take your number and divide by 400. It's extremely low.

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Not going to happen. Won't be any statistically significant number killed.

Like we've said all along, stay home and cower if they want. Some people want to be successful and are willing to take a risk to do it.

Nothing is "safe" nor will it ever be nor was it ever. There's always an element of risk involved. They can Coil up in their paddeded room under their favorite blankie if that reality frightens people.

Those of us with chest hair will continue going in public.

Besides, you realize that a tiny percentage of the country has 90-something+ percentage of total cases right?

Its a non-issue.

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 08:33 PM
link   

We're securing our freedoms every day by going about our normal lives. The default position is one of freedom until somebody steps in to try and stop us.

I wouldn't recommend it, but YMMV.

Let the 2% of the country with 90% of all cases cower and huddle. There isn't going to be a UBI or any sort of continual massive cash payouts. Either get back to work or go to the poorhouse. The choice is for each individual to make.

Yes, you might die. Its a possibility. Get over it.

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 08:39 PM
link   

No, no its really not. Studies have shown that as many as 400x the reported amounts are infected. Take your number and divide by 400. It's extremely low.

Do you have links for these studies or is it some person on social media . Real studies only . I am pretty sure if the great minds of ATS can find these studies the MSN could as well and they would be all over it , i mean ALL OVER IT . But for some strange reason they aren't . Funny about that .

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Sigh...

We are all still going out in public but we are rural so were pretty much socially isolated as it is. We've had 63 deaths in t h e entire country of 25 million people, that has something to do with the people here being smart enough to work together or perhaps we just don't have chest hair..

Like anything else there's a huge difference between rural living and city living, just because you can't see it doesn't make it a non issue, part of the reason America is being smashed by this disease is the me and mine attitude you displayed in your post.

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 08:42 PM
link   

You are definitely not bringing down the tyrannical (state) governments imposing themselves on your fellow citizens.

All talk until it happens to you and then there will be more talk.

The choice is for every individual to take sounds a lot different than the, I love my country posted by you in another thread.

Nobody is asking you whether there should be a UBI. There are a lot of things put in place regardless of your opinion. You just acquiesce to all of those as well.

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 08:52 PM
link   

You say that, but in reality you have no clue what you're talking about.

You are definitely not bringing down the tyrannical (state) governments imposing themselves on your fellow citizens.

By doing what we've been doing, yes we absolutely undermine their authority forcing them to either try and do something or not. Thus far they have been smart enough to go with "not"

The choice is for every individual to take sounds a lot different than the, I love my country posted by you in another thread.

Nope.

Once again, my country is what I love. I despise 90% of government and wouldn't shed a tear if they were in the ground.

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Nobody is asking you whether there should be a UBI. There are a lot of things put in place regardless of your opinion.

But not a UBI. And I've personally started donating to anti-aborition and a handful of other anti-liberal causes. NOT because I care about those causes/dislike them, but because I'm sick and tired of liberal democrats and their mouthy attitudes.

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
By doing what we've been doing, yes we absolutely undermine their authority forcing them to either try and do something or not. Thus far they have been smart enough to go with "not"

Meh, that doesn't take them out of power. It just gives them a chance to try again later. Nice cop out.

Once again, my country is what I love. I despise 90% of government and wouldn't shed a tear if they were in the ground.

But you won't do your part in putting them there.

You just bend the rules when you can and acquiesce when you can't.

new topics

top topics

<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join